x2 (and other x games) not recognizing nvidia GTX card

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

davhaas
x3tc

x2 (and other x games) not recognizing nvidia GTX card

Post by davhaas » Thu, 24. Jan 19, 18:23

Hi all,
I think I'm not the only once facing this problem.

In my new laptop (Acer) I have an NVIDIA GTX 1050 card but the game doesn't show it as a choice. The graphics card driver is updated (just did it).

So, the simple question: Why doesn't the x2 program recognize this card? Is there a way to "trick" the game to just accept it as a generic card?

Note: Since the problem is so narrow and somebody else with a similar problem sent in a full Diagwin sheet of specs, I've decided it's not needed.

Thanks for helping! David

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: x2 (and other x games) not recognizing nvidia GTX card

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 25. Jan 19, 18:29

When X2 was released, dual GPU setups were far less common than today. To run X2 with your Nvidia GPU, right click on the X2.exe, select "Run with graphics processor" and click on "High-performance NVIDIA processor". Alternatively, below you should find an option to change the default graphics processor.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”