[UPDATE] *XTM PATCH .7.2 RELEASED!* [MOD/AL-plugin]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KipperTheFish
x3tc

Post by KipperTheFish » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:27

Lucky git.
This is the kind of stuff I would kill for!!
Pushing UT's about the Universe was getting a little dull, now with XTM we REALLY do have to think.
Pushing up the anti, I know you're gonna see me, Read 'em and weep, The deadman's hand again.

fig
x2

Post by fig » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:37

This is the kind of stuff I would kill for!!
Definitely. Sounds like fun!

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:37

Somethings not quite right... I play XTM and I have difficulties just finding a fight (Pirate/Xenon sectors are sure dangerous, but thats it)...

One thing I highly recommend, though, is getting RRF Redux 4.
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 18:58

just do the HQ mission with XTM you have lots of later on! :evil: :evil:

Star_Raider15
x3

Post by Star_Raider15 » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 19:03

froggyboy wrote:Every sector but 3 have a Xenon Q in it, almost all pirates are in 1 Argon core sector, not a single TL is alive in this game, multiple P patrols in a few key sectors, Shivan dragons hanging out in a vital choke point, 2 unknown ships; 1 in company pride and 1 in unkown sector below
when you say that every sector has a Q in it, how many sectors are you talking about? coz if you have explored jsut 6-7 sectors i believe you, but if you say that that you have explored 20-30 sectors, then you either have one of the best bugs around, or you are making this up(post screenies)
the part with 3-4 capitals come either from having RRF beta 3, or by being EXTREMELY lucky
about the TL's,... there are roughly 25 TL's in the game, 5 for each race, its impossible for them to simply vanish, even if you have such an invasion
P patrols can happen quite often
the mamba from BA is well equiped to take down a dragon
and you cant have 2 unknown ships, because there can only be 1 at a time, and this i know for sure
The answer is just another question.

froggyboy
x3tc

Post by froggyboy » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:24

I have most of the argon, teladi, and split sectors opened. I just started this BA run last night. I can't really go into boron and paranid core sectors yet.
And I do have 2 unknown ships in this run. I dock at Siezewell and get the BBS warning of an unknown ship in company pride. I jump to merchant haven and get a BBS warning of unknown ship in unknown sector and its in the unknown sector below maelstrom.
I have 2 seperate BAs saved. The other one I can go get the yatch but I don't have the resources yet to get it out to the shipyard yet.
As for the Q's. 1 in the spawn sector for BA start, 2 in hatikvah's faith, 1 in akeela's beacon, 1 in the sector above hatikvah, 2 patrolling between omnicon and the sector to the west, 1 in two worlds, 1 in PTNI, I even have 1 in home of light. 1 in menaluas, 3 Q pats flying between the 2 xenon sectors above ocean's of fantasy; ghinn's escape and the one east of it. As well as multiple P pats.
I have 3 KM destroyers hanging out in hatikvah's.
My other BA game is more evenly spaced out.
This BA I feel like I was given a fly swatter and a frisbee as a shield to go take care of a hive of killer bees.
This was the spawn setup for this BA. I have 4 hours real time on this start.
And I watched as a Q came into a sector that had 3 TLs. It was solo, no guards. It headed straight for the TLs and killed them, go back through the gate. I followed it through the gate and it wasn't on the otherside.
I have also seen the Qs just despawn.
I had one chasing and firing at me, then poof, no more Q. No objects, rocks, or other ships around. I may have gotten a buggy start but talk about a thrill ride from the start.

Aiston
x3

The terrans

Post by Aiston » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:44

just a quick question, will i ever be able to go into there space ?? without getting shot to shit... I am using the XTM mod btw

They have also came in to heretics end, and are destroying EVERYTHING they see...

Laar
x3

Post by Laar » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:50

it is possible, but don't ask me how

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:52

I see a move in your future. To the S&M Forum, joining every other thread about XTM. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:55

Have you enabled the "Add Terrans to Non-Plot Game" option
in gameplay - artificial life plugins?

EDIT:
Nanook wrote:I see a move in your future. To the S&M Forum, joining every other thread about XTM.
You've been watching "Harry Potter" too much, Trelawney
Last edited by Coventchronicle on Wed, 25. Jul 07, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

Aiston
x3

Post by Aiston » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 20:57

yeh covent, everything on :)

last time i attack about 50 terran ships with my falcon sentinel :P

Coventchronicle

Post by Coventchronicle » Wed, 25. Jul 07, 21:11

Hm... haven't got that problem in mine..., I can go to Terrans sectors once I've enabled that....

Maybe you should check the XTM forum, they have more detailed and precise explanation about this (since this is a XTM prob.)

Gareth_P
x3

Post by Gareth_P » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 00:13

I've been playing the Mod for around 24hrs now, and have noted the gorgeous graphics, the wealth of new ships, Shivan dragons and pretty new Kha'ak ships (amongst others)

However I have also spotted places selling Marines and Cyborgs and new weapon systems etc etc.

Is there a manual for all of these new features and what they do?

Please don't flame me if this is the most asked question ever, I've tried looking on here and the X Universe forum but with nearly 8000 posts in this thread alone can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Jiggaman
x3tc

Post by Jiggaman » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 00:39

Gareth_P wrote:I've been playing the Mod for around 24hrs now, and have noted the gorgeous graphics, the wealth of new ships, Shivan dragons and pretty new Kha'ak ships (amongst others)

However I have also spotted places selling Marines and Cyborgs and new weapon systems etc etc.

Is there a manual for all of these new features and what they do?

Please don't flame me if this is the most asked question ever, I've tried looking on here and the X Universe forum but with nearly 8000 posts in this thread alone can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks
The FAQs are over on the XTM Forums. But just for reference, I think it's fare to say that most of the new wares/weapon systems are for cap ships. Machine Shop repairs ships, Missle Factory either produces coventional missles so you do have to buy and trasnoport them to the cap OR is the way to produce more missles for the Paranid Heavy Missle Gun ship. Can't really remember off hand.....

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 05:55

Bug or Feature: i found a map that gave the names of the sectors and i used a cheat script 2 explore the entire universe and i noticed that many of the new sectors were un-named and were just blank, however the map that i got has names 4 these sectors. This makes it hard, by hard i meaning imposible :P , 2 identify sectors that i must go 2.

however i must say that the ships are breathtaking, especially the pirate carrack(pun intended :roll: ), and combined with a few usefull scripts results in a very enjoyable experience.

and a dumb question: how do u start the plot(s) that iv read about.
I bet you $25 that im greedier than you and ill prove it to you in 5 languages:
English: I love Money
Spanish: Amo el dinero
French: J'aime l'argent
German: Ich liebe Geld
Russian: Я люблю деньг
Now you owe me $25

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 08:04

Neither. You haven't got the mod installed properly if sectors are appearing without names, or else the script you used to reveal the map has messed something up.

Greedy_Bastard
x3

Post by Greedy_Bastard » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 18:43

Neither. You haven't got the mod installed properly if sectors are appearing without names, or else the script you used to reveal the map has messed something up.
joy... ill giv a try at re-installing it. :oops:
i just thinks its weird that some appeared with names and some didnt. and it wasnt the cheat script because i used it after i entered a new sector and it was un-named.

EDIT: :oops: X10. It seems that some of the files that i had on when i played XFP were still in the program files and not only did the refuse 2 allow XTM 2 name most of its sectors, but not all, but some XFP sectors were there. at any rate i have the sectors there now. just gotta track down a few more files and get ashley's fabs wokin which is currently not cooperating.
Last edited by Greedy_Bastard on Thu, 26. Jul 07, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.
I bet you $25 that im greedier than you and ill prove it to you in 5 languages:
English: I love Money
Spanish: Amo el dinero
French: J'aime l'argent
German: Ich liebe Geld
Russian: Я люблю деньг
Now you owe me $25

jdoggyfu80
x3ap

XTM Mod corrupted ?

Post by jdoggyfu80 » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 19:34

I installed the XTM 7.2 mod last night, and when I went to play my game, it has corrupted all of my saved files, so I loaded a new game, all the new sectors are there etc, but when you try to jump to them the game crashes, any ideas ?
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Stalin

"Find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." - Confucius

"Blood alone moves the wheels of history." - Benito Mussolini

Jon Quinn
x2

Post by Jon Quinn » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 19:38

Hey foudn same all my savegames are corrupted and i had a CTD everytime. Annoyed me so ive uninstalled everything and im in the process of reinstalling everything again. It annoyed me because i was playing the game a few hours before and didnt change anything, then suddenly everything was corrupt.

PS i started a new game with XTM.

Jon Quinn
x2

Post by Jon Quinn » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 22:26

Uninstalled X3 completly.
Redownloaded all previous scripts including Bonus Pack and XTM
Patched to 2.0.02
Reinstalled XTM, Bonus Pack, OtherScripts

Works like a charm - No saves corrupted.

Any idea what happened here? Im actually thinking its sometrhing to do with the Plugin installer. I updated it and then the saves didnt work.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”