Mouse stops responding

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

bassettcorp
x3

Mouse stops responding

Post by bassettcorp » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 18:28

I've recently started playing this game after getting it in the sale. my issue is that the mouse that I'm using to steer my ship stops responding at certain times until I use my arrow keys. then it works fine for a while. is there a way to get more response from my mouse? it usually happens when I get around other ships/stations and close to gates.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 3. Jan 18, 18:31

Which X game? This information helps us to help you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

bassettcorp
x3

right sorry

Post by bassettcorp » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 01:04

Operating Sysyem: Windows 10
CPU: Intel Core i7- 3770
Graphics card: NVIDIA Quadro 600
Memory: 12.0GB
Game Version: x2: the threat
Nature of the problem: it loses the mouse controls when I get close to a station or gate making it impossible to turn the ship until I hit an arrow key on the keyboard.
Sector: every sector I've been in so far (throughout Argon)
Non plot problem
and no scripts or mods installed.

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 02:12

Have you tried reoving the joystick deadzone? I'm willing to bet you're trying to only use fine movements when you're that close, and the issue becomes that if you move it too much the ship flies wildly out of control?

bassettcorp
x3

Post by bassettcorp » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 02:21

I'm using a mouse so will the joystick dead zone effect that? and it doesn't matter how much I move the mouse the ship won't move at all I've litterally tried flailing it around wildly to get a response with no luck

kohlrak

Post by kohlrak » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 04:44

A weird design issue with the game. I'm having trouble finding the thread now, but if you open up the registry editor (regedit, which is preinstalled on windows) and do a search for "X2" you'll find an entry marked "InputJoyDeadzone" which you can set to 0. I think the launcher will reset this value if you change the controls in any way, so you 'll want to set your controls how you want them first, then set that value to 0. I'm not 100% sure if the joystick sensitivity works for the mouse or not, but you could try setting it to 0, which would for sure confirm if it does (since the mouse would stop moving the ship in X2). Obviously you'll need to close and restart X2 to see the changes.

bassettcorp
x3

Post by bassettcorp » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 12:09

I tried the DeadZone target thing and had no luck I'm afraid however I have noticed it seems to be after I use the SETA on the ship

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 16:38

Try a different mouse driver, such as a default one from Microsoft if using a bespoke one from the manufacturer for your mouse - or vice-versa. Alternatively swap from a PS/2 mouse connection to a USB one - or vice versa. If these help then that will point to the current mouse driver as the cause of the issue.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 4. Jan 18, 22:55

It would also be helpful to post your DXDIAG as mentioned in the thread Alan mentioned. Here's the FAQ article on how to do that.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 13:48

Have the same problem with the ps2 and usb mouse, the sensitivity decreases from time to time, so only the cockpit moves a little.
dxdiag:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u5a87 ... reUjqjabYi

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 17:17

@ KrYcHokE: You have multiple x2.exe crash issues reported that look as if they are device driver issues. I would suspect that 2013 RealTek sound driver. You can update that from the RealTek update site to the latest 2017/18 HD Audio Codec driver for Win10 x64 (probably R2.82 or R2.83).

See if that helps with general game stability.

I can see that your PS/2 mouse driver is up to date, but I cannot see the USB one in your DxDiag. Are the in-game problems with the two different types of mouse identical?

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Thu, 5. Jul 18, 17:52

Yes, I use ps2 mouse, usb mouse i put for check and get same bug.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”