[Script] Satilite Limited MK3 Universal Trader, ready for download.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 15:52

For some reason this script is called "Satilite Limited (somethingorother)".
You probably did the search with correct spelling. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 16:20

There is no such mod.
There is a script.
It is located in the community download sticky.
You could find it yourself, but i did for you.
If you still want to find it yourself, ill put it in spoiler tags. :P
Spoiler
Show

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Fri, 6. Apr 07, 17:48

You could find it yourself, but i did for you.
If you still want to find it yourself, ill put it in spoiler tags.
:lol:

Thanks!

merged - STL

Emre Yigit
x3tc

"Satilite" limited trading question

Post by Emre Yigit » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 11:16

Gents, I downloaded this most excellent script. It has been very useful.

However, while the accompanying notes state that:

"To be eligible a sector MUST contain a satellite of either type, but it must be named 'Trade Beacon' or 'Adv Trade Beacon' as appropriate based on type of Sat it is",

I have found my satellite limited traders (I did not make them vanilla UTs) trading in sectors which merely have satellites in them, even if I have not renamed them to Trade Beacon.

Any thoughts?

merged - STL

Oops. :)

KG_AGCent

Post by KG_AGCent » Sat, 5. May 07, 18:40

I had taken my Mamba to an unoccupied sector (unknown sector over by Grand Exchange) changed my name to Thereshallbewings to enable a script something-or-other (I saw that need in another thread somewhere and thought "what the hell") saved the game, installed your script (.spk) using Cycrows Script Installer, relaunched the game and saw 3 new options in my Trade menu. The options were Readtext 2010-430, 431, and 432.

I am running Vanilla X3 2.0.02 with a host of Xai Corp scripts, the Community Extended Mod Pack but no other trader scripts.

What did I do wrong? How may I fix it? Will the commands work as is as long as I know which Readtext goes to which command?

Thanks for your consideration, if you need any further information please do not hesitate to ask.

boran_blok
x3fl

Post by boran_blok » Sun, 6. May 07, 17:10

the SPK has a bug with files going into the wrong folders. I'd reccomend you uninstall the SPK and use the manual installer, which works fine.

ElTorqiro

Repacked SPK of Satellite Trader version 1.0

Post by ElTorqiro » Tue, 12. Jun 07, 09:08

I hope nobody minds, but I have made a repacked SPK version of this excellent script, just to fix up the incorrect SPK file locations in the one posted in the original post.

Apologies if this offends anyone, such as the author, but I had the "readtext" bug described by a few other posters and decided to fix it rather than install the files manually.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, if you installed the SPK from the original post and now get funny ReadText 2011-430 etc commands in your Trade menu, uninstall that version and download this instead. It was just the original SPK had the text files with command descriptions marked incorrectly, not a bug in the script itself at all (as you would have noticed, the "readtext" commands in your Trade menu still worked, they just had bad descriptions).

Here is a link to the revised SPK, it's hosted at a free hosting service that I haven't used before so if for some reason it is not downloadable let me know and I can send the SPK via email to someone who has more experience hosting files on the internet.

http://upload2.net/page/download/aEE0sE ... 9.spk.html

NOTE: Remember, this is not a new version of the script in any way, it just fixes the SPK error.

Evans3rd
x3

Post by Evans3rd » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 00:41

Hey thanks ElTorqiro.
I have been moving the three files from scripts to the t folder for what seems to be forever. :)
Thanks,

Evans3rd

FlameGlow
x4

Post by FlameGlow » Mon, 6. Aug 07, 19:19

Nice script, but the traders get out of marked area all the time :evil:
This happens when trader can't sell all of his wares at the station he was heading to, so he takes a trip over to another station to sell leftover goods and ignores the lack of satellites in that station's sector. Anyone knows how to fix it :?

Edit:
although I'm n00b in scripting I think adding

Code: Select all

608 @  skip if [THIS] -> call script 'plugin.autotrade.SctrSatNmChk.zz' :  Targetstation=$sellstation
609     $sellstation = null
near end of plugin.autotrade.galaxysat.zz.xml fixes that(restarting traders is required too), at least by now all my traders stay in terran sectors of xtended for many game hours.

trukthumper
x2

Post by trukthumper » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 22:11

Sorry people this script doesnt work all it does is make the game unstable. Game can run for about ten minutes before encountering a fatal error. Limits traders for a few minutes but then you will find them in random sectors and they wont leave them. And for some reason they like trading with the xenon. A complete waste of time.

UT's are becoming worthless to me. its simple if i have a adv. sat in a sector and it says khaak presence...DONT GO THERE. there is your script
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

matches
x3

Post by matches » Sat, 11. Aug 07, 23:31

As this is your first post (so sayith your profile) you MUST be unaware that posting a huge fit ( :evil: ) gets you nothing from what has to be the most generious group of modders/scripters ANYWHERE. A little advice? Try this format: "Please help. I have encountered a problem after installing your script/mod. This is what happened:*E%^&$%&*%^&*. This is the version I'm running:)(*&()*^(&%^*&% These are the mods and scripts that are currently active:!#@$%#$%^$%&^. Any help would be much appreciated."

:wink:
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with matches?"

Realspace Backgrounds http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=180848

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Sun, 12. Aug 07, 00:29

You can also make sure that the friend/foe settings are adjusted for the ships you buy.

Just recently I noticed that the ship I buy have had friend for everything!

Jus made sure they had Pirates, khakk,Xennon, and unknown to foe, and that has made a huge difference, to the numbers lost. Have not seen any in those sectors since!

kriss2pop

Post by kriss2pop » Sat, 1. Sep 07, 16:41

Buttons added: "Satilite Limited Universal Trader," "Active Trade Beacon," "Deactivate Trade Beacon"
mine r like

ReadText2010-430 [ReadText2011-430]
ReadText2010-431 [ReadText2011-431]
ReadText2010-432 [ReadText2011-432]

hmm....

thus blindly i activate 2nd in wanted sect then 1st - and the UT is doing its trade there so far.....

EDIT:
some 20 min - after 1 run both UTs located in respective named sats sector (namelly - all terran sectors) r sitting their azzez like 15 min :gruebel:

buts ok - as far as they dont trade with xenons enymore :P

hope it works m8 :)
if it does - then is a pain-away-UTs thx :wink:

2nd EDIT - D'oh i didnt read the fix post - sorry about this :( - yet is this save compatible -like through the above "readtext" i made all my UTs to run accordingly - thus installing new script with "installer" hm -remove 1st ..;hmmm - do i make any sense ? ....
:oops:

ps : i would rather let it be as is - the "readtext" doesnt bother me is like all terran sects activated all my UTs r there fighting eachother to buy 42 cattle or 35 energy .... hm ( :D :gruebel: :rofl: )

:thumb_up:

Solfi
x3tc

Post by Solfi » Fri, 9. Nov 07, 15:48

After a rather long hiatus, I've reinstalled X3, and tried getting all my favourite mods/scripts in there as well (I've also installed the latest bonus package, which might or might not be a factor). For some reason I can't get the Satellite Limited MK3 Universal Trader-script to run right now (it's probably something stupid that I've overlooked). Anyways; I have the following scripts/mods installed atm. I've tried looking around for known conflicts without much luck, so if someone recognizes something that would cause problems, I'd appreciate if you pointed this out to me:
  • Anarkis Carrier Commands
  • Automated Defense System
  • BBS Offers
  • Extra Missions Pack
  • fix Jump Sequence
  • Freight Transporter Upgrade
  • Insurance Technology
  • (LV's Cheats - temporary - for testing purpose while trying to get script compatibilities sorted)
  • MatchSpeed
  • Product Finder
  • Race Military
  • SatelliteDeploy
  • Satilite Limited Trader
  • Scrap Ship at HQ
  • Self Repairing Hull Technology
  • Shield Boost
  • T.U.B.S - Teladi Universe Banking System
  • TerraCorps Fleet Package

Mods:
  • Exodus Fleet Mod

cheers.

Meteo

Post by Meteo » Sun, 23. Dec 07, 04:07

pandora6969
x3

Post by pandora6969 » Mon, 24. Dec 07, 19:33

Need to ask a question about this script.
When you place your trade beacons and activate them to where you want your ST and UT to start at I understand, but how do you start the sector trader? Do you need a certain software to make him begin as a sector trader?

masterw3
x4

Post by masterw3 » Fri, 4. Jan 08, 09:30

my question is, does anyone have an updated link to the Corrected SPK?
AND
Will the traders avoid entering unsatelited areas?
for example, will he STILL fly through a pirate sector with no satellite to get to another sector that does?

GunnerX

Download

Post by GunnerX » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 00:35

Hi, i've been looking for a script like this for a few days now. I'm very new to X3 so i'm a total noob so i apologise.
Do i download the "SatbasedMK3.zip" and just unzip it into the X3 Folder? is it as easy as that?
I've already downloaded and installed Apricotslices' Gunbus Mod.
Thanks in Advance

GunnerX

Working

Post by GunnerX » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 13:38

Hi again, i got the Script working. i've just bought my first Trade ship and i had to rename the Satellites back to "Your Advanced Satellite" and then selected the Sectors that the Trade ship is allowed to enter to trade. And they were then renamed to "Adv Trade Beacon" as you described. However, when i bought my second Trade Ship and tried to give it instructions as above it say's "Advanced Trade Beacon does not qualify" do i have to repeat the whole process again of renaming them back to "Your Advnaced Satellite"?

Treachery
x3tc

SatBased MK3

Post by Treachery » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 09:09

Hi all,
I used Zzyn's sattelite limited Universe trader. the only thing wrong is that the choices added to the trade menu say "ReadText somenumber" instead of the cammand it is. there are 3 new commands and they all say this. anyone know how to fix this?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”