[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 00:10

Mad Hatter wrote:
zaider wrote:I was just following the squad leader to the red light gate and out of nowhere my ship exploded...
Since installing 6b, I have been run over twice while entering a sector. As soon as I jump in, I'm run over by a capital ship and explode. I'm not sure what hit me the first time, but it was a Cerberus the second time.

I don't know if its just bad luck or what, but I've never been run over before...
There's a lot more big ships patrolling now than before. The mod adds a bunch of "wolf packs" of big and small ships patrolling sectors. You don't see that in most places in the vanilla game. And they seem to hang right around the gates. So be careful as you enter and be ready to take evasive action after coming through. :D

This is actually good and bad. It's good because it brings in an element that the individual races actually CARE about keeping their sectors clean of nasties (in the vanilla game, pirates, Khaak and Xenon have full freedom to come in and blow things up without anyone chasing after them to stop the carnage).

It's bad if your one of the people they don't like, or if you are flying through gates and appear in a cluster of 10 or so ships all huddled together on the other side.

pja
x4

Post by pja » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 01:15

True, there are a lot more big ships luking near gates now, I have had a lot of collisions and near misses. Since I have more credits than sense in this game I tend to use Terran ships for the point to point jump ability now.
I also had a ship just explode on me the other day, but as I was playing chicken with a Q in a MM6 at the time, I figured it just hit me with a high yield missile.

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 12:35

Yeah, I've had some odd things happen around gates. I'm sure there is supposed to be a traffic light system in place. Would make it a lot easier.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 13:32

It sure is fun to park your Capital ship in front of a gate and watch the incoming freighters (doing over 200 some times) fly smack into you and listen to thier screams, especially the boron....aaahhh --smack-- :twisted:

zaider

Post by zaider » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 15:27

Yeah maybe it was that, a big ship coming out of the gate while I was there< I coudln't see what happened because I was reading a book heh, kinda left the AI in charge after the Khaak killing, and the trails are actually not that bad, but it concerns me that the mod increased the ammount of ships present at the sectors, my performance was allready not that good, well I'll have to experiment witj it a little more, thanks for the help.

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 15:33

@zaider > Actually there are approx 2500 less ships in the universe in Xtended due to cutting back rather drammatically on -annoying- taxi's and all the other stuff like goner preachers etc. you'll never notice but when you occassionaly crash into one. In sector performance should be equal to the stock game and -due to substantial weapons&effects modding/improving- on average even slightly better.

The upcoming .6C core-mod (inbetween patch/fix release without new features) will contain even a bigger nr of fps-increasing tweaks and fixes.

ORIOLE
x2

Post by ORIOLE » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 15:45

...oriole jumping up and down with hand in the air, finally asks... "When can I have the Xtended 0.6c mod..".. but sits down abruptly as XTM slowly turns his head, his left hand instinctively searching for a blunt object..

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 19:42

Jakesnake5 thuds ORIOLE with an old PS/2. :twisted:
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

icedude94
x3

found a bug

Post by icedude94 » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 21:38

I was traveling along setting up satellites and I saw that a ship didn't have a name in the sector map. It's icon was that of a TS and when I checked the ship info, it said that it was a goner mover. Here are screenshots of the bugged ship. If you want a saved game just PM me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/i ... gship2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/i ... ugship.jpg

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Thu, 24. Aug 06, 22:06

@icedude94 > Thats a known issue and not realy a bug. Due to some changes in ship ID's some goner vessels now miss out on their name-tags.
Once such a vessel docks it will be taken out of the game.
Ofcourse there are considerably faster methods to lend a hand at that. (if your rep with the Goners can stand it;-) )

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 03:53

attacking pacifists? thats hardly fair, although some of the new ships have taken a slightly more...defensive stance :wink:

Marine
x3

The Xtended Mod

Post by Marine » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 04:28

What does it do?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 04:35

Read the thread for it in the scripting and modding forum. Everything is in that one thread. You will find a link in the list sticky thread.

Diagger

Post by Diagger » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 06:07

I have just taken over Dukes Vision in Parinid space. But they won't stop attacking! A continual flow of Deimos' is coming through the gates! Is this XTM mod related because I was hoping they would just be little raiding parties and an M7 every once and awhile.

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 06:18

considering that its an xtm ship, of course its xtm related :P
cant expect races to give up their sector's easily can you? patrols were increased to protect you from the increased baddies, but if you become one of the baddies, well, just means you need a good fleet before attempting sector conquests :wink:

Diagger

Post by Diagger » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 07:58

All captured now, just the lag from the everlasting ships. I gonna let it go OOS and install a circle of lasertowers arounf the gates :) . And get some OWP out there.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 08:25

Diagger wrote:All captured now, just the lag from the everlasting ships. I gonna let it go OOS and install a circle of lasertowers arounf the gates :) . And get some OWP out there.
Little detail... If you've captured all the Paranid sectors, what do you do if you want to buy Paranid factories or ships? :o

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 09:24

jumbled wrote:
Diagger wrote:All captured now, just the lag from the everlasting ships. I gonna let it go OOS and install a circle of lasertowers arounf the gates :) . And get some OWP out there.
Little detail... If you've captured all the Paranid sectors, what do you do if you want to buy Paranid factories or ships? :o
Use stevio's shipyard ? :wink:
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Diagger

Post by Diagger » Fri, 25. Aug 06, 20:17

I mean the sector is all captured. Time to go get my relations up with the Parinid so I don't have to babysit the sector.

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Sat, 26. Aug 06, 00:10

if you aren't constantly killing the paranid they will reclaim their sector though, unless are you using the sector takeover script? if that's the case i have no idea, good luck trying to get back up in standing from killing a bunch of deimos :wink:

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”