[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network V1.20 : Updated 09/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 4. Jul 07, 23:02

the current system is basically that you pay a maintance fee for the sector, and that basically includes insurance to cover the costs of replacement sats.

so the price will be the same for a different number of satalites.

the main thing your paying for is the company to keep an eye on the satlites and to pay for the maintance ships

the replacement is a kind of bonus

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 16:38

Hey Cycrow, downloaded your script but have run into an odd problem:

The installer can't install it, keeps telling me - "Unable to open script package"

I've re-downloaded it several times with the same problem, any ideas?

(I'm using v1.86 of your install by the way)

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 16:59

Sahvion wrote:Hey Cycrow, downloaded your script but have run into an odd problem:

The installer can't install it, keeps telling me - "Unable to open script package"

I've re-downloaded it several times with the same problem, any ideas?

(I'm using v1.86 of your install by the way)
you need v2 of the installer to install his scripts now.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 17:27

I see...

Wasn't aware there was an update (I don't come on here that often)

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 07:39

Cycrow,

Is there any way to modify your script to add Pirate bases or Xenon Stations.

Reason I ask is I am trying to determine if we can kill/push the 12 vanilla pirate bases into the new XTM sectors. Also I "seem" to be having Xenon Station respawning into vanilla sectors after a kill.

Wondering, if I learned how to modify it , I could then just wait to see if/where they respawn and not have to kill one at a time and then search for him, not knowing when he'll show up. Would it be as simple as adding the right object type to the right place in your script?

If it's possible, just let me know and I'll keep learning code to do it. If it's not feasible at all then let me know and I'll keep manually killing one at a time.

Thanks

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 14:32

it wasn't really designed for stations, but u should be able to modifiy it to find them.

just change the ship search commands to station ones instead and it should work.

however, i do also have my pirate base locator script that can find pirate bases for you

spoidz
x3tc

Post by spoidz » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 15:05

Cycrow,

Thanks for the help.

Yes, I use the Pirate Base locator as well, but I'd still have to keep running it until the base respawns and hope to catch it. With SEWN I thought I'd get the hit as soon as it was seen and I could work faster killing/pushing.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 16:42

u can llok at the pirate base locator scripts, that should show u how to detect stations, then just add it to SEWN, it should be fairly easy to add it in

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Thu, 6. Sep 07, 21:54

Quick question, am I supposed to hear "Autopilot Activated" every time I add or remove a satellite?

I'm wondering if it's possible to move the "Add Satellites" menu to appear under Navigation instead? If it's a small change what do I need to change? Something about nav sats being under Combat doesn't sit right with me :)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Sun, 16. Sep 07, 13:31

@Cycrow....Using your scripts and loving them..Thanks 4 your dedication 2 the scene...Request: SEWN...I need to know what script to modify so that the network will send an alert to me when an "abandoned ship" shows up in the network...I use the salvage scripts heavy and would love to be notified when there is a bail....Thanks :)

:D Never Mind..I figured it out..I edited Plugin.Sewn.Validship and Plugin.Sewn.Running..Now I have the best salvage network going! Now the network will let me know when an abandoned ship is floating in the sector, which has the duel effect of telling me there are invaders as well...No more accessing the salvage network the "old" way and loosing my plotted course when doing it! Now when they bail, I know about it through SEWN!
X3..The most fun a man can have...With his clothes on.

ifhh
x3

Post by ifhh » Tue, 2. Oct 07, 16:20

@Cycrow:

Thanks for this wonderful script!

I have a little issue with the BBS messages not showing up to establish a contract to replace satellites in sectors with an advanced satellite. Any idea why this could happen? In addition to your script I have the X3 Bonuspackage installed and the official mod for the cockpits. Have I to search the stations in the sector for a BBS that has the message or should it be on any BBS?

@Pogi:

Could you please share how you changed Plugin.Sewn.Validship and Plugin.Sewn.Running to be notified of salvagable ships?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 2. Oct 07, 18:11

hmmm...i really would like to use this new dual use network...care to share it with us pogi? (email it to me, ill PM u my email when needed, id really like to try it)

altho if Cycrow is ok with you uploading it to share that would also be great :)

Sounds like a useful tool too...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 19:40

Sorry guys I was not following this post...Hmmmm, from memory I just went into those scripts and had it look for things "neutral" instead of hostile and for ships with "command none". Basically what you end up with is a network that tells you when they have bailed.

On a side note: Using Bail Signal Ext...Many times when they bail they are still destroyed, so I get a warning of that as well, because they turn "neutral" and have "command none" the split second before they are destroyed.

Actually, if Cycrow could be convinced to alter this script and submit a second version of it for this use, I think it would be another standard in the community. My method works if you like to tinker, but with as much popularity as Bail Signal Ext has in the community, a Cycrow version would be much nicer to have.

Another advantage I have discovered when I did this:...Now I do not have to goto Special/check salvage network..(very annoying to me because it goes to auto-pilot off and I lose my course) ..Now the network tells me what is going on and I can just goto the galaxy map and see if it is worth my effort or not...Happy Trails :D

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 21:02

hey pogi...can i try yourse (assumeing you can make it .XSP format?) I think id be content with what u did...

I to dislike the "auto-pilot off" bit my self and yourse sounds like u got around that which is what I want :)...ill PM u my email so u can send it thier :)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 22:24

XSP Format...Don't have that, just plain ole Vanilla X3 :D

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 22:32

i ment the script but if u send the files to me (when u can) ill repackage them as a second version and upload (if possible and if cy allows it)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Wed, 3. Oct 07, 22:42

I don't personally think that re-packaging them and submitting them to the community is a good idea. I spent maybe 15 minutes editing a couple of files..He spent..Well I don't know, but a hell of a lot longer..I think out of respect for his hard work, it would best to let him think about modifying his script package and submitting a new one with this feature first, rather than letting a couple of hacked files float around that I edited...I told you and others the files I edited to get this to work, I think now it is best that you edit them yourselves...We "are" here to learn are we not?. It is not a hard edit, just go through the files in game and think about what the lines are asking the script to do and what to look for.....Happy Trails

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 4. Oct 07, 00:47

ill look at adding a captured ship sensor as well, and add menu options to use it, when i get chance to

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Thu, 4. Oct 07, 01:08

minor issue pogi...i havent taken any programming classes reciently...and I dont feel like trying to read thoes things in notepad or some other program like notepad (and im not sure what file to open either)

Pogi
x2

Post by Pogi » Thu, 4. Oct 07, 01:15

@defiant1..Please read what Cycrow just posted above...Patience is a virtue :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”