[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network V1.20 : Updated 09/03/2007

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Tue, 22. Jul 08, 20:11

Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 15:07

Would it be possible to make an adaptation such that any satelites placed in a sector automatically join the network. I personally like the old satallite deployment script with it's box of 8 satallites, it's rare i have to plug extras in to increase the viewing range (only on misshaped sectors) but don't like having to add them all manually.
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Andr3as
x3tc

Post by Andr3as » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 18:30

Hi guys,

i have the following Problem: My advanced satellite in Ore Belt is destroyed and the satellite would not be replaced by the script. I was waiting about 2 hours and no ship started to replace the destroyed satellite. I made two tests, first i placed a satellite in the middle of the sector and then i signed the replacement contract. The secound way i signed the contract and then i placed a satellite. In both cases the destroyed satellite will not be replaced.
Can someone help? I'm running X³ vanilla (german) with the actual patches.
Thanks,

Andy

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Sat, 26. Jul 08, 21:12

Tritous wrote:Would it be possible to make an adaptation such that any satelites placed in a sector automatically join the network. I personally like the old satallite deployment script with it's box of 8 satallites, it's rare i have to plug extras in to increase the viewing range (only on misshaped sectors) but don't like having to add them all manually.
I was doing that "box" effect for a while in my early games, but then I got totally fed up with the idea of running ships around to a half dozen points within a sector (big ones, especially) and dropping a whole collection of sats.

So I...erm...cheated a little. :oops: In my game, I tweaked the config files for the Advanced Satellite scanning range, multiplying it several times, so it now has a range of, oh, about 100km! Big enough to fill the screen in even the large sectors. Not something I recommand for the faint of heart, but if you get so completely tired of the miniscule range they normally have (and how often they usually die, anyway), this is the answer.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Sun, 27. Jul 08, 00:01

i have a sat deployment script. very very neat and tidy, avoids hostile sectors, goes hunting for satellites, etc.

there are only really three problems with it. It's independant of the SEWN so it cant auto sign it on. 2: when waiting for a station to produce more, to find more places that need sats, etc, it just sits in space (and is a khaak target), 3: while I like a box of 8 sats each just in range of the others nearest, that isnt often big enough for big sectors, and there arent enough fabs :P

Otherwise it's nice, but it's asking to be linked into SEWN
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 13:33

jumbled wrote:So I...erm...cheated a little. :oops: In my game, I tweaked the config files for the Advanced Satellite scanning range, multiplying it several times, so it now has a range of, oh, about 100km! Big enough to fill the screen in even the large sectors. Not something I recommand for the faint of heart, but if you get so completely tired of the miniscule range they normally have (and how often they usually die, anyway), this is the answer.
In what file should I look for changing the range? (is it in tships?)

thnx.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 14:01

its in globals.txt

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 15:18

Thanks for the fast reply, found it.

masterw3
x4

Enemy Report, increase message alert frequency duration?

Post by masterw3 » Fri, 22. Aug 08, 17:25

-----------so to Summarize my question into a single SHORT line:-----------
Is it possible for me to increase the time between alerts/messages within this mod somehow?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---- "the LONG version"... ---

my issue is I hear the message that enemy is in sector.. but i hear it a dozen times getting there... and another dozen during the dogfight... and it's flooding my messages...
i LOVE the plugin, it works perfectly the way i wanted one to.
but i would like to know if it's possible for me to increase the message repeat time.. i don't know the duration between messages/alerts.. but i'd like to increase it by a factor of 2 or 3 times...
is this possible?
if not, that's ok, it's just these Xenon suddenly decided that it's hunting season... and I'm the prey... i'm about to try and tow a station in front of the xenon gates and say "Take THAT you FIENDS !!"

though i guess i COULD just turn off the satelite there... but i hate it when they get through and start trashing the universe...

Schabernack

Post by Schabernack » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 15:49

i want to use gazz's satelite deployment script combined with yours. Is there a compatibility issue because of your satelite replacement service?
How to deactivate it so it doesn't show up?(i don't like redundancy)
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future
tc-ap minimax

MitchellExplorer

???

Post by MitchellExplorer » Sun, 30. May 10, 16:23

What's with the pricing of the replacement service? I just lost over 2M puff!
I have counted all the prices, which script says are true, but doesn't add up. My expenses with replacement service are exactly 8424 cr a tazura/day (or so the script says...) and if I count that multiplied by 30 - I'd say it's close to a wazura/month and that makes 252720cr.

1) I haven't even played with these expenses 1 wazura game time
2) I have no other expenses so I can check money loss very efficiently
3) When I lost that 2067709cr - I should have played like 8 wazuras game time - all happened today in some 3 hrs.
4) Somethings really wrong with the scripts calculations

I bet there hasn't even been any exact calculations of how much the real costs will be when making this mod - I think I have proven it.

So now I have two choices - visit all sectors with my satellites and remove contract (like I wouldn't have visited them when I waited and docked and waited and docked for those bbs contract messages which are rarely available) or just let the script rob me hhmm...

I really can't recommend the mod to any1 sorry

dycantos

No way to download

Post by dycantos » Sat, 2. Sep 17, 08:07

I just reinstalled X3 and wanted to get this mod but the both the main and the mirror are down I'm not sure if anyone will read but hopefully you will

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 2. Sep 17, 11:14

I fixed the main webpage link.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”