[SCRIPT] ACC: Anarkis Carrier Commands | v1.40 | 17 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 19:27

Hi,

I REALLY like this script but unfortunately I have a fleet of small ships that don't use this because there aren't M1's. So, I could use a bit of help.
Does anyone know (or can provide detailed descriptions on how I can) how to enable this for the XTM mod?

The ships I'm thinking of specifically are the following:
All the M0's
Argon Griffin
Argon Cerberus
Split Panther

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 21:41

that can be done in the setup up script, copy and paste a the line in each section and then change the ship class, for M0 from what i remember is hugeship, as for the xtm M7 I think they are classed as m2, well thats from what i remember, M0 option is for definate you may have to play about a bit for the M7's but hey theres only so many classes, lol
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 21:56

I'll give it a try...thanks!

Could I use any editor or does it HAVE to be done in X3?

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 22:22

I believe you can use any editor but i just use the one in game. I not a big scripter i only know little things someone else might know more about other options of editing.
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

bringwind
x3

Post by bringwind » Sat, 2. Feb 08, 11:15

question, can this run with fight command mkIII?

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Sun, 3. Feb 08, 22:31

I have been running them together and it appearsto work.

BTW...I made the changes to the setup file but I have a problem still. I have to go into scripts and run the setup file every time I load the game for it to take effect. I'm pretty sureits NOT suppose to work that way but have no idea how to fix it.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 6. Feb 08, 16:51

did you copy the line in each section and paste it in the same section, there are quite a few sections you need to do it for each one, ive used this method and got it to successfully work for M0/M2/M7, I think it was the original creator that told me how to do it, lol it should be in this topic somewhere closer to the start.
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Wed, 6. Feb 08, 19:07

I have a custom M2 with 12 docking slots and i set the fighters on it to have the ship be their homebase but i dont see any special commands like form attack wing or supply all ships.

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Wed, 6. Feb 08, 19:46

Serial Kicked wrote:
Any chance of adding M2's to the next upgrade? With the new ships being created, and the new mods, having this functionality would be much appreciated.
Sorry, but no plan to do it. Adding the commands yourself isn't that hard, just give a look at the setup.anarkis.carrier file, and in the lines that looks like:

Code: Select all

global script map: set: key=xxx, class=Battle Ship M1, race=null, script=...
Change "Battle Ship M1" by "Huge Ship". Save & reload your game, enjoy.

Anyway I will write soon a AFC script (anarkis fleet commands) for M2 ships, making this discussion a bit pointless :)
here you go, lol i just screened through the topic to find it
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 04:33

does anyone know how i get this to work? i see the commands clear sector and dock all ships and i assigned them hotkeys but i dont get any of the other commands and nothing happens when i press the clear sector key even though i have 4 fighters docked at my m2 which is their homebase. is there a specail thing i have to do to tell the script to work on my big ship?

lordmoore
x3ap

Post by lordmoore » Sun, 10. Feb 08, 22:06

Ok, I'm loving this extension but theres one last thing I'd like and I'm hoping someone can tell me how to add it (and one irritation I'd like to get rid of).

I would love it if the automated carriers would purchase lost ships. So, if a ship goes down in combat the carrier would purchase another just like the one it lost.

Also, I keep getting messages everytime my ships go into combat saying there are not enough ships to perform this action. How do I turn that off completely?

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 18:46

the script requires at least 5 fighters you should have recieved a message each time carrier went to launch fighters.
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 18:49

Some things seem a bit wonky and I'm not sure if its my end or the script.

It seems to be a really great script but, using my elephant with it, when I order a sector sweep it won't use my m5's only my m3's (I'm in system).

When I try to use the homebase command, nothing happens, no menu, just clicks.

Sometimes ships seem confused as to what state they want to be in. When I was using my M5's and tried to get them to dock, using the dock all ships, they approached the ship and then suddenly would go back to attack all enemies, issuing the command again resulted in the same behavior.

Its such a great idea and looks so well done I really want to get this to work. I'm using version 1.41

Edit: I should post more often, now it seems to be working fine, the homebase settings that is.

McCade
x2

Post by McCade » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 23:48

Can anyone help me get this working for the M7 class? I found the setup script and tried to add the m7, but I don't think I did it correctly. I've not done any script edting thus far.

TIA

Lethal Mitch
xr

Post by Lethal Mitch » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 01:16

I could be wrong here but the M7 only takes 2 fighters IIRC. The script needs a minimum of 5 fighters to work.

Really for carriers which the M7 isn't.

Hope that helps.

McCade
x2

Post by McCade » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 05:54

I read that earlier in the thread (about the 5 ships), but the script seems to work great with my TL and only 2 fighters docked. It would be nice to be able to launch my M4 from the Hyp and call them back easily. While it's for the carriers, the script would work well in many situations.

UPDATE:
After a TON of trial and error, I was able to get it working :) Thanks for the reply. My main problem was the M7 class needed to be called as an M2. If anyone wants a copy let me know.

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Tue, 15. Apr 08, 17:48

This could be useful when trading with a TL, but not until there is a way to get the cargo out again. (To a factory for example)

kartelusm
x4

Post by kartelusm » Mon, 19. May 08, 19:21

On another thread someone asked what class of ship can do one/multi sector patrol and was answered correctly m6 and above. But, and I'm sorry if anyone mentioned this already, I think that in v1.41 of this beautiful script came a file called setup.zaddons.patrols.xml witch adds patrol commands to m3, m4 and m5 with FCS MkII. If anyone can confirm that it true, maybe that is the difference between 1.40 and 1.41?

Tharrick

Post by Tharrick » Fri, 1. Aug 08, 21:28

OK, I seem to have run into, well, into a MAJOR problem.

I have deployed fighters. They fought, they won. Now all but three have returned to the carrier. The three that are there are stuck with no orders - they won't follow any orders I send to them, and even when I try transporting into them, the autopilot will not turn off. Only difference was that it set them to 'idle' rather than 'none' - and they went jetting off in random directions at about 75m/s (these things are xenon LXs, all tuned to ~150m/s normally)

I had to call my personal fighter over and jump out of them!

Never seen this before running this script.

I'm on fully updated x3, running the LV cheat scripts, bonus pack and this

Mr Tibbs
x3

Post by Mr Tibbs » Tue, 12. Aug 08, 21:17

Great script here. Just a couple of suggestions that would make it fantastic.

Turret commands currently only effect the first turret. I use M3+ fighters like the eclipse alot which have 2 turrets.
Would be a good idea to check for number of turrets then using a while loop to scan through them
eg

while $nb
  dec $nb
  $ship = $shiparray[$nb]
  $turret.count = $ship -> get number of turrets
  if $turretorder == 0
    while $turret.count
      $ship -> start task 1 with script '!turret.missiledefense.std' and prio 0: arg1=$turret.count arg2=null arg3=null arg4=null arg5=null
      dec $turret.count
    end
  else if and so on and so forth
This will catch all turrets on any docked ship so they all do something while in combat

Also I feel that the equip ship command works better if you specifiy the amount of ware each fighter should have on board rather than amount to add.

eg I have 30 Novas with 2 mass drivers each. I want to make sure that before their next combat mission they all have 20 mass driver ammos and 20 mosquito units as standard. This gives the fleet a more organised approach to re arming.

I've had a play and it works quite nicely that way with a little extra code.
I've also added an argument to ask what class of ship to upgrade. I only want my M4 and M3s to have ammo not my M5s etc.

All in all a brilliant job though. It's become one of my most used addons while organising my fleet movements.

Edit...

Another handy addition that I put in is to have the option screens popping up without having to exit out of the whole command screen then going into player messages.

I've done this by adding

<t id="1">[center]Welcome to [b]Anarkis Carrier Commands[/b] main menu\n</t>
to the t file then in
  • anarkis.cmd.carrier.tactics
    anarkis.cmd.set.homebase
added the following code near the top of the file

$welcome = sprintf: padeid="8510" textid="1", null, null, null, null,null
@ wait 30 ms
send incoming message $welcome to player: display it=TRUE
pops the message direct to the front