[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

El Tea
x3

Post by El Tea » Thu, 25. Jan 07, 05:30

I figured out what's wrong with this script...it was just packaged wrong. The three text files (447767.xml, 447768.xml, and 447769.xml) were put into the package as scripts and are unpackaged by the script installer into the wrong directory (/scripts instead of /t).

It's an easy fix, but it wouldn't be hosted correctly. Is anyone willing to sort this out?

El Tea

hipperion
x4

Post by hipperion » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 14:20

The script looks great ...but only "on the paper" ...

I leave my 7 UT traders to trade overnight and everytime i wake up to check them out more than halve of them is docked on some station beacause of the lack of fuel ... this SUCKS.

The only thing i can think of is to put some SPP to function as refueling stations.

PS: yes yes yes ... i have the newest version of the script...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 30. Jan 07, 17:39

I used that long ago and I found refueling to be a weak point.
I ended up just hacking it. If a trader does finally run OOF, instead of giving me an nag message it summons the fuel out of thin well, space.

The control over the systems my traders visited was great but in my latest game I skipped the satellite hassle and use simple UT again.
They worked for a long time so far and I only lost 1 out of 11 ever.
The Caiman Hauler is the slowest ship I'd ever put a UT in. With that speed and NOS it can escape nearly everything. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Cith
x3tc

Post by Cith » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 17:54

I'd like to be able to trade in all sectors exept a few. Could you add an option where you tell the traders what sectors NOT to trade in? The sectors containing these sat's will be be unaviable for the UT's
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man how to fish and he'll eat yours.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 01:48

Does this command have the same requirements as the universe trader -namely the two fight commands and a 25MJ shield? I ask because the limited trader command doesn't seem to have the same requirements, and it seems reasonable to assume that it should, unless this is a design decision of course. Whatever the case, just thought I might bring it up just in case it's something that's overlooked.

Also, a very nice and handy command would be to be able to turn off all the trader beacons off all at once - more like a reset function. This way it'll be a lot easier to reset the satellites and define the sectors again, instead of looking everywhere for satellites that we've set to become beacons.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Mon, 26. Feb 07, 16:28

I have run it on X3 v2 for some time now and not once have I received an out-of-fuel message. I have provided them only with shields and decent weapons, the rest (drones, e-cells) they have acquired themselves. My traders have a jump range of over 12 sectors.

It is a great script and a great way to keep your traders out of harms way.

:D

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 11:45

Very handy script, I also have never had the out of fuel message, my range is most argon sectors around argon prime, still deploying more sats :wink:

@reinhart_menken:
It has the same requirements as the standart UT, I tried it without the fighting softwares and shields and got a message that I needed to install the stuff before I could run it.

I don't if this has been sayed before because I didn't read the whole tread, but maybe it's possible to split your trading network in smaller networks.

example: a network in the argon sectors around argon prime, you've deployed nav. stats in those sectors and named them Trade Beacon (1) The "(1)" is the network number. Then you create a network in the nearby boron sectors and name the beacons Trade Beacon (2). You can than ditribute your UT's over the networks, by "telling" them to only enter the sectors with a Trade Beacon (1) or (2) or both.
This would be usefull because you can than have UT's in a small group of sectors (ex: distributing energy and other resorces), and UT's trading in a large number of sectors to distribute energy to networks which have a shortage of energy.

Anyway I already like the script as it is, and sorry if you don't understand anything I sayed

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sat, 3. Mar 07, 12:43

This is possible in the german version, where you can assign the UTs to 9 different (and overlapping) areas. It would be possible to re-translate it to english. (But I won't do it...)

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Sun, 4. Mar 07, 09:26

To bad I'm not good at german, maybe someone else would like to translate it?
Anyway I stick with the version we do have for now.

Rikaelus
x3

Post by Rikaelus » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 03:48

So this script works great for the most part. The only problem I've had is that the UTs seem to be willing to fly (not jump) to neighboring systems to refuel- even if that system isn't in its network. I've had some try going through Xenon space at times, trying to get to fuel.

Is there any way to counter that behavior?

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 10:57

Have a look at the script, [FIX] - TS out of energy, cannot deliver to NULL (Updated 20.12.2005). Now your trader can order the e-cells instead to acquiring them himself. Give it a try and keep us posted.

:)

Bane_v2
x3tc

Post by Bane_v2 » Tue, 6. Mar 07, 01:53

I've been running this script for about three game days (downloaded zip version February 24, 2007). The only time I've received 'out of energy' messages is when there has been hostile ships in the area where my UT wanted to refuel. Once the hostiles were taken care of they continued their UT ways. According to the log they've ordered energy cells on occassion as well. I keep a close eye on my property screen and I haven't noticed them in any sectors without a satellite.

So in my experience this script works perfectly. :?

merlijntje
x3

Post by merlijntje » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 13:14

Bane_v2 wrote:I've been running this script for about three game days (downloaded zip version February 24, 2007). The only time I've received 'out of energy' messages is when there has been hostile ships in the area where my UT wanted to refuel. Once the hostiles were taken care of they continued their UT ways. According to the log they've ordered energy cells on occassion as well. I keep a close eye on my property screen and I haven't noticed them in any sectors without a satellite.

So in my experience this script works perfectly. :?
I have exactly the same experience. Only in the case of hostile presence my UT traders call for help and I see regular orders for cells in my log.

In the beginning I did get the senseless calls for fuel, but I have the feeling that the larger your sat network is, the smaller the chance is that it happens. I did take into account the availability of energy in placing the sats, so I added some sectors to my network that I consider unsafe.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Wed, 7. Mar 07, 14:36

Is anyone using the SatelliteDeploy-v1.12 script with this script?

Asmayus
x3

Satellite Limited Universal Trader mod???

Post by Asmayus » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 15:28

Does anyone have a link to it? I've found a small little problem (not bug) and can't locate the relevant thread... I've searched but to no avail.

-Asmayus

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 15:52

For some reason this script is called "Satilite Limited (somethingorother)".
You probably did the search with correct spelling. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 16:20

There is no such mod.
There is a script.
It is located in the community download sticky.
You could find it yourself, but i did for you.
If you still want to find it yourself, ill put it in spoiler tags. :P
Spoiler
Show

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 17:48

You could find it yourself, but i did for you.
If you still want to find it yourself, ill put it in spoiler tags.
:lol:

Thanks!

merged - STL

Emre Yigit
x3tc

"Satilite" limited trading question

Post by Emre Yigit » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 11:16

Gents, I downloaded this most excellent script. It has been very useful.

However, while the accompanying notes state that:

"To be eligible a sector MUST contain a satellite of either type, but it must be named 'Trade Beacon' or 'Adv Trade Beacon' as appropriate based on type of Sat it is",

I have found my satellite limited traders (I did not make them vanilla UTs) trading in sectors which merely have satellites in them, even if I have not renamed them to Trade Beacon.

Any thoughts?

merged - STL

Oops. :)

KG_AGCent

Post by KG_AGCent » Sat, 5. May 07, 18:40

I had taken my Mamba to an unoccupied sector (unknown sector over by Grand Exchange) changed my name to Thereshallbewings to enable a script something-or-other (I saw that need in another thread somewhere and thought "what the hell") saved the game, installed your script (.spk) using Cycrows Script Installer, relaunched the game and saw 3 new options in my Trade menu. The options were Readtext 2010-430, 431, and 432.

I am running Vanilla X3 2.0.02 with a host of Xai Corp scripts, the Community Extended Mod Pack but no other trader scripts.

What did I do wrong? How may I fix it? Will the commands work as is as long as I know which Readtext goes to which command?

Thanks for your consideration, if you need any further information please do not hesitate to ask.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”