[AL PLUGIN] Yaki Armada: Nomadic Pirate Tribe | v1.08 | 11 Oct 06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 16:51

Yes, theoretically the script COULD still be modified to insure that the target sector, for spawning or jumping, does actually exist, which is, I suspect tha problem, but I honestly don't know if SK is still about.

If I get around to it at some point, I may well look through the scripts myself and try to fix the bug... but I wouldn't have permission to upload it.

I'd have to post the code in a thread, I suppose, and advise other users to make the same alterations.

I'll take a look at some point, and see if I can determine a solution.

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 22:40

I sure hope so, this script really adds another dimension to the universe.

Only problem is, I seem to have found another 'bug'. It seems to be clashing with Nirwin's Sector Take over Script.
I took over my first sector a couple nights ago. Olmankestrat's Treaty, a Pirate sector. Strait away I started getting more pirates coming into the sector. But thats part of the takeover script. But last night the Yaki also joined in! I had that many Yaki MPB in my one sector that I lost count. And on a few occasions, more than one at a time! In fact often they would turn up repeatedly! Jump in, jump out, then back in again. Each time dumping loads of Yaki fighters, my sector Defenders were almost overwhelmed on several occasions. I had only factored in the increased Pirate activity. I lost an M6, and nearly lost my TL!
Luckily for me my HQ just gave birth to my second Hyperion. And because of the complexes I have I was able to shield and arm it to full capacity straight away.
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 23:26

Well, that's a more complex problem if it's a question of compatibility. I'm certainly not of a mind to rake through both SK and Nirwin's scripts to try and fix their overlaps/conflicts.

All I can suggest is, in future, don't try to annexe Yaki sectors.

However, one thing I MIGHT get around to doing, if/when I can be arsed, is finish a couple of station commands I had in mind, which will/may solve this problem.

They'll both be plugins for Docks/SYs(that'll include PHQ incidently), which may help out.

The first will be simple enough - Claim Sector. Quite simply, it will check who owns the sector, check if said Race has any stations I.S.(maybe Capital ships too, if I can be bothered enough), and if not - the sector's yours. Far simpler than the complexities of Sector Takeover, and the only investment required is the placement of one Dock or SY - greater choice than Sector Takeover, which only works with TradeDocks. And what use are they, compared to a PHQ or Shipyard?

Now of course, that won't stop the sector respawning of Ships and Stations... but I wrote another script which simply needs to be made into a Station command(again, usable at Docks and SYs), called "Thraxcorp Industrial Demolition Service"(TIDS for short, which sounds kinda cute, huh?). Accessible via Command Console of any Dock or SY, TIDS will quite simply demolish any non-Player rstation in the sector - PROVIDED you own that sector already. There will of course be a fee of like, 5 million per station or so.

Thus, you have to clear the sector of ships and stations first, and then place an SY, TrdDock, Eqdock or PHQ. That will allow you to claim the sector, and once you've done that, you can demolish any respawning stations any time.

Respawning ships, or ships trying to take back the sector however... you'll have to deal with yourself.

That's the theory. If/when it gets written will be precisely that - if and when. But we'll see. :)

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Thu, 18. Oct 07, 23:54

Aren't the Yaki Pirates and the regular Pirates supposed to be two different 'races'? Taking over a sectors controlled by the normal pirates should effect what the Yaki do. It's like taking over a Boron sector and being attacked by both Boron and Argon forces. :?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Thraxwhirl
x3ap

Post by Thraxwhirl » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 06:30

Yes, they're two different Races. Generally speaking, whenever I start up a new game(which I do frequently at present, as I'm trying to build up a mod compilation on my PC), I choose to ally with the Yaki but fight against the Pirates.

Next time around, I think I might ally with both(in the early stages at least), since my universe has a VERY powerful Xenon threat.

But yes, Pirates and Yaki are, or should be, entirely seperate.

Now, Gammel, and anyone else who's interested...

I'm afraid I don't bring good news regarding a fix for this game-wrecking bug(well, AL-Plugin-wrecking bug). For starters, Yaki Armada has 73 individual scripts to wade through; "count 'em if you will, I just know you won't," to quote Eddie Izzard.

*ahem, sorry*

No, but seriously, there are 73 different scripts.

Now it won't be too desperately onerous a task to flick through each one and look for entries of random sector application. A nussiance, but not impossible.

But the difficulty in sharing any fix I make is as thus... aside from the fact that I don't have te authority to upload a modified version of the Plugin, I don't really see any way that I can copy and paste the data into this thread. The other day, Nividium asked me to do that with a script I was writing(and which has a problem in it), and told me to open the script file with Internet Explorer, then copy the text into a post on this forum.

Well that was fine, and it worked, but I cannot get Internet Explorer to open and view any of the 73 scripts that make up Yaki Armada. It just won't do it.

My guess(though this is a guess) is that it has something to do with the compression and decrompession processes undertaken with Cycrow's Installer. My scripts you see, have never been compiled into .spks, but this lot have.

My only hope is that opening one(or more) in the game's Script Editor, making an alteration and then saving again, will result in said script(s) being saved in their "native" form or whatever - hopefully a form which Internet Explorer can read, but until I have a chance to try it, I annot give a guarantee.

Just thought I should let you know.

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Fri, 19. Oct 07, 15:16

The 1.09 version scripts open up just fine for me in Explorer.

Starting hunt....
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Diablos
x3tc

Post by Diablos » Wed, 12. Dec 07, 11:36

Has any body managed to get any where with the spawning insector null problems?

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 12. Dec 07, 16:35

...you are opening the XML files, right? Just open them from the x3/scripts directory, there's no reason to muck about with the SPK.

thebattler35

Post by thebattler35 » Fri, 18. Jan 08, 22:30

Both DL links seem to be dead now.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Tue, 3. Jun 08, 04:40

This is still available from Xai-corps site
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Fri, 3. Oct 08, 04:38

thebattler35 wrote:Both DL links seem to be dead now.
Im having the same problem. Going to check the Xai - Corp sites now. :)

Gah! Just realised this is a necro... =[

Fred45

Post by Fred45 » Fri, 10. Oct 08, 17:51

Did someone found a solution for this (bug) massive Yaki migration from their sector to Kingdom End ?

Or we just have to garbage the script ? and forget.

I am running X3 full patched + BP + XTM 7.4

Thanks n brgds
Fred45

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 10. Oct 08, 18:28

I wouldn't expect any updates any more, unless someone is willing to fix it with the authorization of the author, of course.

Fred45

Post by Fred45 » Fri, 10. Oct 08, 18:44

Thanks Jeff for the quick reply; so I'll garbage the script.

And I will not try the Pirate Guild.

Brgds
Fred45

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 10. Oct 08, 19:29

I do think it's a real shame that these bugs haunt these two scripts. I mean the ideas are great and I've used both of them for a long time, but because of the bugs I decided to remove them.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 11. Oct 08, 20:51

Hi everyone :)

Beeing cut off from the Internet doesn't help answering people. I'm still developping from time to time on this game, but not as much as i was used to (lack of interest, time, and i'm definitively tired of the awful user interface).

Anyway, Thraxwhirl and anyone else willing to alter/use my files, you have my permission. This include Yaki Armada, Pirate Guild and any other script i've made so far.

About the "KE Bug" in YA. Iirc, the script doesn't simply choose a random sector coordinate. There's a 'findsector' script somewhere in the files used to select a sector. The issue is it sometimes return "null" as a result (no good sector found) and the ships all goes to the 'null' sector (coord 0,0 = Kingdom End). The correct fix would be to cancel the jump or use a random sector as the jump/navigation coordinate when we get a null result from the function.

Btw i know there's a bug related with the appearence of the 'true' Yakis ingame (or the respawn of dead ships, not sure) causing massive Yaki ship spamming if i recall correctly.

PG 0.95 has an annoying bug related to pirate patrol ship spamming, issues with relations, issues with pirate trading ships and other more minor ECC related exploits. All of them corrected in 0.96 (which isn't Ponline now). plus a bunch of unfinished features, partially implemented (mostly _not_ included in 0.96 :p)

So, you can send me a mail, and i'll give you latest versions. If you have any scriptcode related question, ask there: serialkicked - at - gmail.com
I don't check it very often but still much more often than the board :)

Cheers
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

lardons
x3

Post by lardons » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 02:34

Enjoying those dead links like a suicide bommer.

alex0002tw

Post by alex0002tw » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 20:35

the link is dead :(

Scruffin_Fruitcake

Post by Scruffin_Fruitcake » Thu, 17. Nov 11, 13:41

Is it because the sector is called 'Kingdom End' that a million of Yaki decided to give up their nomadic extince there? :D

Will they disappear if I uninstall Yaki Armada? Indeed, to bad, as I was enjoying shooting the crap out of those mobile bases of theirs...
1 Iguana Vanguard vs. 1000 Yaki Fujin???

Hariwulf
xr

Post by Hariwulf » Mon, 9. Apr 18, 16:04

Link is totally dead
Hariwulf

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”