(LEVELED) - DDRS V2.5 with 55 custom ships and 6 custom shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chrisalis
x3

Post by Chrisalis » Wed, 16. Aug 06, 23:50

The custom Wharfs... where abouts do they spawn in a sector? Is it on the sector map, on the sector map when zoomed out or just way off the sector map?

And just to check... The Wharfs spawn after the "important" sectors (does that mean sectors with both a Shipyard and Equipment Dock or does it mean those AND sectors with NO Shipyard but an Equipment Dock?) for a race are found and then the Wharf is unlocked for that race, then is spawned in a sector of that race that has NO shipyard but has an Equipment Dock... is that correct? :?

Regards

Shadow1980
x4

Post by Shadow1980 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 00:05

I'm not sure exactly when they spawn, but I would try to explore at least all 'core' sectors of a race, especially those with EQ docks.

For me, the wharfs have spawned slightly off the sector map, but not so far that it is ridiculous. A triplex scanner and flying on the edges of a sector map should do - they should be pretty easy to spot in most sectors.
If you can't be bothered waiting that long, the DDRS mod comes with a few cheats but you have to drag the files into the scripts folder yourself, they come in a subdirectory. One of these cheats places a sattelite next to all the wharfs and the asteroid base that have spawned in your game.
The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Chrisalis
x3

Post by Chrisalis » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 00:39

Thanks a lot... I'll get to it

Hieronymos
x3

DDRS Rebalanced in Late Beta Phase of Development

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 03:59

As it now stands, DDRS Rebalanced will substantially increase combat difficulty of most 'roid base missions. A much higher proportion of opposing fighters and turrets will use Mass Drivers. This will require new tactics for players to survive missions, much less complete them. A means of economically repairing hull damage will become very important. Thus, the Xai Corp script endorsed by Deadly, or scripts by Cycrow and LV will become extremely useful until RS's Fleet Command becomes available. You have been warned.

Deadly's endorsement of the Xai Corp repair script is not just an idle remark..

DDRS Rebalanced will also feature two M6 "Flakships" mounting Alpha Flak Arrays, and an M6 "Flakship-Hunter". Flakships, especially the Rebalanced Boron Tigerfish, will be especially lethal to M4 class and smaller, and are best hunted with capital ships or groups of heavily shielded M3's and/or M6's. Most capital ships and many TL's will now also mount Flak Arrays at multiple hardpoints, in conjunction with Red Spot's Turret Defence script. So eliminating a DDRS capital ship in a single M3 will become a lot more difficult in some cases--and nearly impossible in others.

DDRS Rebalanced will also feature a few Split ships capable of mounting limited amounts of Kha'ak weaponry.

DDRS Rebalanced is in the late Beta phase of development, and will hopefully be ready for release...soon 8)

tikanderoga
x4

Re: DDRS Rebalanced in Late Beta Phase of Development

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 07:16

Hieronymos wrote:A means of economically repairing hull damage will become very important. Thus, the Xai Corp script endorsed by Deadly, or scripts by Cycrow and LV will become extremely useful until RS's Fleet Command becomes available. You have been warned.
Why not include Cycrows Script for the capship crews right away¿ I just startet to use this one and it works perfect..
A capped falcon was repaired within no time, same for my Thor, which gut some bumps and scratches in a dogfight against a TL and 4 M6..
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 14:45

tikanderoga,

No question, Cycrow's script is quite useful. LV also the Self Repairing Hull Technology, which works well.

Clearly the two main variables are the cost and time required to repair a given hull, and all of the scripts that out there take a slightly different approach. An extreme example is the God Mode cheat, which repairs your hull and shields every 10 seconds...for free.

So I guess the primary concern I have in "embedding" a script like that in DDRS, is that every player has their own view of what constitutes a "cheat".

The best solution, IMHO, is to note the main hull repair scripts...and let the player choose.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 15:25

What about including both¿
Cycrow AND LV's.
So it's the player's choice, which one to pick.
The god-cheat-mode can be added by those players not believing in honest playing.

Oh.. and is there a possibility to keep the M1/M2-capping function¿ Because I just managed to cap my 2nd Grendel and 3 Odins.. 8) And to be honest: I don't really wanna give up this feature..
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 16:07

Thing is, Cycrows script, while functional while in combat, requires money to pay the 'crew' to do the fixing. LV's, on the other hand, requires the ship to stop doing ANYTHING but repair, which means you can't be in a fight. It also can work on fighters, unlike Cycrow's.

The God Mode script only regens shields, so if something hits you with enough fire to kill you in 1 shot (and this is NOT that unusual) God Mod can't help you.

Only God Mode is a real cheat, while the others cost money for the hardware/people, and have limits (imobilitiy/paying the crew on m6 or bigger ships) on their use.

@Hieronymos
From the sounds of things, I'll never use Rebalanced as it seems to be UNbalancing things.

No M6 should NEVER pack FLAK's (COUGH>P<COUGH). Basicly, M6's CAN'T because of the power requirements, and only TL/M1/M2 ships have power generators big enough to compensate. Not to mention the recoil of weapons like that. Remember, those rounds are shot out at VERY high velocity just to have a CHANCE of catching a fighter. M6's would be like US Battleships firing a broadside: Shoved Sideways.

MD's, now, is a good idea. But only for races that would use them. Boron and Paranid don't as they have their OWN special weapons. Teladi wouldn't because it would 'cost' money to use them (ammo).Putting them on race ships that wouldn't normally carry them is just plain silly.

bPBE's would work as antifighter on M6's, as their VERY nasty. Get more than 1 shooting you and you'll have a very bad day. So M6 Flak ships should be AntiFighter ships with this weapon.

Messing with the base precepts of a game and calling it Rebalanced makes it something OTHER that what the game was supposed to be.

And the reason most of use prefer fighters is because of maneuverablity. On several of the Missions, I've used 6 or more Wingment in M3's to help with the big cap ships, even though the AI tends to be stupid in the attacks, it gets the job done. Untill that ship starts with the FLAK shooting. :o
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Mutso2
x3

Post by Mutso2 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 16:12

No Pillar Of Autumn from Halo??? Too bad, that ship kicks ass. But great mod man!

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 17:14

Jakesnake5 wrote:No M6 should NEVER pack FLAK's (COUGH>P<COUGH).
Give Deadly the credit for this - at least the Ps are now some nice adverseries and not just cannon fodder and reputation-pushers.. :D

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 18:52

The God Mode script only regens shields, so if something hits you with enough fire to kill you in 1 shot (and this is NOT that unusual) God Mod can't help you.
Actually, the God Mod cheat script (by Nuke) does restore both hull and shields.
Give Deadly the credit for this - at least the Ps are now some nice adverseries and not just cannon fodder and reputation-pushers.
To be honest, all I did to the P was to "enable" the turrets that were already present in the standard Egosoft scene file and ship model. I did alter the rear turret so it carried two lasers, instead of one. The Xenon turret definitions are those contained in standard TCockpits file supplied by Egosoft. Frankly, I still find the P to be a real pushover, as it has a number of "blind spots".

Hull Repair: The reason I prefer the Xai Ship Repair is that it "seems" less like a cheat to me...and runs nicely on my HQ once I have managed to get that far in the DDRS missions. It will also repair any ship I send it's way.

It uses Teladianium Paneling as the primary ware, and will manufacture the paneling from Ore, Silicon Wafers, and Teladianium if you don't have any paneling (and who does?). This means that you have to set up at least one ship to collect and stock your HQ (or station) with these resources in order to manufacture the paneling, before you can even begin to repair hulls.

I'm not trying to "plug" the Xai SRF. The beauty of X3 is that the player can set it up in anyway that pleases him/her, and SRF is the one that "floats my boat" (or "launches my ship"). It's not cheap...it's not fast...but like I said, it works for me and fits nicely with my style of play.

Since I don't usually have all that much hull damage before I manage to "win" myself an HQ, I don't have a problem sending the occasional fighter off to a SY and paying for repairs.

DDRS-Rebalanced: All I can say about the Rebalance version of DDRS is to wait until it comes out, and then see how it plays for you. The single most important criteria has been to ensure that it does not destroy the balance of the game...and after logging many hours of test time I think we have been successful (at least with respect to maintaining a balanced style of game play).

There are two aspects of DRS-Rebalanced that players may not like; first, it is quite challenging (read: bloody hard), second, it forces you to consider carefully your combat strategies, and to use all the assets at your disposal (missiles, fighters, sector objects you can hide behind, etc).

Before DDRS-Rebalanced, my normal approach to combat was the "get a bigger hammer" style of fighting. I just jumped into my best ship, headed straight towards anything that was colored red, and started blasting until they were all gone. The DDRS-Rebalanced mod has "educated" me in this regard, and I find that I am now a much better combat pilot on the regular version as well.

When all is said and done, if a player does not like the changes, they can of course stay with the "core" DDRS mod...that is why both versions use the same ship models and the same Red Spot script set. Rest assured, I am fully committed to maintaining both versions.
Last edited by DeadlyDa on Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:13, edited 4 times in total.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 18:57

But there will never ever will be a comeback of the cap-ship-claiming-event¿ :?

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:12

But there will never ever will be a comeback of the cap-ship-claiming-event¿
That is certainly our intent...but what it will look like, and when it will be available, are not things that we can discuss at the moment :roll:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:15

My favorite 'HAMMER', is Tempest missiles. I have a Tempest Complex churning these mothers out.

Best thing about them, you don't actually have to have a target to shoot them. Which means alot when your dealing with 'swarms'. If the swarms remain in formation (which usually means slower than the missiles), then the missiles have a field day.

They blow up after flying for 4 mins, but since they auto-target, its fun to watch.
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

danw635
x3

Cant get any ships in DDRS

Post by danw635 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:22

Hi, I downloaded ddrs, the mod pack with 41 ships and want to play it. So i put all the files in their folders for X3, then when I start X3 I select DDRS as the mod I want to use. Then, ingame, I click reinit scripts. I fly over to a shipyard to buy one of the ships, but none of them are there. It says that I am supposed to do missions in the download page of DDRS, but there are none to do in game. I started a game in custom mode. What am I doing wrong? :cry:

[Should post questions about mods in the correct thread - Cycrow]

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:37

Jakesnake5 wrote:My favorite 'HAMMER', is Tempest missiles. I have a Tempest Complex churning these mothers out.
Did you ever tried Thunderbolts¿
75 MJ dam, knocks every ship out of their hull and shield with one hit, and those with 75 MJ shield, give em 2 shots with AHEPTs and "accidently" hit the missile launch key.. . :twisted:

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 19:51

Yea, but you can fire 'extra' Tempests at a target, and if they don't all hit because the target is destroyed, they'll lock onto another hostile and go for it. 60k damage is nothing to be sneezed at, plus self targeting. (actually, they use your ships computer to determine whether something should be targeted or not)
[ external image ]

jackleonfraust
x3

Post by jackleonfraust » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 20:36

Are you working on any current station models?

BlackRazor
x4

Re: Cant get any ships in DDRS

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 20:51

danw635 wrote: What am I doing wrong? :cry:
You have not read the readme :wink:
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

deepsim

Post by deepsim » Thu, 17. Aug 06, 21:10

Hi there, you guys are forgetting the best out there, the Typhoon swarms, those are really beautiful, 1 missile - 1 fully shielded M3, 2 of them blow up a TL without shields and 3 a M2-M1 without shields.

They are espensive, but I do my own, and when you're fighting several M6's, well you kinda need them, I found out in an DDRS Assasination mission to blow up a Ranger, there where 7 or 8 M6 protecting it, a good ahept pass 2 thyphoons and bye bye, that's power.

BTW Great Mod guys :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”