[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mani_
x2

Post by Mani_ » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:44

danielhumphries50

Maybe you have not installed the script pack designed for the Xtended ...
Check the main download page.
http://forum.xudb.pl/index.php - ciekawskich zapraszam

danielhumphries50
x3

xtm help

Post by danielhumphries50 » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:47

why doesnt the things added by the mod have names or do i need emp for it
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:47

didnt know there was one
damn that post was as good as that girl last night god she can move her body shame is she was a twisted lady ouch :->

very funny vid

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:48

To the sound of it, you have not installed the script pack correctly, or are you using any other script ?? Try reinstalling the script pack, and see if that helps.

And why not posting in the XTM thread itself ??
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:54

ok I've done what needed to be done but my problem now is that I can't jump to other sectors like Argon Prime... first time I tried it the game stoped and it came up with the message "File not found"

I moved the .cat and .dat files to the X3 Reunion folder copied the soundtrack into the folder as well and have the script pack up and running as well.

What on earth is going on?
Last edited by MoonHeadJohn on Thu, 31. May 07, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
SNAKES ON A PLANE FTW!!!!

danielhumphries50
x3

Post by danielhumphries50 » Thu, 31. May 07, 13:54

because no one was answering me

very funny vid

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:03

MoonHeadJohn wrote:ok I've done what needed to be done but my problem now is that I can't jump to other sectors like Argon Prime... first time I tried it the game stoped and it came up with the message "File not found"

I moved the .cat and .dat files to the X3 Reunion folder copied the soundtrack into the folder as well and have the script pack up and running as well.

What on earth is going on?

You might have been one of the unlucky ones that got a premature end to your down load. You might try downloading it again and see if that helps.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:09

Would it be best to use bittorrent to get the FULL download this time?

Also is it possible to use old save files on X3 to play the Xtened mod?

Mani_
x2

Post by Mani_ » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:11

danielhumphries50

You did a good work to SPAM this topic ... 5 messages and nearly one under another.

Maybe for the non-wise people I suggest to put instructions of installation the Mod in the fisrt page, post in this topic, and also RESIZE instructions on the main download page. e.g 60 font would be much more easier to read and maybe in the future less people would ask silly questions ... :/

But to be more serious it is recommended to put instructions also in the first thread of this topic.

Greets

/EDIT
Answer to the one above.

No, the saves from normal X3 installation will not work with extended, you hae to start from the very beginning.
BitTorrent, I don't know if this is the best way of getting Mod. I downloaded MOD yesterday in the morning from the FTP mirrors, and I had maximum download bandwhith.
Downloading Mod in the day is not so efficient as downloading it by night or in the morning.
http://forum.xudb.pl/index.php - ciekawskich zapraszam

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:15

danielhumphries50 wrote:because no one was answering me
Just because no answered your question immediately doesn't mean they won't answer your question at all ?? you must know that not every one visit this site all the time to answers a few questions, due with other time line at all, you just have to have a little patience that's all.
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Thu, 31. May 07, 14:21

MoonHeadJohn wrote:Would it be best to use bittorrent to get the FULL download this time?

Also is it possible to use old save files on X3 to play the Xtened mod?
I don't know that bittorrent will make sure you get the entire file.. I used the .7.rar one and got it all on the second try.

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:03

Runned into a small bug with the Argon trade station:

While i was in autopilot for docking i accidentally disengaged it, and i awaited a sudden and certain death (or a BBS message about a rookie who crushed again :oops: )...But i just went through the texture and floated around in the middle of the station, then i turned back and docked like nothing happened.

PS:Love the soundtrack...

oRICa
x4

Post by oRICa » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:08

I have a plotgame and the balagimission finish.
The M7 ship (Hyperion) from Bala Gi docks in Kingsdale Shipyard in M3/4/5 hangar :wink: have a Sound bam rums

Terracorp Shipyard have the same Position with Original Terracorp Station
in Sector Home of Light ,have you a Fix for this ?

The shipyard have no Shields and Amor. Other shipyards (not the Raceshipyards) same Problem -->Otas in Sector Akeelas..

The Xtm mod 0,7 have a Fix" set SY to fix position" can help this?

SORRY for my bad English its not my Home language
:D :D

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:10

Owkay, I seem to have compatibility issues with Assasins guild script by Cycrow and XTM 0.7 - upon doing Guild missions, I get no reward after killing target, no experience, no incoming message. The targets seem to use the correct shiptypes, but no comm. is established when I shoot them (no "Aaaaarghh" scream upon death, no warnings..).

Can anyone confirm this issue?

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:22

I'm still having problems installing it... Just to be sure I uninstalled X3, installed it once again, downloaded the updates, then the bonus pack, downloaded the 0.7a.rar file again to make sure that it was fully downloaded, tried extracting the 10.dat/.cat files to my X3 reunion folder but know it won't because it says that its almost full :evil:
I renamed the two files o 11.dat and 11.cat because of a couple of files already named 10

I have the script as well installed and ready (that wasn't any trouble at all) and last time I extracted the files and everything I could load up a saved game but THEN couldn't jump to argon prime without coming out of the game and a window pop up and say "File not found"

Could someone help me out with this...

EDIT: Just tried moving them into the 'right place' but I've still got the same problem I had before... I jump to Argon Prime or pass through a gate and the game stops with the "File not found" message AGAIN. I'm stating to think whether this is worth the trouble
Last edited by MoonHeadJohn on Thu, 31. May 07, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:24

Has anyone else noticed shield issues? I just got in a fight with a nova, scanned it said 75 meg pirate shields. So hit him with a hornet misl...solid hit...less than 20% shield damage..then hit him with a thunderbolt too..together less than 30% damage to shields. It took a long time even with 4 AHEPTs to kill him. The total shields must have been over 125 meg..using the hornet and thunderbolt as a measure. It might be a bug..thought I'd mention it. Great game, the new pirate fighters are tough, got a blastclaw from one of my favorite taladis yesterday..much better than the buster..hehe.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:39

The shielding thing is apparently a known issue, to be fixed next patch...

How can I find out what the different types of shields (Otas, Pirate, Military, etc.) do differently than regular shields?

EDIT

thought I'd also mention, I tried using the new XTM starts, but they all start me in Argon Prime with 1000 creds and a buster. O.o
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Mish

Post by Mish » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:51

MoonHeadJohn wrote: I have the script as well installed and ready (that wasn't any trouble at all) and last time I extracted the files and everything I could load up a saved game but THEN couldn't jump to argon prime without coming out of the game and a window pop up and say "File not found"

Could someone help me out with this...
You state that you're loading savegames, when did save?

XTM0.7 requires a game restart. Old savegames won't work.

MoonHeadJohn
x3

Post by MoonHeadJohn » Thu, 31. May 07, 17:57

You state that you're loading savegames, when did save?

XTM0.7 requires a game restart. Old savegames won't work.
The main one I use, I started when I first got the game. I don't believe its the save file as I tried using one of the custom games which comes with the mod. After starting it the screen started to flicker when it seemed to have finished loading. As soon as the load screen went off I could see only the radar in the corner and the game over music when you're killed. It then just simply stop and took me back to my desktop.

X-Freak Cartman
x3

Post by X-Freak Cartman » Thu, 31. May 07, 18:02

Well, while shooting around, i noticed another problem:

If my lasers hit asteroid debris, it doesn't break apart to more of them... it just disappears. I'm not sure, whether or not the XTM causes this problem, but it appeared first after uninstalling it...

I don't have any asteroid mod installed. The only mods I use are the XTM, Tubeless complex, UniTrader's HUD-Mod (adapted to XTM) and UniTrader's t-File.

Could this problem be caused by the XTended Mod, or am i just too stupid to shoot roids?

=====
<Edit>
As Profitlord told me, it does nothing have to do with the XTM.
I'll try to find an answer ;)
=====

erm... btw:
Do there really have to be those two shipyards for the Otas, Terrans and Terracorp? Why can't you run the repair/move-script on the actual Shipyard? Because of docking limitations, or don't you want the player to undock the ships?

Well, it would be enough for me, if you changed the icon and reduce the size of the model-less object, so the player doesn't notice it every time he looks at the map or he looks at it IS.

erm... btw: Thx for the mod, but 17.000 Ships are too much for some systems ;)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”