[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FlyingBarMitzvah

Mod installation...

Post by FlyingBarMitzvah » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 17:19

I downloaded the XTended mod the other day, and I can't figure out how to install it, despite the manual. I have the stupid plugin manager right here, and I installed the script, but for some reason, when I go to install the mod file itself, I'm screwed, I can't get it to do anything because it won't even SEE the mod file. Help?

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 17:30

Since the xtended site wont send me an activation email for my login (Misinformed) I'll post some various bugs here with the vain hope that they may be looked at.

Edit: shouldn't have bothered.
Last edited by Misinformed on Fri, 8. Jun 07, 01:09, edited 1 time in total.

BlackRazor
x4

Re: Mod installation...

Post by BlackRazor » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 19:33

FlyingBarMitzvah wrote:I downloaded the XTended mod the other day, and I can't figure out how to install it, despite the manual. I have the stupid plugin manager right here, and I installed the script, but for some reason, when I go to install the mod file itself, I'm screwed, I can't get it to do anything because it won't even SEE the mod file. Help?
Instructions can be found on the XTended Mod site, or if you are really lazy just click here :wink: :D
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

aXeldk
x3tc

Post by aXeldk » Wed, 6. Jun 07, 22:53

My games becomes heavily lagging and unable to load the save games.. even after 4 hours of playing...

Whit sadness in my heart that I must uninstall all scripts and mods.. :shock:
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

Mish

Post by Mish » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 00:04

Misinformed wrote:Since the xtended site wont send me an activation email for my login (Misinformed).....
Have you looked through your spambox? It might have ended up there by accident.

Otherwise please register again under a different name. If that works I'll change the name and delete the old account.

matches
x3

Post by matches » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 00:25

aXeldk wrote:My games becomes heavily lagging and unable to load the save games.. even after 4 hours of playing...

Whit sadness in my heart that I must uninstall all scripts and mods.. :shock:
Right there with you.....my aging PC suddenly decided to lag at about 10 FPS when I accidently activated the plot. So I too, with sadness in my heart, have to put this on the back burner. Its a shame-- waited sooooo long only to be skunked by my crappy OS :shock:

on the other hand, by the time I can afford a new computer, all the known bugs will be sorted, and it'll be like playing a whole new game again. :wink:
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with matches?"

Realspace Backgrounds http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=180848

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 00:27

Mish wrote:
Misinformed wrote:Since the xtended site wont send me an activation email for my login (Misinformed).....
Have you looked through your spambox? It might have ended up there by accident.
Yea its not there. Re-reg requires a new email account, anyway the info is up , ctrl + c.

FlyingBarMitzvah

Post by FlyingBarMitzvah » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 01:09

I figured as much, but with a game like X3, you never know :roll:

fatrick
x4

Post by fatrick » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 02:56

I tried searching the post here, and was unable to find this. Also, the official forums for the mod won't give me a confirmation screen to complete registration (checked in IE and Firefox), so here we go:

Getting a random crash to a black screen when moving between sectors or loading save games.

It is completely random as far as I can tell, it can happen a few minutes into a game, or a few hours.

Monitoring it through Task Manager shows that CPU usage drops to 0, when normally it's at around 50%

This happened with a Vanilla Steam install and the mod, as well as with the following scripts installed:

LV's Cheats (I wanted to start fresh with some of my old equipment :p)
Community Extended Mod Pack.
Xtended Mod 0.71b

Running XP SP2
Intel Core 2 Duo 6600
2 Gigs RAM
Geforce 7600 GT

All graphics settings turned to Highest, 1680x1050.

I checked on the message board, and that people were getting a similar crash with "File Not Found" errors. I'm not seeing a "File Not Found" error message, mostly because of the black screen, so I can't confirm if that's the same error I'm seeing.

theogn8219
x3

Engine Trail from Xtended MOD

Post by theogn8219 » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 03:23

Hi guys, is there a way to install just the Engine Trail modification from Xtended MOD to vanilla game? Please help. Thanks in advance.

-XTM-: Merged into main Xtended Mod topic.

Aragon Speed
x4

Post by Aragon Speed » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 04:36

@fatrick: The EMP is already in Xtended. Having another version installed may be causing conflicts.

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 06:27

found two bugs..

first, in Nopileos' Memorial I found a split caimen superfreighter that appeared only visually. I couldn't target it, it didn't show up on my map, and I could fly through it.

Nearby, and possibly related, I found an invisible pirate shipyard. I think the shipyard may have spawned too close to the planet, because it was taking minor shield damage.

fatrick
x4

Post by fatrick » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 06:33

Aragon Speed wrote:@fatrick: The EMP is already in Xtended. Having another version installed may be causing conflicts.
The crashing problem happened before the EMP was installed, so I am highly doubtful that it will fix it. I have now removed it on your recommendation.

Syndrome
x3tc

Post by Syndrome » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 08:47

Syndrome wrote:@Aragon Speed Thanks for your answer :wink:
Star_Raider15 wrote:@syndrome
Spoiler
Show
check the sector descriptions of the sectors around moo-kye, its a former boron sector, now another race owns it :wink:
hope it helps :D
Thanks for that. It kinda set me off in the right direction. But I've come a little further and man is this bit hard.......or is it?
Spoiler
Show
I have to find this guy in his ship called Gladiator. He was having a meeting with a pirate leader but they don't even give me clue where he is! Either the XTM team are massively overestimating the player or I am a stupid idiot. The latter is more probable. So far I've visited Mines of Kaderak, Velvet Tears, Fading Echoes, and Cyclone's Fury looking for this "Gladiator" ship. Surely all is not as it seems :shock:
This is rediculous! :evil:

I've checked almost every Pirate sector in the Universe and I have found no ship called "Gladiator"!!!! If I find out that it's not in a pirate sector then that'll just give me more headaches looking through every normal sector. I think it's pretty clear now that I am an idiot, but does someone out there have enough mercy to help an idiot.........................please :)

Mokonzi
x3tc

Post by Mokonzi » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 09:43

You might get a wider base of help if you post in the X Universe Forums, more are about and monitoring it that here.

I'd suggest you keep looking, you'll find it eventually. Remember to check the areas outside the immediate in sector map, sometimes ships stray that far out.

Player.
x3tc

Post by Player. » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 11:29

We would really appreciate it if all technical issues are asked on the forums of The X Universe, much of the time of the devs is spent on working on a patch as well as answering and helping with technical issues reported on our forum, jumping here all the time is time consuming and sometimes brings nothing when we answer the same questions again and again.

Gameplay related questions and discussions can be done here, since anyone who plays Xtended can answer or help in that area :wink:

Thank you :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=183585 - X2 The Threat High Definition Mod - You know you wanna :)

aXeldk
x3tc

Post by aXeldk » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 12:55

I just wonder why the save games go high in size when you are using mods and then eventually become too much for the PC to run?

Sounds like a really big issue that the devs ought to fix... or the Modmakers if possible?
Life is difficult for the marine stored in the hold of an unaware player

Mani_
x2

Post by Mani_ » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 13:22

:o :o

You are trying to play your previous savegames from the normal X3 ? :|

GRatz, it would not work properly.

Also Xtended is a really HUGE mod, and now for me, it is not so wondering, why FPS went down after Xtended isntallation :/
http://forum.xudb.pl/index.php - ciekawskich zapraszam

caZper
x4

Post by caZper » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 14:14

Is there an ETA for the translations available?

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Thu, 7. Jun 07, 14:15

I am running ALL Cycrows scripts through this mod....

I have joined some Guilds.... and not HAD ANY ISSUES YET.

How and what would I need to look for if some scripts do cause an issue ?, how do I know the MOD/contents of the mod isnt working due to a script.

Thanks.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”