mod manager giving grief with x3mmext.dll file not found error

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RevanDarkLord
x3

mod manager giving grief with x3mmext.dll file not found error

Post by RevanDarkLord » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 00:26

Anyone had this problem before? I downloaded the mod manager and when I try to run it it says that x3mmext.dll file is not found. Its right in the modmanager directory in program files!
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced."
- James A. Baldwin

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Tue, 6. Dec 05, 09:05

Do you also have msvcr71.dll and zlib1.dll in the X3MM directory? If no then you must download then C runtime and zlib1 library installation. This should be downloaded automatically during installation of X3MM though :?

Once you run it, it will give you list of "destinations" - select X3 ModManager (make sure that the path is correct) - or you may select [other directory] and select the X3MM directory manually. You may also want to point it to windows/system32 (or winnt/system32) - this way the files will be only once on your system.

kevonski
x3

Post by kevonski » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 07:03

Edited: Did some digging on the site and finally found the mod manager. Anyway to put it on the same page with the X3 editor? Was kidna of tricky, following the link above takes you to the x3 editor, to find the mod manager you have to dig a little (clicking downloads it only shows the x3 editor.)

Gotem all unpacked now and preparing to spend many sleepless hours tinkering with this. :-)

Daemonjax
x4

Post by Daemonjax » Mon, 16. Jun 14, 02:02

Hey, crazy old thread, but I needed to run x3mm instead of the newer x3 editor 2 in order to properly extract a specific cat/dat...

... I ran into the same problem as the OP, and so here's where I got the needed files to get x3mm running since they're not on the author's site anymoer:

zlib1.dll: http://www.zlib.net/
msvcr71.dll: search your computer's c drive for it... you should have one in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder.

Midnightknight
x4

Post by Midnightknight » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 05:42

Is there a way to get it already compiled for windows?

Uncompressing his X3 folder become more tendious that installing an old debian in the years 2000 ...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 8. Dec 17, 10:09

The modmanager is really an outdated piece of software these days. It's has since been replaced by the X3 Editor 2. Alternatively, there's the official X Rebirth Cat Tool, which works with the catalog files of the older X games, too.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”