[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:36

About the point B.

Do you have tested my plugin + DDR Mod ? As long as they do not remove the "Pirate Mobile Base" model and ship, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

If there's *really* an incompatibility, report it and i'll try to correct it.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:43

Hieronymos:

As Serial stated, his project here is a plugin, not a Mod. So, it shold be compatible.

For the record, I ran Yaki Armada and DDRS1.1a with no problems. Which I would expect. I have not tried DDRS2.1d1 with it yet though....

I do have a problem with Yaki ship/pilot IDs conflicting with Cycrow's overtune script on the BBS, but I have yet to get to the bottom of this and can't think what would be causing it...? Incedentally, it also occurred with another of Cycrow's BBS scripts - but I forget which one.

Of course, this may be something more fundamental to X3 that is stuffed up here.... :roll:

KK.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 3. Mar 06, 22:47

well, BBS scripts shouldn't really conflict with other scripts, what exactly is the problem ur having ?

and have u made ur you have the latest version of the scritps ?

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 00:36

Cycrow:

I reported this to SerialKicked on Page 1 of this thread:
The problem manifests itself as writing the Pilot Name and ship registration over the 'My ship Name' and 'Cost of Upgrade' fields (not the real var names as I have not looked at the scripts) in the BBS article for the Overtune offer. As My Ship Name is appended to the variable, I get the form [Pilots NameMyShipName] while the amount is overwritten, so I simply get the ship reg, which is a YK--- reg, which I assume is Yaki.

This only manifests after I installed your Armada script and is consistent. (and the latest Ovetune script)

I am not that familiar with the scripting language, but from a programming perspective it looks like you are both using a pointer to the same variable or array tuple at some point.
I am using the most recent versions of both the scripts.

Personally, as I understand how X3 scripting handles BBS articles, I can't see how it is happening either. When I have a bit more time I'll look into it a bit more - but if you have any ideas in the mean time, then that would be most helpful....

Regards,

KK

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 4. Mar 06, 23:58

So the only known conflict with Yaki Armada script-wise & mod-wise is with Cycrow's BBS-overtune script?

Meanwhile I'll fire up the Yaki Armada tonite!

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Sun, 5. Mar 06, 01:35

Hieronymos wrote:So the only known conflict with Yaki Armada script-wise & mod-wise is with Cycrow's BBS-overtune script?

Meanwhile I'll fire up the Yaki Armada tonite!
Yes. But that may only be me. No one else seems to have reported the same problem. Anyway, I can see no reason (as far as I understand scripting) for this is to conflict. As a programmer, I can see how it would conflict, but from what I understand of the scripting language, this should not be possible....but then, I am not a scripting expert!

KK.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 21:53

Fired up the Yaki Armada last night. Fabulous! The Yaki ships are far more capturable than regular pilots though (I'm not complaining, mind). Capped three Susanowa's of only 6-7 engaged. Unless it's just beginner's luck.

Can see why it's called Yaki ARMADA, those guys are thick as fleas. Have already lost several freighters to them. Will probably have to invest in mucho lasertowers (Euclid's upgraded one's) for area control...

Two questions, though: how does the plugin generate the location of Yaki assaults? Are they random, or weighted to occur in sectors with a strong player presence (especially if they hate player)??
And does a sector attack force eventually evacuate if not destroyed? Or are they essentially 'suicide squads'??

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 6. Mar 06, 23:10

@Kurios Kronou : Still not found any reason why you're experiencing this. I've not the same issue at all.

@Hieronymos : Thanks :) Beginner's luck i guess, there's no reason why Yakis would be easier to cap than other ships. Attacked sector is currently chosen more or less randomly, but the ships will jump out if a M2/M1 is too near of the Yaki mobile base. They won't target player ships unless if they dislike you (it seems it's the case here ^^). In the next versions i'll probably use another method to select a target sector.

Yup attack force should retreat after a while (random, sometimes they won't)

Cheers.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 16:53

Hi Serial: Does their is a way to known in what sector they jump in order to jump to that sector and attack them?

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 11:10

hi serial :)#

first thought: wohoo looks cool i´m gonna install this

second thought, after installing: WTF?? why are thr yakis my friends??? :lol:

is this a bug, or do i have to change something, or hoe can i make them my enemys?

(when i atack them, the atacked trurn red sometimes, but all other yakis stay "friends")

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 16:22

@Puruco : Not currently. Will be included soon.

@X_x_X : Hi ;)

No, it's not a bug it's a feature ! :) Yaki are neutral to you by default and they should not attack you. Destroy one or two Yaki mobile bases and they all finish to become red. The idea behind this is to allow the player to join the yakis in a later version.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

X_x_X
x3

Post by X_x_X » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 17:47

ah ok thx for the answear :)

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 9. Mar 06, 18:44

Thanks Serial...

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Fri, 10. Mar 06, 13:20

Fun! Too bad Yaki are all red to me... :P

A few quick questions:

1) I see notoriety being added to Yaki (-2000). Can the sector's race's notoriety be added as well, preferrably a significant amount to demonstrate their "appreciation"? :)

2) I think this script is the best script to start with BBS messages that actually mention player exploits. When a Yaki cap gets destroyed by the player, it'll be extremely cool to dock and see a BBS message extolling the player's exploits, even mentioning the player's name, maybe get GalNet to do an "exclusive" :D

3) Glad to see this script finally officially launched :idea:

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 11. Mar 06, 21:38

Have x'd 3 Yaki bases...they really hate me now, and are chewing up my factory ships at an alarming rate. So, some findings:

a) No conflict so far with Cycrow's BBS-overtune script, at least not with the Mamba or Centaur I commonly pilot.
b) Yaki M3's are DEFINITELY much easier to cap. Overall, cap ~10% of regular pirate M3's. But with Yaki Susanowa's it's ~35%. Not that I'm complaining, mind. Helps defray the cost of replacing so many fuc**ng freighters! Have capped 11 so far...
c) The Mobile bases seem to respawn VERY quickly. In 2 game days, I've x'd 3, saw 2 more destroyed by Argon cap ships...but the attacks seem as numerous as ever. How quickly DO the damn things respawn?!?
d) Playing the Yaki plugin definitely requires a different strategic development approach regarding fab/fact/complex placement, if you play them as enemies. I.e., a real need to not spread out too much, but rather concentrate in a few sectors with heavy fighter patrols (And preferrably fighters armed with MassDrivers). You might want to suggest something about this in the readme.

Fabulous plugin! Keep up the good work.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 04:46

@Hieronymos :

a) Same here.

b) Yup, in fact it seems you're right. Yaki pirates are cowards, and for an unknow reason they are easy to cap. :)

c) The maximum amount of Yaki bases ingame is 5. Each 30min a new mobile base is spawned if the count is below 5. I guess you're right. It's a bit too much. I'll reduce that.

@arcana75 :

1) The game already adds the notoriety to the race if you kill Yakis in their sector :)

2) BBS news will be added as it's a part of the todo list.

---

Btw, the version 1.0 i'll publish this week will include some nice features, a guild system, and a mission generator.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 12:42

Lookin' good Serial... :P

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 14:16

That's great to hear, Serial.

And hmmm... joining the Armada! So u can gain rank with Yaki?

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 17:08

arcana75 wrote:That's great to hear, Serial.

And hmmm... joining the Armada! So u can gain rank with Yaki?
Rank, money, ships, and special missions, yes :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 19:56

This, and the DDRS mod make playing the 'Enemy of the State' scenario much more attractive. I'm looking forward to having more time to be a real bad-ass pirate....! :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”