[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network V1.20 : Updated 09/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:45

The messages are driving me crazy. Is the only way to reduce them to take the ASAT off the SEWN network?
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:53

you only get messages every 10 minutes from each satalite if theres any enemy ships in range.

if you have them in a ssector where there is always enemey ships, then u will get alot of messages, but then, this is pretty pointless, as theres no need to be warned about ships if you know there are always enemy ships there.

u can of course configure the satalites so it only detects certain classes of ships, this will reduce the number of messages

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 06:11

Hello Cycrow, I'm having trouble with the replacement contract functionality. After buying a contract in a sector, and having a SEWN enabled satellite destroyed, nothing seems to happen for me.

I have verified that SEWN replacement is enabled in the AL settings. I have made sure that the satellites are on the SEWN network. I have the necessary funds. And I have tried destroying satellites that existed before buying a contract as well as satellites deployed and added to the network after buying the contract in that sector. Nothing seems to help.

However, perhaps I'm being too impatient? The first occurence of this was about one game day ago. And my most recent testing was only a game hour or so ago. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edit: I've left it on 10x SETA for an additional 90 minutes with no replacements occuring, so I suspect something really is going wrong for me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 18:32

have u made sure u have the contract in the right sector ?

ie if you sign a contract, its for that sector only.

also, when they get replaced, a ship will be launched from the nearest station to drop it off, it can take an hour or so for this to start

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 20:36

have u made sure u have the contract in the right sector ?
Most definately. And, just to be sure it "took", I brought up the contract list and it confirmed I had contacts in both sectors where I've had destroyed SEWN sats. (I'm fairly careful before posting problems that I've investigated any possible error on my own part, but you never know and are certainly right to have checked.)
also, when they get replaced, a ship will be launched from the nearest station to drop it off, it can take an hour or so for this to start
Okay, thanks. I read through the shipreplace script and I suspected that was how it worked, but I've not done any X scripting so I couldn't tell for sure how it was supposed to work. I'm fairly certain what you describe is not happening as I left it on 10x SETA for 90 minutes and just watched.

Perhaps of note, both times I've had SEWN sats destroyed I was in-sector. (First time was by enemies in Argon Prime, second by myself in another contracted sector for my own testing.)

While I've done no X scripting, I'm a programmer, so I think I'll see what I can do if you have no immediate ideas. I was thinking of putting in some debug messages in al.sewn.timer and plugin.sewn.shipreplace (once I figure out the syntax for debug output) to see what might be causing the problem.

All the other functionality of the SEWN is working fine and, when all else failed, I did try toggling the AL setting for satellite replacement off and on, which did not help. Thanks again.

Edit: Okay, reading the X2 MSCI I found what I need for debug logging (I assume it's the same in X3), so I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong sometime today.

Meco
x3

Post by Meco » Wed, 24. Jan 07, 19:24

It's my first time (ever) trying a script for X-Universe. But when I got wind of this one I knew it was exactly what I needed.

Install went smooth via your installer Cycrow, and the the script loaded with no problems. Usage was simple once I read the website tutorial.

Great stuff all around. :D

Am I hooked on scripts?

You betcha.. :twisted:

Im now looking at adding the tractor beam trader script by Cycrow.

These tools sure bring X-3 beyond life.

You da man. :o

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 8. Feb 07, 06:18

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. How the hell do you stop it, or even reverse it?

I saw an advert for this satellite deployment thing in the trade station in Elena's Fortune, i think, but anyway, i can't remember exactly what i picked, but it asked me something as far as i can remember in regards to how many? or something, i made sure i chose something small, like 1 or 2, thinking this would allow me to deploy only two Advanced Sats in sectors of my choosing. But! To my extreme dismay i now have satellite coverage of 39%! I had hardly any money to start off with, now, whenever i begin to make profit, the damn satellites keep deploying in new sectors, and i am constantly leeched of funds. i can't seem to find a way to terminate this, i even picked up one of the sats in my M3 hoping to sell it, and it was immediately replaced!

i tried turning off the SEWN replacement in AL, but no luck! This is going to take me bloody ages to sell all the sats in sectors i rarely venture into.

PS: no matter where i am, what sector i'm in, even the one i signed the contract in, upon pressing the view contract hotkey (v) it tells me i have no contracts, even when i'm sure i do.
Please help!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 00:39

are you sure the satalite deployment is not from another script ?

the one from SEWN only works in the sector your in and only replaces satlites that u already have, it wont create new ones.

as for the choises it doesn't have one, just a simple, yes.

have u looked here ? http://x3.ircwhore.co.uk/Scripts/sewn/

it tells u how it works and how to control it.

if the message u got on the BBS was different to that, then its not this script it must be something else

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 03:32

hmm, yeah i'm pretty sure it's yours, and i checked that page before i downloaded it. also i've looked up all the other satellite deployment scripts and none of them fit the bill. and as far as i know i don't have any others.

Although! I was given the option of whether i want to deploy a navsat or an advanced sat, does yours give this option?

Minsc

Post by Minsc » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 11:59

I think Cycrows script only use advanced satellite sat becouse I have it and if I whant to add a satellite to the enemy detection system then it has to be an advanced satellite (standard satellites cant be used for enemy detection).
:?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 13:01

yeah thats correct, it only uses advanced satallites, so it wont give u that choise.

but like i said, you have to do it per sector, so if u sign up for one it will only replace satallites in that sector and not create others in different sectors

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 16:36

Ah, bugger, i do apologize Cycrow :\ I wasted your time.

I just found the BBS entry immediately after i installed your script and therefore was convinced it was yours. as well as the fact i don't have any others S:

Does the game have one standard/official for deploying sats?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Feb 07, 21:06

not afaik, unless its part of station manager in the bonus pack ?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 10. Feb 07, 15:13

hmm, if it was signed i would hope egosoft would have been foresighted enough to ensure it has an obvious and easy way of putting a stop to it.

Well, i came up with a work around, basically, the script waits until you get 55K, then steals it from you. So, i just divide up all my money between my stations so i always have just under 50K, this actually does a number on my freighters attached to those stations as they see the stations as having loads of profit and thus cease work a lot. (I have over 1 million so it's quite a lot to keep at each station). the majority though is at the HQ, it seems logical.

And just to keep you all updated, i'm at 66% coverage of the whole galaxy.

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 00:33

Hi, I've just started using this script no too long ago and it's a really cool and handy script; however, there seems to be a "bug", or unintended error =/

I am also currently using the Friendly Pirates script, hence I am on "friendly" terms with the pirates. The satellite I've assigned to detect enemies doesn't seem to think so. I've gotten warning messages from Black Hole Sun and Getsu Fune, when I checked, there weren't any enemies on the map. But there was pirates =/ The same condition was present in both sector; everytime an enemy-sighting was reported, there were only the pirates =/

It's either detecting the pirates or it's detecting things out of satellite's scanner range.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 01:11

its detecting the pirates.

it doesn't actually check the enemy status of the ships just thier presents.

i'll have to look at adding these checks in so it works with the friendly pirates script

reinhart_menken

Post by reinhart_menken » Tue, 13. Feb 07, 01:47

I was guessing that the script checks for "vanilla enemies" instead of relations, and I was hoping you would be kind enough to add that :):P

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 22:13

added in a check for enemy ships, so if u have friendly pirates, it should ignore them.

NeoSeether
x2

Post by NeoSeether » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 23:15

Er, maybe it's just me, but there aren't any scripts included in the package...
Now, return to the void, in the midst of this infinite light!
AIN SOPH AUR... DEAD END SHOOT!!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 9. Mar 07, 23:27

try it again now

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”