Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AalaarDB
x3tc

Community Extended Mod Pack {EMP} v1.4 & 2.01

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 09:08

This is a community developed mod - it is not endorsed by Egosoft.

------
edit LV

When using the vanilla egosoft dat files only a hanful of free ware/equipment slots were available for us to use, (10 iirc) the EMP adds a plethora of extra free slots to the game which most scripts are now using if they involve purchasing items (Fight Command Software, Trading Computer ect). It would be prudent to install this mod by following the simple instructions below so that your not wondering why the script you just installed has added a readtext error to your command console.

All scripts that use the EMP should inform you of this in their first post.

---

Remember, whenever Egosoft releases a new patch, come here and see if there is an update!
Download the latest version here (works with X3 v1.4):
Extended Mod Pack 10kb
Extended Mod Pack Mirror Rar file : hosted by LV

X3 V2.01+ (Bala Gi) [Created by Cycrow]:
:arrow: SPK Download 1 - Rar Download 1
:arrow: SPK Download 2 - Rar Download 2
:arrow: SPK Download 3 - Rar Download 3

:?: SPK versions require the Plugin Manager to Install
:?: Rar versions require you to rename the file manually to fit in your game

TO INSTALL:
Default Installation:
Unzip the file to your main X3 directory. Be careful not to overwrite any files. If you are asked to overwrite any files, extract the zip to a temp folder. Then check in your Main X3 directory for files called 04.dat .. 05.dat and find the highest number. Rename the new files to the highest number + 1, and place them back into the main directory. This is the default method because it allows you to select another mod to run on your games.

Installing Egosoft Patches:
Install the patch like normal - this may overwrite the mod. Then follow the default instructions.

Alternative Installation:
It is also possible - but not recommended - to install this the 'normal' way. Rename the files to EMP.dat and .cat, then place inside the mods directory. When starting a game, select this mod package. This is not recommended because it excluded other mods from running, but can be helpful (see faq).

FAQ:
What is this?
This is a mod that adds command wares for other scripts to use.

Do I / Why do I need this?
If you have been linked here by another thread then yes you need this; but if you are just browsing then this mod will do nothing for you. You need this to enable certain scripts and or mods.

Why was this made?
There weren't enough command wares for scripters. Adding some meant using a mod. If all scripters and all users use this mod then there are no mod incompatibilities.

Will this mod interfere with my other mod(s)?
Probably not. Only the other mod's author can tell you. However, this mod acts as a 'false patch'. You can still run a second mod the 'usual' way.

Will this mess up my game?
Probably not. During Egosoft patches, if a certain file is changed then there may be problems, but it is unlikely that said file will change.

Will this alter my game?
Yes. Like all scripts and mods, this will make your game ***modified***. There's probably nothing wrong with this except for one thing you should be aware of. A game that does not have the script editor enabled will still be ***modified*** with this mod installed (unlike for most other mods). This can cause AL plugins and other scripts to run on savegames you didn't expect them to. Most users will not encounter this, but for those of you who want to keep one game modified and another not, this will modify the unmodified game.

Why aren't the command wares installed as equipment any more?
The fact that they ever were was a bug. There were some changes in patch 1.4 that makes this mod unable to use the wares as equipment.

What is this other file that isn't a *.cat or *.dat?
This is the plain text version of this mod. It is useful for other scripters, but can be deleted.

Community developed, not for profit.
Last edited by AalaarDB on Thu, 16. Mar 06, 10:32, edited 13 times in total.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 09:09

New ware numbers: 81 - 442

Used ware numbers:
86 - DeadlyDa
88 - LV
94 - DeadlyDa
101 - Zurechial
106 - Cycrow
111 - Cycrow
115 - Zurechial
121 - Cycrow
127 - 128 LV
130 - LV
131 - al_main
133 - al_main
134 - LV
136 - XGamer
137 - Cycrow
138 - 147: Xtended
142 - LV (Sector Taxing Software)
148 - al_main
149 - Cycrow
150 - Cycrow
151 - al_main
152-160 - Xtended
161 - LV
162 - LV (Station Purchase Software)
163 - Cycrow
167-168 - Cycrow
186 - Exodious Mod - Jakesnake
188 - Cycrow
192 - Greg_G (Ship Claim System MK1)
207 - LV
208 & 209 - LV AL Sats
213 - LV Mk3 En Upgrade
214 - Cycrow
224 - 226 - Cycrow
228 - Cycrow
251 - ChemODun
252 - Cycrow
292 - ChemODun
293 - 295 AalaarDB
296 - Xtended
309 - Cycrow
311 - Cycrow
312 - Greg_G (Law Enforcement Device MKI)
313 - Cycrow
315 - Cycrow
317 - Cycrow
335 - Cycrow
352 - Xtended
355 - 356 - Cycrow
383 - Cycrow
441 - 442 AalaarDB
Last edited by AalaarDB on Wed, 12. Apr 06, 00:18, edited 13 times in total.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 09:37

{edit.....}

G
Last edited by Red Spot on Fri, 20. Jan 06, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

EidolonsFury
x4

Post by EidolonsFury » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 10:12

I just wanted to say a Thank You, to all you guys who release scripts and mods. I was hoping to see something like this come along, as it shows focus of more of a community involvement, than only seeing towards one person's own personal wishes for the game. Even though X3 (and so far the X series) are a single player game, I see a lot of enhancement to the game, done by the scripting/modding community. Even people that I see asking questions, and not crediting themselves as much of a scripter, I've seen release some decent to good scripts, that have been helpful.

Even though I am merely a user, I very much appreciate the many things you guys do. Even for scripts and such that I choose not to use in my own game, I still appreciate them being there and the functions that they provide. I know making some of these scripts can take a while, especially ironing out bugs, or even when you have your own vision of something rather complex that you want to undertake to add a certain functionality within your own game.

I can only speak for myself here, but in my opinion, X3 wouldn't be near as enjoyable if it wasn't for the many scripts that have already been released. So this is just me, wanting to say thank you. I look forward to seeing what future things are to come.

-Eidolon
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 23:12

Used Ware numbers:

86 SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM6_1 - DeadlyDa
94 SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM14_1 - DeadlyDa

These were already in my TwareT, along with AalaarDB's 80 & 81 (since I use his Salvage Mod).

I am replacing my custom TwareT with this one...suggest others do the same.
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Tue, 10. Jan 06, 02:37, edited 2 times in total.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 9. Jan 06, 23:41

Deadly, are you sure you want this?

Code: Select all

28;0;0;0;0;82;10063;0;17;1;1;0;17;-100000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM2_1;
28;0;0;0;0;83;10073;0;14;1;1;0;14;-100000;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM3_1;
The prices for groups _1 - _16 are the same as the other wares. The prices for groups _17 and _18 can be found by multiplying the number by 28.

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 02:02

You want me or LV to sticky this? or is this still in kind of beta form?
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 02:27

You can go ahead and sticky it.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 02:39

Er...no. I just provided the sequential slot numbers I had been using, without actually thinking it through.

Actulally, I need 86 and 94.

I updated my post above to reflect the correct slots.

Thanx for catching that one :roll:

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 03:26

It's more than just slots. Once released (and it is) it's hard to constantly update; so we decided not to. So you also get the price, notoriety and t id. Are you sure you want those too?

Burianek
x3tc

Post by Burianek » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 03:40

Ok, the thread has been stickied. Good luck! :) (It's a good idea)
I've also added a description to the index sticky. Let me know if there's anything else you think I need to add.
"Nature's first green is gold" . . . stay golden.

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 10. Jan 06, 05:42

Are you sure you want those too?
Yup...I already verified the price.

Dioltas As Dia
x3

Post by Dioltas As Dia » Thu, 12. Jan 06, 22:35

EDIT2: New Question/Troubleshooting

I unzipped the 06.dat and .cat files to the main X3 directory (and didnt overwrite anything as there was no other 06's). As said it acts as a false patch so it can work with other Mods.
I went and proceeded with creating a script using one of the new TwareT commands (#96 or 10203). Which worked fine when i hadnt a Mod running.

But for some reason the ware in question never appeared when using the DeadlyDa preview Mod. I dont have any other mods so i cant test it but im wondering is that the preview Mod specific or is it all mod's in general?

Any help is appreciated

Slán

nuclear_eclipse
x3tc

Post by nuclear_eclipse » Sat, 14. Jan 06, 23:33

Dioltas As Dia wrote:EDIT2: New Question/Troubleshooting

I unzipped the 06.dat and .cat files to the main X3 directory (and didnt overwrite anything as there was no other 06's). As said it acts as a false patch so it can work with other Mods.
I went and proceeded with creating a script using one of the new TwareT commands (#96 or 10203). Which worked fine when i hadnt a Mod running.

But for some reason the ware in question never appeared when using the DeadlyDa preview Mod. I dont have any other mods so i cant test it but im wondering is that the preview Mod specific or is it all mod's in general?

Any help is appreciated

Slán
I think that's specific to Deadly's mod, as his replaces the TWares files, with negates the EMP mod altogether since a selected mod has priority over any 'patch'

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 01:02

I think that's specific to Deadly's mod, as his replaces the TWares files, with negates the EMP mod altogether since a selected mod has priority over any 'patch'
Nuke is correct. The Preview Release was put up before I started using the "community" version of TWareT.

If the released version of the mod, I use the TWareT file from the EMP.

Dioltas As Dia
x3

Post by Dioltas As Dia » Sun, 15. Jan 06, 16:35

New Question [i know your sick of these :roll: ]

After fiddling around a long time trying to implement a new item as equipment rather than a good using the EMP, i cannot seem to find one.

Are all these new SS_Ware commands classed as goods (i.e. can hold more than one) as opposed to equipment (i.e. installed->uninstalled, limited one per ship)?

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 16. Jan 06, 01:40

These are all command wares. Only one unit of each can be installed on a ship. They take up no volume.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 23:19

Not too sure how your doing this yet :)

Using 10123 Freight Transporter upgrade 38,000cr
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 00:12

You gave me the text id. I'd like the ware index (what I call it), the number immediately to the left of the text id.
Also, are you sure you want the ware with -100,000 notoriety? Just double checking because they don't seem logical to me, although I included them because there were other wares with -notoriety.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 19. Jan 06, 10:35

crap

changed to 128

edit
-------

also using 127 now as well for my Insurance Tech

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”