[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SilverDragonLord
x4

Spoiler help, XTM

Post by SilverDragonLord » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 01:31

i was just told in game by a npc that the Otas Headquarters was in akeela's beacon but i cant find it, it also said it was at X: -179751 Y:41058 Z:-197991 that would take forever to get to so im not sure whats goin on with it can anyone tell me how to get there?

Nec_V20
x3

Post by Nec_V20 » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 02:03

SilverDragonLord,

the Otas HQ is "way down south" and it will take you forever to get there (or at least it will feel like it). It is at
Spoiler
Show
-191 km 36.3 km and -230 km in Akeena's Beacon

DO NOT land at the Otas HQ shipyard. If you do, then the only menu you will be able to access is the one reached through the Esc key.

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 02:06

thx for the help

Corvis Corax

Extended mod Issue

Post by Corvis Corax » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 03:30

I dropped the cat and dat files into the mod folder and I also installed the scripts, but for some reason when I enter my game I am told that the mod files cant be detected? This is for the XTM f.y.i

What can I do to solve this dilemma?
Life is just one damn thing after another.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 03:40

Are you loading up original saves?
Note: you must start a new game when you use a new mod.
Are you sure the mod folder is named properly?
Finally if all else fails try and re-download the XTM mod.

Christie
x3

Post by Christie » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 05:10

don't put the mod files in the mod folder but in the main X3 directory along with the other .cat/.dat files :)

Corvis Corax

Post by Corvis Corax » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 05:26

will do!
Life is just one damn thing after another.

pjknibbs
x4

Re: XTM Custodian: Awesome ship but....

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 08:02

philip_hughes wrote: It cannot pick up Gppc's or Bppc's despite its huge cargoe space. Is this a bug or something that was deliberate?
If you check it out, I think you'll find the Custodian can only carry L size cargo, which is why you can't pick up larger PPCs. The thing is, that ship is not designed to stand alone--it's a shield frigate, which is designed to instantly recharge other ship's shields (which explains why it has so few guns for such a large ship--it's meant to operate as part of a fleet!).

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 08:03

NEC's coordinates are incorrect because the Otas HQ is in a random position in every game. You've already been given the coordinates for its location in YOUR game, but bear in mind those coordinates are listed in metres--you need to divide by 1000 to get kilometres.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Re: XTM Custodian: Awesome ship but....

Post by philip_hughes » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 09:15

pjknibbs wrote:
philip_hughes wrote: It cannot pick up Gppc's or Bppc's despite its huge cargoe space. Is this a bug or something that was deliberate?
If you check it out, I think you'll find the Custodian can only carry L size cargo, which is why you can't pick up larger PPCs. The thing is, that ship is not designed to stand alone--it's a shield frigate, which is designed to instantly recharge other ship's shields (which explains why it has so few guns for such a large ship--it's meant to operate as part of a fleet!).
Yeah... thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, it DOES stand alone - and very well. So much so that its worth putting up with these little oddeties.

Im going to try docking it with an m6 as instructed... I think the reaper would be an excellent choice.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 09:51

idk about random but it was exactly where he said it was

Ricochet J

Okay, what the hell just happened? (Spoilers)

Post by Ricochet J » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 21:01

Spoiler
Show
Right! Where do I begin? I have XTended Installed and was doing the Bala Gi Missions. I'm up to the point where they tell me to retrieve the Yacht Prototype M7. So I go on my merry way to the unknown sector (through Maelstrom which has shed loads of pirates in it now courtesy of Xtended!). When I get to the unknown sector I thought it was just a matter of claiming the Nemesis, claiming the abandoned Nova and towing the Yacht, right?

But no.

Upon entering the system i'm presented with this huge son of a gun Xenon-like sphere! What the hell is it? I fired on it! No result. I went in it, it's got some revolving thing too fast for my ship to enter! It looks well scary! What the hell is it!

And another question, I searched everywhere for the abandoned Nova and I can't find it! Anyone shed some light on this please!
It was an interesting flying experience! :D

modo77
x4

Post by modo77 » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 21:25

Spoiler
Show
The Nova is gone to make room for the Dyson Sphere, and check the BBS for something from a taladi about a ship in maelstrom. That will kick off the missions for the Dyson Sphere. Enjoy

Ricochet J

Post by Ricochet J » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 21:33

Jesse! It just hit me how big XTended was! I didn't even know there were
Spoiler
Show
extra missions to do with this "Dyson Sphere!"
Thanks! I think i'll finish the Bala Gi missions first though ;)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 22:00

You're still running 0.7a of XTM, by the sounds. 0.7.2 moved the sphere elsewhere.

Anyway, moving this over to the XTM topic...

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Sun, 22. Jul 07, 22:42

pjknibbs wrote:You're still running 0.7a of XTM, by the sounds. 0.7.2 moved the sphere elsewhere.

Anyway, moving this over to the XTM topic...
Actually, the Dyson Sphere is still in that sector in 0.72 as long as the game was started under 0.7a. It's there in my game as well, even though I upgraded to 0.72.

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Mon, 23. Jul 07, 18:24

Spoiler
Show
what is the point of the Dyson Sphere i docked with it and there was just a few resources for sale

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Mon, 23. Jul 07, 18:40

Spoiler
Show
you must finish the plot afaik
The answer is just another question.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 07:12

Found an abandoned centaur MK1 in a xenon sector. Cannot claim it. Bug or some software needed?
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Jul 07, 07:57

You'd need something like Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software to claim anything larger than an M3, and the only ship in the game it's worth DOING that with is the P Raider you can find...the Centaur Mk I isn't worth more than the cost of the software in the first place (about 6.5 million).

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”