[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 04:46

@Hieronymos :

a) Same here.

b) Yup, in fact it seems you're right. Yaki pirates are cowards, and for an unknow reason they are easy to cap. :)

c) The maximum amount of Yaki bases ingame is 5. Each 30min a new mobile base is spawned if the count is below 5. I guess you're right. It's a bit too much. I'll reduce that.

@arcana75 :

1) The game already adds the notoriety to the race if you kill Yakis in their sector :)

2) BBS news will be added as it's a part of the todo list.

---

Btw, the version 1.0 i'll publish this week will include some nice features, a guild system, and a mission generator.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 12:42

Lookin' good Serial... :P

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 14:16

That's great to hear, Serial.

And hmmm... joining the Armada! So u can gain rank with Yaki?

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 17:08

arcana75 wrote:That's great to hear, Serial.

And hmmm... joining the Armada! So u can gain rank with Yaki?
Rank, money, ships, and special missions, yes :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Kurios Kronou
x3

Post by Kurios Kronou » Mon, 13. Mar 06, 19:56

This, and the DDRS mod make playing the 'Enemy of the State' scenario much more attractive. I'm looking forward to having more time to be a real bad-ass pirate....! :D

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Sat, 18. Mar 06, 22:14

just trying this now, thanks

i only held off because i aint done plot yet, didnt want to spoil the yaki surprise.....but wot the hell :D
c) The maximum amount of Yaki bases ingame is 5. Each 30min a new mobile base is spawned if the count is below 5. I guess you're right. It's a bit too much. I'll reduce that.
i hope not :cry:

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Sun, 19. Mar 06, 07:53

alphalvr wrote:
i hope not :cry:
You could always ask him where the respawn rate is scripted (or check yourself) and tweak it up a little if you want more... :twisted:

[EDIT] Serial - I guess a little change to the timer script to inc/dec the number of TLs would do the trick, yes? (unsupported, change at own risk of course).

Cheers,

Rob.

alphalvr
x3ap

Post by alphalvr » Fri, 21. Apr 06, 17:49

any updates nearing completion :)

Factor X
x3

Post by Factor X » Fri, 28. Apr 06, 19:05

good to know :)

cant wait for those BBS news and player missions.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 31. May 06, 02:20

I'm seeing visions of a true X3 pirato-centric existence. Centred around Yaki Armada, but enhanced by the DDRS player shipyard (build yr own ships), and LV's HAT (the ultimate expensive capping program)...Combine that with Cycrow's Assassins Guild, and yummm.

Hope you've not lost interest Serial.

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Wed, 31. May 06, 17:11

I use this script and love it, however I recently started a new game with the Xtended Mod and for once I have not seen any Yaki Armada ships around, although I have only visited a fifth of the sectors so far in this new game. Do you or Mox or anyone else know if this script in anyway coflicts with the Xtended Mod?
Ill post the same to Mox in Xtended Mods thread when I get home later.

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 08:30

This script looks very cool. I will install it when the 1.0 version comes out!!

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 21:34

There's no conflict with Yaki Armada and the DDRS mod. YA is a plugin, uses stock vanilla shiptypes--shouldn't conflict with any mod.

It definitely needs to be used in conjunction with LV's Race Response Fleets script, otherwise Yaki raids will utterly devastate border or other lightly defended sectors. The plugin adds challenge to building up any players' commercial empire...as Yaki raids will take a steady toll on one's freighters and UT's. This will challenge players to adopt different strategies to expand economically. And as we know..challenge is good!

Unfortunately serial_kicked seems to've lost interest..and an utterly magnificent plugin is going unfinished..sigh..

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Thu, 1. Jun 06, 23:55

He`s not dead and he is still posting http://forum2.egosoft.com/search.php?se ... ial+Kicked
It looks like the Oblivion bug has got him. Someone could pm asking about the script.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 13. Jun 06, 18:02

No, i'm not dead, and, by the way

Yaki Armada 1.0 is finally out ! :)

Making a full list of the changes is next to impossible, but here's the main things.

- You can now configure a key (in the shorcut settings) to talk with yaki ships and mobile bases. Check the documentation and the first post of this topic about that.

- You can join the Yaki Armada, and gain rank and various bonuses in this guild by accomplishing various missions, some of those missions will only unlock when you reach a given rank. Moreover, the mobile base will be kind enough to tell you where they are to jump.

- Battle behaviours of the mobile base have been enhanced.

- All the major bugs from 0.91 have been corrected. Including the attack of neutral players, dead ships, spawning of too many yaki mobile bases, and more.

- And, oh, if you achieve the las rank of the guild, you will gain a nice and useful 'little' thing for your personal collection ;)

I hope you'll enjoy it.

By the way, it's not a pure "Final" release, so you may encounter small glitches and bugs. If so, please report them on the Bugtracker (do not forget to select the correct project) or on this topic and they will be corrected in the final edition. Thanks :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Dread
x3tc

Post by Dread » Tue, 13. Jun 06, 18:14

Yeehaa. Using Cycrows installer to update the prev version now. From I have just read it sounds good and definately adds a new option of gameplay that had been missing till now - to be a Norty Piwate :twisted:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 14. Jun 06, 04:31

Hehe :) I hope you'll like it, even if it still need some tuning.

Oops, by the way, i've just spotted a small text issue with one of the guild missions:

The mission is labeled as "take supplies at a station". But it should be called "Deliver important supplies to a station", as the goal is in fact to bring an important device to an agent in a given station. Not really a big deal but as it could be confusing if the player doesn't read the whole briefing message.

Anyway, for a realtime report on the plugin development, give a look at our bugtracker.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 00:48

Serial,
glad to hear you're not among the deceased. And the changes sound great. FYI, I read on another thread that you incorporated a 'weapons rebalance' in YA. Is this true? For some reason IonD's and PBE's--as well as many missles--don't work as they used to in my last few campaigns, and I'm wondering if this is due to YA. Please advise.

P.S. Just downloaded v1.0...which is sort of a beta, right? Was also wondering if relations and rep with regular pirates are changed with plugin. I.e., player rep with Yaki and pirates are still unlinked, right?

Oh,...and if you could let me know about weapon performance changes, if any, 'cause I'm going crazy trying to determine which script is messing with my game (as I'm involved in quite a few betatesting projects simultaneously). Thanks

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Thu, 15. Jun 06, 06:18

lol thanks, no i'm not dead ! :)

My Yaki ships use custom weapons including PSG and PBE, but it's only for the Yaki ships handled by my plugin. None of the other ships have this kind of upgrades.

Yup, 1.00 is a "Release candidate". It's not a "Beta", because most of the "serious" bugs have been removed. It just need some tuning. In other words, if you find some bugs i'll correct them to produce a "bugless" 1.0.1 Final and I won't add new features until i reach a 100% stable version.

Pirate rep is still unlinked with yaki rep. You can be a friend of the Yakis and be the worst enemy of the Pirates. It'll be updated when i'll release the Pirate Guild plugin for X3, relations will be much more complex in this case ;)

My script should not make any mess with your game. My coding is "clean" and should not interact with any mod or other plugin. EXCEPT if this mod/plugin remove the Yaki owned sector, or if this mod/plugin remove the "Pirate Mobile Base" model.

Btw, if you want my armada to be "decorative" in your universe, just join them and none of your ship will be attacked by them. If you want to be a pirate, join them and follow the mobile bases, you'll be able to gain a nice amount of money, special ships and rewards. And, finally, if you want to be a cop, kill the mobile bases to gain huge amounts of money :)

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 16. Jun 06, 20:44

1.00.rc2 is out !

This version correct a bug that prevents the player from talking with Yaki ships and mobile bases. Do not forget to go in your control panel to configure a key to communicate with my ships (as it's explained in the first post).

Some minor text issues have also been removed.

// Edit // It should not happen, but just in case:

If the ECS:Comm a ship/station still doesn't appear in your control panel, go in Artificial Life settings and set "ECS: Extended Communication System" to FALSE, wait 10 seconds, and set it back to TRUE.

Anarkis Gaming HQ

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”