[Script] STEALTH Lasertowers - Ring of Fire (v2.27 - 28.04.08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sephiroth-omega
x3tc

Post by Sephiroth-omega » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 06:45

@Gazz

Ive tried your mod, and must say its pretty cool!

Though ive a suggestion for you. Could you also make Stealth E-Sat's. Because in large sectors where you have to put in 10 - 20 E-Sats or more to see the whole Sectormap (Mealstrom) is a pain in the a**, and clusters down my property list in the sectormap. If you could make Stealth E-Sats than they should also cost more and use 2 Micochips (like your Stealth LT's) AND 2 Cristals to work. They also shouldnt show up at the Sectormap.

I hope you could make it. And I will now test your mod with the DDRS mod. Hope it works.

THX in advance
Cowards die many times before their deaths. The valiant never taste of death but once (William Shakespeare)

Ours is not to question why, only but to do or die. [The Charge of the Light Brigade (Battletech)]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 5. Mar 07, 19:22

A script can not do that.

If you dont want sats cluttering your ship list, mod Globals.txt and set their range to a few hundred km.
Then you only need 1 sat per sector. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Nightmariner
x3

How to Un-Deploy LTs

Post by Nightmariner » Sun, 8. Apr 07, 00:31

Gazz,

First off, fantastic script. I can now place my stations in pirate sectors, and anyone who bothers with them is quickly fricasseed!

One question: Is there any way to UN-Deploy the LTs? I'd like to move them elsewhere, but since they are stealthed I can't even find them. I tried searching through the menus for a command to un-deploy but I can't find one.
It's not that I don't trust you. I just don't trust you.

Thetis
x4

Post by Thetis » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 07:45

Great job on the script. Just one question though. I deployed about 100 towers around a gate in Brennans Triumph, and whenever the towers decloak to fire they also damage the gate. I have no idea if gates can be destroyed, but is this an issue?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 9. Apr 07, 14:14

@ Nightmariner

There is no command to undeploy those. You can however decloak them if you wish and collect them with a script that allows that.

@ Thetis

Gates can not be destroyed with weapons.
Gates are just hella big so they always cover a big chunk of a LT's firing arc so they will get hit and soak up the fire.
It's not pretty but the obvious solution (as always) is to use more LT. =P

BTW: if you select a gate as a location a minimum radius of 1600 is enforced but you can enter a larger one if you wish.
Last edited by Gazz on Thu, 26. Apr 07, 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 26. Apr 07, 22:48

Version 2.16 released.

2.16 COMMAND_KILL_ENEMIES alone had no discernible effect.
OOS behavior tuned so LT have the exact same firepower IS and OOS.
Fixed math bug. ROF calculated and suggested wrong minimum radius.

Serious improvement in OOS firepower. We're talking 200-300 % here.

Existing LT in your game are automatically upgraded for improved OOS behavior.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 06:10

Gazz, the spk link downloads 2.14. Or at least that's what it says it is when you "install" it. I'm assuming this was just an oversight with labeling it.

Great stuff, thanks for improving it.

ChemODun
x3tc

Question

Post by ChemODun » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 11:44

Hi, Gazz.
Great script, thanks.
But some question:
in script "plugin.ring.of.fire.xml" you write:

Code: Select all

271   * Regular LT only
272   $message = sprintf: pageid=$PageID textid=100, $ship.name, $num.lt, $safety.radius, null, null
273   write to player logbook $message
If I truly understand, this message must be written to Pilot Log, when all OK and Ring was created.
But message 100 - not OK message, becouse

<t id="100">
[author][b]%s[/b][/author][green]Deployment aborted.[/green]\nFor deployment of [green]%s Lasertowers[/green] the radius should be at least [green]%s metres[/green].\n\nTo deploy with this radius anyway enter the radius as a negative number.
</t>
May be it must be 102 ?

<t id="102">
[author][b]%s[/b][/author]%s Lasertowers have been deployed.
</t>
P.S. I was made Russian translation, are you want have it ?[/code]
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

Gazz
x4

Re: Question

Post by Gazz » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 12:45

ChemODun wrote:But some question:
You are right. I fixed that now and removed a few obsolete entries from the TFiles.
P.S. I was made Russian translation, are you want have it ?
Sure thing!

The script requires some text input. For similiar scripts I have read these commands from the TFile so they can be localized but RoF is one of my oldest scripts and can not do that. (At least not yet)

Yah, I CAN update the script for easier localizing but how cryptic are the english commands for a russian? =)

Version 2.17 released.

2.17 Display bug fixed.

ChemODun
x3tc

Re: Question

Post by ChemODun » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 12:53

Gazz wrote:
ChemODun wrote:But some question:
You are right. I fixed that now and removed a few obsolete entries from the TFiles.

Ok. thanks.
Gazz wrote:
Yah, I CAN update the script for easier localizing but how cryptic are the english commands for a russian? =)
It must be English. Don't disturb about it.
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 27. Apr 07, 21:41

Version 2.18 released.

All commands that the player can enter are now found in the TFile and can be edited.
Also all default names or tags of the deployed LT are in the TFile.

Cleanup for some messages and the Readme files.

Added "deploy all you got" for number of LT.

Added "autocalculate radius" for radius value.

ChemODun wrote:It must be English. Don't disturb about it.
No, I insist on feeling disturbed. =P

See v2.18.

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Tue, 1. May 07, 21:16

@Gazz

Great Script :twisted: Thanks for bringing peace to my corner of the X Universe.

One question: :?: If I have Laser Towers that where deployed before this script was installed how can I upgrade them to cloak. Can I load them back into my cargo bay with some microchips I bout. Then redeploy them with microchips for the cloaking, or is there another way?
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 1. May 07, 22:40

If Im not mistaken then a script from the Bonus Pack allows to collect LT, Navsats and all such things.

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Tue, 1. May 07, 23:05

Well, I'm trying to avoid running too many scripts. :wink:
So I will just open the cargo bay doors and run over the LT to place it back in the cargo bay. This works on normal LT I have moved because I did not like the location they dropped out at.

:? So I should be able to upgrade my LT with microchips if I load them back into my cargo bay and redeploy them with microchips? :D
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 1. May 07, 23:28

Sure. If you collect them into your cargo bay they stop being ships and turn into a ware... a number.

KJKingJ

Post by KJKingJ » Mon, 28. May 07, 00:32

This looks like an interesting (and very useful) script. I dowloaded and installed it, however when I run the game and dock, the game autosaves and locks up. This only happens when this script is enabled, any ideas why? I'd really like to get this script working :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 28. May 07, 01:48

I have absolutely no idea why.
The setup does not contain any loops or other freaky stuff and the setup is the only script that runs at that time.

I start new games all the time and it works here...

KJKingJ

Post by KJKingJ » Mon, 28. May 07, 12:31

Hmm, ok thanks anyway. I'll just have to go back to placing my lasertowers manually. I'm using this on an existing game, so that could be why it isn't working too well.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 20. Jun 07, 11:26

Is it possible this script would be causing NPC lasertowers to cloak?

Veskandar
x4

Post by Veskandar » Thu, 26. Jul 07, 13:09

I can't download your script, when I klick the link I get a page with the following message:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'hentschke'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/kunden/hentschke-keramik.de/include/init_katalog.php3 on line 3

Warning: mysql_db_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/kunden/hentschke-keramik.de/include/cookieverwaltung.php3 on line 28
Access denied for user 'hentschke'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
I got no idea

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”