X3 Cheat Scripts 1.4 : Post ALL cheat questions/requests HERE!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 31. Aug 06, 20:44

Hmm, I can create a modified script to do that. If LV doesn't have issues, I can host the 'alternative'.

Ok, I did it. It's quick, dirty (god I script like monkey with a hammer) but it works.

Added the following Args:

Code: Select all

6: Name , Var/String , 'Name of ship/s or blank'
7: Numberd , Var/Number , 'Numbered? 1=Yes 0/nul=No' 
And at line 43 I inserted:

043    $lth= get length of string $Name
044    if$lth != 0 AND $Name != null
045     $shipname=$Name
046    else
047     $shipname=$st
048    end
049    if$Numberd
050     $zero=' '
051     skip if$i >= 100
052      $zero=$zero + '0'
053     skip if$i >= 10
054      $zero=$zero + '0'
055     $sn=$shipname + $zero + $i
056     $sc -> set name to $sn
057    else if$lth != 0
058     $sn=$shipname
059     $sc -> set name to $sn
060    end
before the '$dec $i='

[ external image ]

As you can see from the image, the first is with Name change, second is name and numbering, third is with number only (it'll use the ships identifier and variation if applicable), and the one under my Buster is without name or number.

You can get up to 999 ships numbered, but God help ya if your in the same sector. :twisted:
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 08:14

Gee, thanks! :)

Super nice job!! :P

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 13:01

Like I said, its dirty, and I had to conditional the hell out of it to make it work right, but it does work.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 20:52

Jakesnake5 wrote:Hmm, I can create a modified script to do that. If LV doesn't have issues, I can host the 'alternative'.:
i have plenty of "issue's" according to my psycaitrist, my management and my spellchecker but not in relation to people using my stuff :)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

redfireeagle
x3

Post by redfireeagle » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 09:33

here is a question to all of you wonderful modders i don't know if the issue has been solved or not (as searching through 33 pages of post is something i have very little time for) it has to do with the only one mod at a time problem and my thought was to make a mod that a is seen in the game as one mod but is actually a mod extension alowing you to have a primary mod and a few secondary mods the primary would contain the map that you want and any other data that would normaly conflict and from the secondaries it would grab all non conflicting data

(ie____________________mega mod______________________ )
(//////////////////////////////////-------------\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ )
(Main: ddrs mod Secondary: ship creator mod, cockpit mod, xfp mod)

i would try it my self but i haven't the experance in modding

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 15:09

'One mod at a time' is not an issue, its how the game was designed to run.

Mods can alter the 'Config Files' (also known as the T files) in such a way as to change the behavior of the game. You couldn't run any other mod because the other mods may change the same files, thus causing a conflict, and not giving you the results you want.

Some mods can be merged into others, so long as they don't change any files the main mod uses (cockpit mod into DDRS would work), but thats the limit of 'normal' user integrations.

The most used T file is TShips.txt. This is where a mod adds, or changes a ships stats. Positions in the TShips file (called slots) are very specific. And if a mod uses scripts in relation to the ships slots (DDRS, Xtended, XFP?) you can't change what slot the ships use without changing the slots the scripts are pointed at.

The modders won't do this, which is why you'll get rebuffed asking them to merge mods. The amount of work necessary to make it 'functional' is not worth their effort (remembre, your not 'paying' for the mod).
[ external image ]

theg3n
x3

Post by theg3n » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 01:04

I'm having a problem with the "Clone ship or station" cheat, everytime I clone my Nova, I get all the correct equipment on my ships (jumpdrives, etc), but all the ships are missing weapons, if my original Nova had 5 AHEPT's, my clone Nova's have none, can someone help me with this issue? Thanks.

Blackknight8x
xr

Re: X3 Cheat Scripts : If you want a cheat/have a question about one post it here

Post by Blackknight8x » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 22:37

LV wrote:you will suffer a fate worse than death

Update 8/4/06

[ external image ]

ok,
Added all the "t" & "scripts" files to the "t" & "scripts" files in x3 folder

started a new game,
got up the menu,
went into general, - now here's the problem,

instead of the names of the cheats i have,

read-text XXXXX - (x's = numbers)

what did i do wrong or what do i need to put where that i haven't ?

please keep in mind this is the first time i have EVER done a MOD/SCRIPT before.

thanks,

blackknight8x

edit: also made sure i done the "Thereshallbewings" in the name change menu, got a little hold, a small beep. yet still after selecting the general menu i get
readtextxxxx-xxx

Also when first starting a new game i get the message

readtext6666-1

PLEASE HELP OUT A NOOB :oops: :roll: :oops:
that's life, you live and you learn. you make a choice, sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong, but were always learning and it's the learning that shapes the next choice we make in life.
X-3
think, trade, fight, build, explore,
but most of all learn

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 23:51

either u made a mistake with the t file, or the game is runnign in a different language, so you need to rename the file

Temmujin
x2

Increase Ship Speed

Post by Temmujin » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 15:26

Does anyone know how to write a script to increase the speed of a specific ship? I like the Centaur but just cant stand the slow speed and want to increase it near that of the Dragon. But I dont nessisarily want to change the whole dynamic of the game by making all of the Centaurs faster just one of them.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the more it seems to slip through your fingers...

Augustini
x4

Post by Augustini » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 15:35

You can download LV's cheat script, there is on option to overtune ships, works like a charm ;)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 15:35

Try Cycrow's Afterburner script
or LV's Cheats (supertune)

Alternatively, you can edit the Centaur's speed in TShips. This will affect ALL Centaurs in the game tho (which isn't that bad).

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 16:00

where do i download LV's script from?

thanks
Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the more it seems to slip through your fingers...

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 16:01

Temmujin wrote:where do i download LV's script from?

thanks
In the stickies :roll:
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 16:20

Thanks, I think I got it. Is this what i need?

* Supertune command disable both to remove
set script command upgrade: command=A_LV_supertune upgrade=[TRUE]
global script map: set: key=A_LV_supertune, class=Moveable Ship, race=Player, script='add.speed.rudder', prio=0

Does this allow me to select a specific ship or does it affect all ship owned by player? Sorry I am very new a scripting I have been playing the X series for years (stopped playing a while back) but only this week decided to script the changes that have been bugging me for some time.

thanks again

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 18:19

merged into CS

* Supertune command disable both to remove
 set script command upgrade: command=A_LV_supertune  upgrade=[TRUE]
 global script map: set: key=A_LV_supertune, class=Moveable Ship, race=Player, script='add.speed.rudder', prio=0
this affects all player ships, you can change the moveable ship option to m2/3/4 ect but it's a global enable/disable command which cant be set to a single ship

If you define a single ship ingame it will also not save the script
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 01:01

LV,

I just installed your scripts. Is the supertune the same as "add.speed.rudder"? If not I dont see the supertune.

Temmujin
x2

Post by Temmujin » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 01:04

Temmujin wrote:LV,

I just installed your scripts. Is the supertune the same as "add.speed.rudder"? If not I dont see the supertune.
Ignore the last message, I am blind or something

Hopeless
x3

Post by Hopeless » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 04:54

urmm... I downloaded the cheating script available in the first post to try and score myself a Pirate Nova Raider ( as I am unable to normally find one ingame ) but the one I spawn using the Create Ship command is all wrong. The speed is ludicrous, and so is the turning speed. It acts more like a scout ship than an M3. Am I doing something wrong or is the script designed to spawn them that way? And how can I get myself a normal Pirate Nova Raider using that script?

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 12:22

Hopeless wrote:urmm... I downloaded the cheating script available in the first post to try and score myself a Pirate Nova Raider ( as I am unable to normally find one ingame ) but the one I spawn using the Create Ship command is all wrong. The speed is ludicrous, and so is the turning speed. It acts more like a scout ship than an M3. Am I doing something wrong or is the script designed to spawn them that way? And how can I get myself a normal Pirate Nova Raider using that script?
IIRC correctly when you spawn a ship the script will ask you various info, ship type, owner race, etc; one thing you will be asked is if you want to supertune the ship, you must answer 0 or the ship and handling will be greatly improved, if instead you answer 0 you get a normal ship.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”