[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

godzillachilla
x3tc

Post by godzillachilla » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 13:46

pja wrote:Well my invisible ships would seem to be linked with a savegame issue since if I start a new one, or load my old vannilla save, they are perfectly visible.
I also loaded an old 1.3 savegame without any X-Mod ships in it but I still can´t see a Vulcan. So it must be another problem.

Only if I start a complete new game I can see the Vulcan and also the Advari!

Can you help me/us in that matter X-Mod team?

Edit://

I now also tried the following:

1. Deinstalled .6/.6b
2. Loaded an old 1.3 savegame
3. Jumped into an Unknown Sector with a Nova and saved
4. Installed .6, .6b & TShips update
5. Loaded savegame out of 3.

Again no Advari or Vulcan visible! But that should have worked! What shall I do else????? I will not start a whole new game to see some ships!

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 14:45

@Nightmariner

That is normal for ANY shipyard. They have a random chance of ships being sold with Minimal, Medium or Maximum equipment load outs. Going away and coming back later can change this.

I'm unsure if having ships/objects in the system with the SY will prevent it from changing though.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 17:23

@ Nightmariner > Js5 outlined that for me ;)
---------------
@ Godzillachilla > Afaik an Egosoft v1.3 save game would not be compatible with the mod
[i would suggest loding this game Without the mod installed save exit, install]

the invisible ship issue appears to be completely random to who is affected by it

I do not have invisible ship Issues, nor does Moko i believe
occassionally i will have a texture transparency issue

Which happens to be random aswell and also dependant on certain Sectors lighting

So i cannot really help you

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 18:24

I don't have any problems neither , but I had started a new game. The only time I had issues , was when I loaded the corrupt Tships.

woko
x3

Post by woko » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 19:36

I wish there was a version that didn't add that engine trail (or atleast made it A LOT shorter) and that didn't mess with the fireing speed of guns and the amount of power they use.

pja
x4

Post by pja » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 22:37

-Stevioo:
@ Godzillachilla > Afaik an Egosoft v1.3 save game would not be compatible with the mod
Odd, as an experiment I loaded up a 1.2 save game into 0.6b with no problems at all, didn't even bother with the go to an empty sector bit. Though afterwards I did go back to do as you suggest. Just had enough resources to scrape together a Vidar, which is fast becoming my favourite Xtended ship. There are huge numbers of Q's invading BHS, must have killed at least 6 of them by now, core sectors seem relatively quiet though.

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 23:34

woko wrote:I wish there was a version that didn't add that engine trail (or atleast made it A LOT shorter) and that didn't mess with the fireing speed of guns and the amount of power they use.

I think the lasers and amout of power they use is fine. I just dont like the thruster trails maybe could be better if they were lighly colored. Other than that this mod is great I don't have invisable ships but when I try to use the cheat to put them in they are invisable also Terran are enemies aren't they friendlies. I'm wondering were can you get that freghter from you know the one Dogan uses.

happyshaggy
x3

im having trouble installing the XTENDED mod

Post by happyshaggy » Sat, 19. Aug 06, 23:46

it wont install its downloaded but wont install onto my comp
FRACK YOU!!!!

DarkWrath

Post by DarkWrath » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 00:00

If you would give us more details it would be easier for now to help you. And please post X-tended problems on the Xtended topic. :)
- Could a moderator move it to the coresponding topic pls?-

Silvar
x3

help with Xtended mod needed.

Post by Silvar » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 03:39

I think I have done what is needed but when I go into a saved game to start X3 I get a pop up type of message that is from the Xtended mod team saying it does not see the cat/dat Xtended mods files. I have used Cycrows mod installer and extracted the files but keep getting the same mssg. also used the Xtended mod patch.

any help wopuld be welcome.

Thanks

Calebharrington
x3

Xtended Manual Glitch?

Post by Calebharrington » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 04:26

Whenever I load the Xtended mod manual site it glitches for me. Can someone please post how to do that on the forums? (The site totally screws up and I cant read text only can see little boxes)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 04:58

you need to make sure you select the mod in the "Select mod package" option on the x3 startup screen

-XTM-
x3

Re: Xtended Manual Glitch?

Post by -XTM- » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 05:14

Calebharrington wrote:Whenever I load the Xtended mod manual site it glitches for me. Can someone please post how to do that on the forums? (The site totally screws up and I cant read text only can see little boxes)
with our recent forum upgrades some of the links on the front page were broken and took you to a messed up version of the forum, they have now been fixed

godzillachilla
x3tc

Post by godzillachilla » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 13:35

Stevio wrote:@ Godzillachilla > Afaik an Egosoft v1.3 save game would not be compatible with the mod
It didn´t work also with an 1.4 savegame! I did the same as mention with the 1.3 savegame:

1. Deinstalled .6/.6b
2. Loaded an old 1.4 savegame
3. Jumped into an Unknown Sector with a Nova and saved
4. Installed .6, .6b & TShips update
5. Loaded savegame out of 3.

And this procedure should have worked, didn´t it?! I can´t understand why this happens with all my savegames but on the other side works if I start a complete new game. Weird!

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 16:10

Concerning the Missile Cannon.

Would it be possible to have a Missileship that has missile chambers like the ones on Submarines today.
http://www.subart.net/los_angeles_class.jpg

So each Missile is fired of a seperate chamber.
Those missiles are of course Hammerhead missiles or such.

Like the Cruise missile.

In addition it would be great if those missiles could be steared directly.

One more thing. The rocketcam seems to be behind the rockets and missiles, this causes a bad view, is it possible to change the cam so that the campoint is in front of the objekt instead of behind?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:02

I think in order for there to be a missile chanber, you'd have to use a missile cannon submerged into the hull of the ship with the end of the tube above the surface of the ship, on whatever angle its supposed to face. It wouldn't be a turret base, so it wouldn't rotate abnormally. So missiles would fire out properly.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

olivina
x3

X-tended readtext 7212-16

Post by olivina » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:39

i have patch 0.6b installed... italianx files too ........
maruader pirate are invisible -_-

i just dowwnloaded files from the mod site and patched.. it was my first mod so no problems.. i installed directenly 0.6b.. not using 0.6a obviuosly...
i tryed mod check and it says i'm using xtended 0.6a (that i never used before) and i miss files on setup -,-

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:46

Sounds great.

This way it would be possible to launch a barrage of missiles and the graphic
effect should be extrodinary.

Those Missile Destroyers could lead a Battle from a distance and could overcome the enemys defence because the missiles would come from different angles at the same time.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:52

olivina, do you mean you are having problems installing and running the mod, or do you mean the core protection just views it as 0.6a?

If the first, then I'd suggest redoing the install process again, even redownloading the files.

If the second, then don't worry about it for now.

olivina
x3

Post by olivina » Sun, 20. Aug 06, 18:55

no i an play quite godd right now except for invisible marauder... uhm not really invisible but too small to hit.... is amazing eheh i killed one takung like 10min from a distance of less then 30meters -_-
the mod work good except for this error message readtext 7212-16 and in check mode it say missing something on setup :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”