How do I reinstall Reunion? - All resolved.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

x3tc

How do I reinstall Reunion? - All resolved.

Post by 150147 » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 11:25

Having a problem claiming bailed ships. Not getting claim option when left clicking on target during spacewalk. Using unmodded install but may be corrupted by scripts and mods that were previously installed and then uninstalled.

Think I need a fresh vanilla install. How do I do it?

Any help would be appreciated.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 11:55

The "Claim bailed ships" feature is actually hardcoded, meaning that it cannot be changed that easily by scripts or mods. Therefore make sure that you're close enough to the ship in question, less than 30 m (basically as close as possible). Also, make sure that the ship really does not have a pilot. Also try different ships.

As for uninstallation, the easiest method independent of the platform (CD, DVD, Steam, GOG etc.) is using Windows own uninstallation feature, as described here. (Should be similar on later OS versions.) There is a chance that afterwards some files are still left in the X3 Reunion installation directory. If that's the case, delete the X3 Reunion folder manually.

If you want to backup your savegames, they can be found in Documents\Egosoft\X3\save.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 12:21

Thanks for your reply.

Have now tried reinstallation and still have same problem.

Well within 30m and different ships. Never had this problem before.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 17:56

Is this from a fresh start after a clean reinstall or are you still using saves from when you were modded?

What I mean by a clean vanilla reinstall is covered in the reinstallation advice at the end of this.

Hold on, in X3R don't you claim abandoned ships by getting close enough and then hitting Enter to bring up the bottom menu, then select target and then claim? (From your suit or from your ship if it is fitted with system override software.) I'm not sure that left-clicking on a target ever gave that option in vanilla.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 25. Jun 18, 10:36

"Hold on, in X3R don't you claim abandoned ships by getting close enough and then hitting Enter to bring up the bottom menu, then select target and then claim? (From your suit or from your ship if it is fitted with system override software.) I'm not sure that left-clicking on a target ever gave that option in vanilla."

Doh!..............that's it ...............sorted LOL! :lol: :evil: :)

Happy now!

Been playing Rebirth , AP and Stellaris too long methinks.

Thanks

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”