[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network V1.20 : Updated 09/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Blueman
x3tc

Post by Blueman » Mon, 15. May 06, 15:00

isn't it a idea to add a new software: auto protect universe.

So it will be limited to the satilites and if they spotted a pirate they wil automatically jump to the target and destroy it and go to the next target.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Update 1.02

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 23. May 06, 00:43

ok, new version available

added configuration hotkey to select what type of ships the satalite detects

mikt6
x3

Post by mikt6 » Fri, 26. May 06, 04:28

Im having a problem getting this script working properly. I added all the satellites I have to the 'SEWN' and set a hotkey for it. I selected 'all ships' in the message the hotkey sends to me. But the 'SEWN' doesnt ever warn me of pirates in any sector. Is there something else I have to do? Ive even had pirates take out a sector trader in a sector that is part of the 'SEWN' with no warning.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. May 06, 05:56

no thats all you should need to do, ill take a look at it, might be a simple mistake i've made somewhere

JabbatheHutt
x3

Post by JabbatheHutt » Fri, 26. May 06, 21:59

mikt6 wrote:Im having a problem getting this script working properly. I added all the satellites I have to the 'SEWN' and set a hotkey for it. I selected 'all ships' in the message the hotkey sends to me. But the 'SEWN' doesnt ever warn me of pirates in any sector. Is there something else I have to do? Ive even had pirates take out a sector trader in a sector that is part of the 'SEWN' with no warning.
well with me it is the other way around - I set the warning to only capital ships but i receive messages about all pirate ships m5+

but in my case I think something is wrong - I can´t configure the freight beamer upgrade with ahotkey and when I recently uninstalled the system override software and installed the claim salvage software i started to have some problems like 2 hotkeys "claim ship" to configure. I uninstalled slavage software and reinstalled system override and it was working.
Yesterday i uninstalled X3, installed again, patched to 1.4.0.3, installed all scripts again also the system override and while loading a save game I had always CTD´s. I could start a new game but no save game. Solution was to uninstall system override and to install salvage claim software and problem solved.

... but the satellites still warn about all pirate ships...so don´t know is there a connection... :? :?
What matters is not the size of a warrior in a fight, it is the size of the fight in the warrior - Cartoon Network

JabbatheHutt
x3

Post by JabbatheHutt » Fri, 26. May 06, 23:11

I forgot.....I had the Satellite limited trader script installed...never used it but even after uninstalling it the options still appears.... :?
What matters is not the size of a warrior in a fight, it is the size of the fight in the warrior - Cartoon Network

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 27. May 06, 14:21

ok, fixed the problem with it not detecting ships

God-Demis
xr

Post by God-Demis » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 07:56

When a satelite detects a ship I get a message in the log'' Your satelite in XXX has detected an enemy ships''. Could you correct it and make it say...an enemy ship, or ...detected enemy ships?Not ...an enemy ships.
''Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly''

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 1. Aug 06, 17:07

you can simply correct it by editing the text file and changing the text

God-Demis
xr

Post by God-Demis » Wed, 2. Aug 06, 07:52

yes,I know I can edit and correct,but I thought it was right to inform the owner of the script.
''Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly''

Syphen
x4

Post by Syphen » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 05:07

Does this deploy the sats too? It would be cool if you could write an amendment to the script or a new one to deploy sats too. The other two that i see i've used and they both caused crashes for me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Nov 06, 06:55

it doesn't deply satalites.

i was planning on making one on the bbs when you can by a contract for a sector and they will maintain the satalite for you, so if it gets destroyed, they will replace it. But i never got round to doing it

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

New Update

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 26. Nov 06, 23:06

New update 1.10

Includes a satalite replacement services and per satalite configuration

alexdefelice
x4

Post by alexdefelice » Sat, 2. Dec 06, 19:40

Cycrow you never cease to amaze. This is exactly what I needed. Cheers.
It's like paradise, spread out with a butter knife.

Streaks
x3

Post by Streaks » Sat, 9. Dec 06, 09:03

Does the satellite replacement service put your satellite exactly where you deploy them?

I deploy my satellites in the middle of the sector based on the ecliptic projector's plane

bunk
x3

Post by bunk » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:45

The messages are driving me crazy. Is the only way to reduce them to take the ASAT off the SEWN network?
Player of computer space games since 1975!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 10. Jan 07, 15:53

you only get messages every 10 minutes from each satalite if theres any enemy ships in range.

if you have them in a ssector where there is always enemey ships, then u will get alot of messages, but then, this is pretty pointless, as theres no need to be warned about ships if you know there are always enemy ships there.

u can of course configure the satalites so it only detects certain classes of ships, this will reduce the number of messages

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 06:11

Hello Cycrow, I'm having trouble with the replacement contract functionality. After buying a contract in a sector, and having a SEWN enabled satellite destroyed, nothing seems to happen for me.

I have verified that SEWN replacement is enabled in the AL settings. I have made sure that the satellites are on the SEWN network. I have the necessary funds. And I have tried destroying satellites that existed before buying a contract as well as satellites deployed and added to the network after buying the contract in that sector. Nothing seems to help.

However, perhaps I'm being too impatient? The first occurence of this was about one game day ago. And my most recent testing was only a game hour or so ago. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Edit: I've left it on 10x SETA for an additional 90 minutes with no replacements occuring, so I suspect something really is going wrong for me.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 18:32

have u made sure u have the contract in the right sector ?

ie if you sign a contract, its for that sector only.

also, when they get replaced, a ship will be launched from the nearest station to drop it off, it can take an hour or so for this to start

Greg_G
xr

Post by Greg_G » Sun, 14. Jan 07, 20:36

have u made sure u have the contract in the right sector ?
Most definately. And, just to be sure it "took", I brought up the contract list and it confirmed I had contacts in both sectors where I've had destroyed SEWN sats. (I'm fairly careful before posting problems that I've investigated any possible error on my own part, but you never know and are certainly right to have checked.)
also, when they get replaced, a ship will be launched from the nearest station to drop it off, it can take an hour or so for this to start
Okay, thanks. I read through the shipreplace script and I suspected that was how it worked, but I've not done any X scripting so I couldn't tell for sure how it was supposed to work. I'm fairly certain what you describe is not happening as I left it on 10x SETA for 90 minutes and just watched.

Perhaps of note, both times I've had SEWN sats destroyed I was in-sector. (First time was by enemies in Argon Prime, second by myself in another contracted sector for my own testing.)

While I've done no X scripting, I'm a programmer, so I think I'll see what I can do if you have no immediate ideas. I was thinking of putting in some debug messages in al.sewn.timer and plugin.sewn.shipreplace (once I figure out the syntax for debug output) to see what might be causing the problem.

All the other functionality of the SEWN is working fine and, when all else failed, I did try toggling the AL setting for satellite replacement off and on, which did not help. Thanks again.

Edit: Okay, reading the X2 MSCI I found what I need for debug logging (I assume it's the same in X3), so I'll see if I can figure out what's going wrong sometime today.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”