[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 7. Aug 07, 14:54

If anybody is struggling to get the script while Serial's site is offline, please PM me an email address and I will forward the 1.4 script version to you.

Mitch.

Kurt Shur'Tugal
x3

Post by Kurt Shur'Tugal » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 05:29

plz send me a pm and the link

Blacky_BPG
x4

Post by Blacky_BPG » Tue, 21. Aug 07, 17:19

Here is a link for the Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.40

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 01:30

I would like to suggest a modification to the script:

anarkis.cmd.shortcut.cleansector.xml:

Code: Select all

$lastCarrier = [THIS] -> call script 'anarkis.getLastCarrier' : 
 $class = $lastCarrier -> get object class
if $class == TL OR $class == M1
  $lastCarrier -> start task 12 with script 'anarkis.cmd.cleansector' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
end
return null

anarkis.cmd.shortcut.dockall.xml:

@ $lastCarrier = [THIS] -> call script 'anarkis.getLastCarrier' : 
$class = $lastCarrier -> get object class
if $class == TL OR $class == M1
$lastCarrier -> start task 12 with script 'anarkis.cmd.dockall.secure' and prio 0: arg1=null arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
end
return null
and create this:

anarkis.getLastCarrier.xml:

001  $carrier = [THIS]
002   if [THIS] -> is of class M1 or [THIS] is of class TL
003    set global variable: name='ACC.LastCarrier' value=[THIS]
004   end
005   $LastCarrier = get global variable: name='ACC.LastCarrier'
006   if $LastCarrier -> exists
007    $carrier = $LastCarrier
008   end
009   return $carrier

By doing this the script will remember the last carrier used and you will be able to issue commands remotely without stopping the carrier's task.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Wed, 22. Aug 07, 10:04

@JumerBR

Nice touch, unfortunately Serial, the creator of this script, is no longer on the forums :( , and he didn't assign anyone to take over this script. Thus, it will probably never get updated, just overhauled by someone else who can completely re-write it.

I think Osiris_Sam is looking at creating a carrier automation script, but don't take my word on it.

P.S. could you PM me if you are willing to email me your modified scripts Thanks
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

JumperBR
x2

Post by JumperBR » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 04:40

Kilrathi Avenger wrote:@JumerBR

Nice touch, unfortunately Serial, the creator of this script, is no longer on the forums :( , and he didn't assign anyone to take over this script. Thus, it will probably never get updated, just overhauled by someone else who can completely re-write it.

I think Osiris_Sam is looking at creating a carrier automation script, but don't take my word on it.

P.S. could you PM me if you are willing to email me your modified scripts Thanks
Hi...
I reused a old page I had and uploaded the file there: http://ganksters.275mb.com/
The problem is that the server dont allow .spk files so I renamed it to .gif... just save as .spk and it will work fine.

Any suggestion for change to the script?

cya

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 07:18

Osiris_sam wrote:as expressed on the first page:

"third party distribution not allowed"

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 23. Aug 07, 13:55

jlehtone wrote;
Osiris_sam wrote:
as expressed on the first page:

"third party distribution not allowed"
Yes, that's right enough. I have emailed the script to quite a few of the times Serial's site has been down.

Really hope he doesn't mind. Still third party distribution at the end of the day. His site has always came back on in time so just been a stop gap to help some people out.

Still Serial's intellectual property at the end of the day though and that I do understand.

Valen68
x4

Post by Valen68 » Wed, 12. Sep 07, 17:55

Blacky_BPG wrote:Here is a link for the Anarkis Carrier Commands 1.40
The the XScript Installer that came with the ziped file will not work. Can you post just that file? I will PM you with my e-mail if you prefer to do that instead.

If anyone else has a working XScript Installer file please let me know. Thanks

Stupac

Post by Stupac » Thu, 13. Sep 07, 09:00

His new site his working now. Looks like there is a 1.41 version now. Thanks alot Serial

http://www.xai-corp.net

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 13. Sep 07, 16:08

Stupac wrote:His new site his working now. Looks like there is a 1.41 version now. Thanks alot Serial

http://www.xai-corp.net
Thanks for the heads up Stupac. Wonder what's new in the latest version.

Mitch

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 02:43

Has any one else out here found that using the Homebase Settings on this can crash the game?

Setting THIS Carrier as a Homebase works fine if you choose "All ships", but if you select just Fighting ships M5/M4/M3/M6, I have found it hangs up the game.

Anyone else experienced this?

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 11. Oct 07, 17:47

Never had any problems like that Thraxwhirl.

Do you have another script that might be upsetting it?

I usually just do "All ships" but I went just now, for experimental purposes, and tried "Fighting ships" and it worked ok.

Lidza
x3

Post by Lidza » Mon, 22. Oct 07, 21:11

Is someone carry on improving this superb carrier script?

[REQ]
Command Resupply Carrier
Only ships with Trader modules should be called to supply the carrier, not the fighters (or any other ship that doesn't have trader modules)

Thanks

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 04:38

+++++

Does anyone else have the problem:

When the Carriers ships launch to defend (attack all enemys, Land) not only do they not defend but they fly to a different sector. I let them just go once and they all went to Kingdom End. Sending them back to the Carrier after they "did their thing" didnt help. They just did it again. I even tried resetting the script cache but no luck.

There a solution to this?

+++

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 04:52

Never had that happen joel, and I have used the script frequently.

That flying to Kingdom End rings a bell with me somehow. Can't remember where from but sure it wasn't to do with this script. Will keep my eyes peeled. Maybe others might remember.

Any other ship management scripts running?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 05:06

Lethal Mitch wrote:Never had that happen joel, and I have used the script frequently.

That flying to Kingdom End rings a bell with me somehow. Can't remember where from but sure it wasn't to do with this script. Will keep my eyes peeled. Maybe others might remember.

Any other ship management scripts running?
Thanks for the reply. I have no other scripts other than the fleet ship support one. Its really too bad this works like that. I can send out ships manually and they seem to do ok. Maybe I could make them all wingmen as a workaround but you lose some of the functionality of this script doing things this way.

====

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 05:12

That is weird then.

I found the script that sent ships to Kingdoms End or I think it's it. It was the Fight command software Mk3. Fixed now in later versions. Certainly mentioned in the scripts topic.

Did you ever have it installed?

Other than that I'm stumped.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 05:22

====

Actually I do have FK3 installed. Using 1.17. Do i need to uninstall the old version? I think I just copy/pasted over the existing version. I noticed that my ships have two similar commands in the combat section. One is "Attack all enemies and land" and the other is "Attack all enemies, land"

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Thu, 1. Nov 07, 05:37

Think that's the problem joel.

I have been watching the FCS Mk3 topic as I would like to try it out. There was a problem unistalling version 1.15 as far as I can make out. The author was advising people to install 1.16 on top and then uninstalling. Think there is an uninstaller incorporated in the newer versions. Sorry I'm a bit vague there, it's quite a large topic.

Maybe worth a post in the FCS Mk3 topic. The author posts in the topic often and seems very helpful.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”