(LEVELED) - DDRS V2.5 with 55 custom ships and 6 custom shipyards

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 01:48

Deathwalker1701,

The section on gameplay that you are looking for is in the DDRS readme file.

The file you are referring to (that is in German) was extracted and translated by a friend from the German forums.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 12:51

DDA, I noticed something odd about the Asteroide Base.

The support arms for the large ship docking points are not using double sided textures. As such, you can't see the parts backsides when looking through the laticework. :D
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Draakon

Post by Draakon » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 13:20

Is this XTM compatible?

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 19:20

Draakon wrote:Is this XTM compatible?
no

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:01

Hello Deadly, You dont know me but I just wanted to say I enjoy this Mod much and just love your Babylon 5 models.

I know you did many ships on request and I was wondering why you made the Omega a M2 instead of a M1 (something like the Terran Odin since the Omega can dock starfuries in the Babylon 5 show).

I have been trying to read some threads about adding internal docking myself, but it's just little bit above my head :)

So I was hoping maybe you had made the Omega a m1 before deciding it had to be a m2 or something(for whatever reason) and you have the carrier vesions still laying around somewhere.

p.s. The rotating part on the Omega is just awesome, was that hard to do?

Rawn
xr

Post by Rawn » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:38

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 01:43

Rawn wrote:i think you´re searching this one http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... ight=omega
:D Thank you so much :D

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 02:37

A few responses/answers:
  • Jakesnake5: Oops...you're right. Just careless of me. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll get it fixed on the final DDRS "convergence" version for X3 Reunion (before moving on to a version compatible with X3 Terran Conflict).

Meros: The reason that the Omega was spec'd as an M2 was because the standard internal docking parts are way too big for the model. If you look at the Omega, you see that it is very narrow, with no flat surface that really lends itself to an internal docking facility (launching a ship from the front of an M1 really sucks!). I did consider creating another custom part just for this ship, but in the end DDRS needed another M2 (at the time), and the Omega was ready to go :roll:
All: I've been traveling from New Zealand to Europe once a month since January, and have not had a great deal of time to spend on X3 and DDRS.

I fully intend to publish a final release of DDRS for X3 Reunion which will "converge" the 2 current versions, and significantly re-balance the ships. Currently there are several ships that have assumed "mythic" offensive and defensive capabilities (not surprisingly, my favorite ships)...and that is unacceptable.

I also intend to produce a DDRS release that is fully compatible with the new X3 Terran Conflict...once we've all had enough time to play with (and evaluate) the new features and ships.

So...while progress is slow, DDRS lives 8)

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 10:51

DeadlyDa wrote:Meros: The reason that the Omega was spec'd as an M2 was because the standard internal docking parts are way too big for the model. If you look at the Omega, you see that it is very narrow, with no flat surface that really lends itself to an internal docking facility (launching a ship from the front of an M1 really sucks!). I did consider creating another custom part just for this ship, but in the end DDRS needed another M2 (at the time), and the Omega was ready to go :roll:
I Imagined it was something like that, i.i.r.c. the babylon 5 "way" to launch the fighters from the Omega destroyer, was that they were catapulted from their storage space (the rotating part of the Omega), but that maybe impossible to do in X3.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 04:15

Does anyone know the thread link to DDRS Rebalanced? Can't seem to find it...and it don't come up in the ES search.

Soon it'll be moot with the release of DDRS Convergence.

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 16:21

Will you guys rewrite this for TC?

I'd love to fly these ships in the new game as well.
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

cooloneishereforgood
x3

DDRS problem

Post by cooloneishereforgood » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 15:15

I just download this after I saw it had babylon 5 ships in it without a second thought. Now I know I should give it sometime to look for space docks but this is insane I been flying for Jazura's now. And have been in 30+ sector's and still nothing. Now I am all for downloading mods this time I will get busted by my eldest bro when he finds out. Which I am fine with if it's worth it. Butt if I wanted to just fly around sector's aimlessly. And never recieve anything for it. I can do that with the lottery in standard. I am sorry but this is really bakana. Now if this is fixable I am perfectly happy with it. SO if anyone can tell me. I would greatly appreicate it.

PS :evil: :evil: :evil:

{Merged to the existing DDRS thread. jlehtone}

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 20:19

Tikanderoga,
2 things:
a) Final version of DDRS for X3R, called DDRS Convergence, is currently in Betatesting.
b) Porting of Convergence to XTC is in process.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 01:29

Is DDRS a Babylon 5 mod? if so, i never been a fan...not seen the series for about a decade....i was 10 then...methinks me stick with xtm...
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 02:12

Hm...regarding is this xtm compatable....tes it is...all the ships are available to be downloaded and well i have them all...well the starwars ones anyway..so yus! i like collectiong ships to play with..
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 04:42

zombie-uk,
DDRS and XTM are separate mods. Once Cycrow's ship installer is stable in XTC (already is fully stable in X3R), you should be able to pick ships from any mod and add them into another.

If you play DDRS, all modded ships need to be unlocked thru gruelling combat missions before you can buy them. No free lunch!

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 13:52

Hieronymos wrote:Tikanderoga,
2 things:
a) Final version of DDRS for X3R, called DDRS Convergence, is currently in Betatesting.
b) Porting of Convergence to XTC is in process.
a) sounds good to me

b) sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet :) Me like ;-)

Will you make a thread for that one on the XTC sub-forum?
If you got a monopoly on an operating system, and you make tons of money by supporting it, why fix it?

Akula87

Post by Akula87 » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 00:48

What's up with the turrets? I only get one axis of movement with them...that couldnt be by design, right?

Any ideas?

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 22:08

@ Tikonderoga: There are a number of DDRS combat scripts (UniCap1, etc.) that cause conflicts with XTM, and so can only be played with DDRS. Check out what's available here: http://xforum.chaos.net.nz/viewforum.php?f=23
Until Convergence is ready, I'd recc. DDRS Rebalanced. Combat's tougher :twisted: You should like.

@Akula87: which ship(s) are you having trouble with? And which version of the mod?

tikanderoga
x4

Post by tikanderoga » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 07:10

I am already playing the leveled version of DDRS on X3R and I really love it, so that's why I asked for the release date for X3TC ;-)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”