[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 18:46

ok now this is turning into an XTM support case, and will probably be moved.

however, browse to the mods directory and see if any subdirectories got created in there. you may see that under mods there's now another x3 folder with sub folders named mods and t which you just copy and paste into the root x3 directory. this happened to me.

Alzara
x3

Problem

Post by Alzara » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 19:27

I have experienced similar problems. The update to 0.72 doesn't solve all of the invisible ships. I have still encountered Khaak that have only gun ports (which are very hard to hit).

Also can anyone at all tell me how to correct the docking problem with the Boron Whale (or if there is a planned fix for it)?

Also, does anyone know what the yaki engine boost does, and does the AI use it?

Thanks

Al

zebbydog1

Post by zebbydog1 » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 19:28

Following the path you specified clicking open on the mod folder does nothing but a right click reveals the rar file along with concept art,dummy and 3 files starting ITS_ARG_CP_MOD.Do I need to remove any of these files? right clicking the rar file and install results in the message "unable to open script"

nick the bubble
x3

Post by nick the bubble » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 19:35

copy all the extracted files into the x3 directory, after renaming any files numbered 10, 11. Then press yes to all the 'write over...' stuff. This is all after installing the 0.72 script with cycrows installer. The instructions you download from the x universe site do not correspond to the files you download from there.

zebbydog1

Post by zebbydog1 » Fri, 20. Jul 07, 20:05

nick the bubble wrote:copy all the extracted files into the x3 directory, after renaming any files numbered 10, 11. Then press yes to all the 'write over...' stuff. This is all after installing the 0.72 script with cycrows installer. The instructions you download from the x universe site do not correspond to the files you download from there.
But how do I do this when I cant open the package?

Snoozer

Post by Snoozer » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 00:38

I'm still searching for the XTM 0.7.1 script file :(.

Can't play without 'm because of the damned savegame corruption "bug":(.
Maybe getting all my owned ships,money,notoriety,... to a new game would fix my problem to (but I don't know how to do this).

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 01:48

Snoozer
I still had the older 7.1b scripts file, but I'm wondering if your savegame will still be corrupt anyway
http://www.Exogenesis.co.uk/XtendedModS ... 5.2007.spk

philip_hughes
x3tc

XTM Custodian: Awesome ship but....

Post by philip_hughes » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 14:22

Just saved enough for my first pocket battleship.

Picked the Otas Custodian because I like flak and have had a few run ins with pirate novas with otas shields. Overall, I would like to say that I am really impressed! I cleared a Xenon sector in about 4 hours or so, it managed the k's and j's well with significant lag and once I had trashed a few ships and the lag stopped it showed its true colours. If you made a mistake or two, you could still die fast but you also could really do well with a bit of skill. All in all one of the most entertaining ships I have ever used.

BUT:

It says it can dock one ship. It cannot. Tried several classes but none will dock with it :(

It cannot pick up Gppc's or Bppc's despite its huge cargoe space. Is this a bug or something that was deliberate?

I'd appreciate someone either addressing these issues or giving me a reason why its like this. Many thanks, Phil.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 14:24

This is XTM related. Post it in the XTM post. Not here.
Please read the rules for posting i this forum.

x0ne
x3tc

Post by x0ne » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 15:04

Let's try to be slightly more helpful shall we? :D

That XTM post can be found here, Phill:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=117990

You may also want to check TXU forums or post your question there:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/index.php

FYI there are ship stats available for XTM, if this is where you've got your info about the Custodian from, please be aware that they're not 100% accurate at present! :wink:

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 15:12

Yeah, sorry if i came over as a bit rude and obnoxious. Sorry.

x0ne
x3tc

Re: XTM Custodian: Awesome ship but....

Post by x0ne » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 15:14

philip_hughes wrote:It says it can dock one ship. It cannot. Tried several classes but none will dock with it :(
1 x M6 according to the stats.

Snoozer

Post by Snoozer » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 15:28

Yeah thnx, already found them :p.

I also fixed the corrupt savegame "bug", it seemed that by uninstalling the XTM 0.71b script also deleted my XTM cat/dat file. I downloaded it again and now it also works with the 0.7.2 script file :).

thnx for the help :)

zebbydog1

Post by zebbydog1 » Sat, 21. Jul 07, 18:13

YES after very nearly giving it up as a bad job (spent nearly all yesterday trying to install xtended) thought i would give it one more go.I downloaded winrar to my x3 folder them extracted the mod files then drag and drop onto the mod folder . I was shocked when I started the game and it said welcome to extended. The damn thing works :lol: Now to go look for some goodies.I take it that the free ships and crates are still out there and the pandora thingy's.Thanks for the help folks it was very frustrating but got there in the end

LordArconius
x3

Post by LordArconius » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 00:15

Hello All

I started a new game as an Economic Enthusiast but would like to take a look at the others but I go into Custom Game and Xtended is not there. Any idea why? Please help!

SilverDragonLord
x4

Spoiler help, XTM

Post by SilverDragonLord » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 01:31

i was just told in game by a npc that the Otas Headquarters was in akeela's beacon but i cant find it, it also said it was at X: -179751 Y:41058 Z:-197991 that would take forever to get to so im not sure whats goin on with it can anyone tell me how to get there?

Nec_V20
x3

Post by Nec_V20 » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 02:03

SilverDragonLord,

the Otas HQ is "way down south" and it will take you forever to get there (or at least it will feel like it). It is at
Spoiler
Show
-191 km 36.3 km and -230 km in Akeena's Beacon

DO NOT land at the Otas HQ shipyard. If you do, then the only menu you will be able to access is the one reached through the Esc key.

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 02:06

thx for the help

Corvis Corax

Extended mod Issue

Post by Corvis Corax » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 03:30

I dropped the cat and dat files into the mod folder and I also installed the scripts, but for some reason when I enter my game I am told that the mod files cant be detected? This is for the XTM f.y.i

What can I do to solve this dilemma?
Life is just one damn thing after another.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 03:40

Are you loading up original saves?
Note: you must start a new game when you use a new mod.
Are you sure the mod folder is named properly?
Finally if all else fails try and re-download the XTM mod.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”