[SCRIPT] Capitol Ship Crews V1.31 : Update 24/01/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 19:46

ok, that defaintly soundsl ike ur using another script thats trying to use the same command slots. but i wouldn't really know which one it is, most likly not one of the ones on the community scripts sticky, otherwise the clash would be visible.

i dont know about the assigning of workers, this could be the same problem with clashing scripts

ill have a few tests when i get chance and c if i can reproduce this

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 20:01

have you managed to establish new unit types like ive mentioned before ?
1. Medics
They will partly bringing the staff back that will be lost due a fight, when the hull droped.

2. Weaponengeniers.
They will increase the fireingrate, speed and damage of the weapons,

3. Enginemechanics.
They will increase the enginespeed, when the hull drops unitl 100% of the original speed

4. Shieldengeniers.
They will increase the loadingrate of the shield and the max shield.

5. HullMechanics
will repair the hull slowly. When working on a carrier they also heal stored ships

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 20:07

djssuk wrote:Let me know if you want any more details. UInfortunately, I have many scripts installed so I am not sure which one is clashing (the scramble script).
probably would be best to find out which ones that are not in the community scripts sticky you have running. that will narrow the search down abit :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 20:13

Blinki1984 wrote:have you managed to establish new unit types like ive mentioned before ?
1. Medics
They will partly bringing the staff back that will be lost due a fight, when the hull droped.

2. Weaponengeniers.
They will increase the fireingrate, speed and damage of the weapons,

3. Enginemechanics.
They will increase the enginespeed, when the hull drops unitl 100% of the original speed

4. Shieldengeniers.
They will increase the loadingrate of the shield and the max shield.

5. HullMechanics
will repair the hull slowly. When working on a carrier they also heal stored ships
well, the hull is currently taken care of, thts what the currnet script does.
i will be adding engineers in a later version for shields and speed.

i might add some medics in later, but first i need the workers to get injured when under attack, otherwise they would be pointless ;)

however, controlling wepaons is not possible

Blinki1984
x3

Post by Blinki1984 » Sun, 19. Feb 06, 20:36

I understand.

maby officers could increase the overall performance of crew members.

gray1107
x4

Post by gray1107 » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 23:32

Hmm, I've got a possible suggestion for something a bit different but within the remit of this script...

How about some kind of fighter maintenance crew that repair & reload your fighters when docked. Repair is self explainatory but in terms of reload I was thinking about automatically reloading ammo onto ships with mass drivers and also missiles onto ships (with some degree of player control).

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Feb 06, 00:15

well, docked ships already get reparied by your mechanics ;)

as for the rearming, it might be worth adding that, maybe unitlise the transport to rearm ships in space too

Tritous
x3tc

hmm

Post by Tritous » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 15:06

if you do a mid space rearm you should have some limitations. less than a 5km limit, maybe 3km (since it's be under combat conditions, high energy plasma and energy weapons disrupt transporter beam accuracty so you need to be closer ;) ) but some sort of other limits too...like you need a transporter chief (who controls what goes onto what ship) and you can only reload one ship per second otherwise it is just too powerful.

how to control it I don't know, I can think of a dozen methods of interface, all are either inadequate, or not feasable to do. best idea I can find is a homebase filter so it only restocks ships who have that carrier as a homebase.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 15:32

well if it was to add it, then it would require differnet crew member so you will have to pay wages to use it. And adding workers improves it, ie increase the range, restocking faster, prioritiesing ships, etc.

but even with ltos of workers, there will still be a limited range
i guess i could add transporting of wares out of space autoatmically too by the transporter chief

the problem is working out how to balance it with the numer of workers required, etc

Tritous
x3tc

erm

Post by Tritous » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 21:12

why totally limit it? if the amount of boost was a formula like sqrt(# of workers) then you can get as much boost as you want...but the amount of boost you get from each decreases hugely as you go.

if you do want a limit then use a summed geometric series, maybe a factor of 0.8. so you would get a ratio of the gain in performance of 1 + 0.8 + 0.8^2...etc. the formula for that would be (1-r^(W+1))/(1-r). if you chose a factor of 0.8, that would come out as 5-5(0.8^(W+1))

the result of that particular formula would have a limit of 5 times the orignal boost. at 20 workers you are at about 4.95. if you tweak it a little you get different results but the best I found was 5-3(0.9^W). It's an easier formula to code I think and outputs a sequence of 1.4, 1.76, 2.08, 2.37, 2.63....eventually coming to it's limit at 5 again. what's more interesting is if you look at the ratios of the boost by normalising it compared to the 1 worker amount: 1, 1.26, 1.48, 1.69, 1.88, 2.05, 2.20, 2.34..... it curbs off at about 3.57. so if you use that formula as a multiplier, then the boost from having an infinite number of workers....would only be 3.5 times that of having only 1 worker. I'm sure a quick power loop is easy enough to code. may be worth having some sort of similar formula for the other workers. using 0.9 as the factor gives a reasonably slow curve, but if you really want to fine tune it just use excel and sketch a few graphs.

Rainen
x3

Post by Rainen » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 15:01

First off love your work Cycrow has added to my enjoyment of x3 beyond measure :D

Im running your entire script pack with several other scripts like ring of fire, xai rtd and fsup, sector takeover and a few others.

Running DDRS mod with M7 mod installed (like to switch between often for different game experience)

Just wanna let you know that everytime i load up a *Modified* game even if i just enable script editor on un modded game, another cheif mechanic and management hotkey line get added in controls menu hotkey assign menu. Doesnt seem to affect my game i only noticed it when i installed shield to drive booster and went into menu to assign hotkey, there were about 50 of each there Lol, tried a new game and every load added 2 more. Could be my love of scripts causing this , just letting you know and thanks for your great work :thumb_up:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 16:13

seems its not recording the id of the created key correctly, i could fix that
its prolly a simple mistake i've made somewhere :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 16:40

ok, added the fix for the hotkey's

unfortuatlly it wont remove the oens currently created, but it will stop creating more :)

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Tue, 28. Feb 06, 20:21

tried to autoupdate from the installer and it said "wrong version"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 1. Mar 06, 00:18

hmm, not sure y it would say wrong version, thats usually if it tryes to update and it ends up an older version.

ill have to look to c if theres anything wrong

Leviathan
x3

Post by Leviathan » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 20:33

djssuk wrote:Sorry if this has been coverred before but...

It seems this script is clashing with another script.

Sometimes this script works but sometimes, when I select Manage, a script boxc appears asking Protect = 1, Attack Enamies = 2.

When I look at other schips, the manage option sometimes is not there and in its place is a comand SCRAMBLE: Protect = 1, Attacke Enemies = 2.

As I jump or load games things swap and change between the two scripts.

Also, when I can get it to work, the assign cre to a cheif returns NULL whn I expect a list of workers to assign, so instead of offering me 8 Excellent workers or 6 Good Workers to assign, I get two rows of NULL.

Let me know if you want any more details. UInfortunately, I have many scripts installed so I am not sure which one is clashing (the scramble script).

Thanks
The conflict seems to be caused by Cisor's dynamic bay configuration script. <t id="1243">COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_43</t> is used for his A_CISOR_SCRAMBLE command.
Wir kommen aus dem Nichts,
wir werden zu Nichts,
also was haben wir zu verlieren?
Nichts!

-Monty Python-

Tritous
x3tc

hmmm

Post by Tritous » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 08:07

<t id="1243">COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_43</t> - Capitol Ship Crews by Cycrow

well cycrow has that slot registered to him in the community sticky, I think Cisor made the slip here. someone should mail him about that one

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 14:20

Going through a painful process to find out why all of a sudden I am getting lock ups.... started to happen from the 27th Feb onwards so right now I am going through all updates to the scripts I have had since then.

This was one of them, is there any possibility there could be a infinite loop being produced in this script ??...

I have spoke with T on his Salvage mod which at first I thought was causing my issues but seems not.

Grasping at straws but have to ask.

Thanks.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 14:31

have u tryed removing the script and c if it still happens ?

theres been no new loops added in the latast version that wasn't in V1.00
when do the lockups happen ?

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 15:24

Its random...... anywhere.... usually within 10 mins playing...

I use the Deadleys/RedSpots MOD.... 2.1d1, since 2.1c things started to freeze... no one else reported issues with 2.1 in the thread so I must look elsewhere for my issue..

I have started diabling scripts as I go along.... since I use so many its a long process..

So I went on date .... and only 3 scripts have been updated since the problems began....

This one, SALVAGE, and forgot the other at the moment, until I get home again.
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”