deleted crap from mod guide thread

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Serial Kicked
x3tc

deleted crap from mod guide thread

Post by Serial Kicked » Fri, 18. Aug 06, 15:48

Edit LV was here!

Hard not to be biased for me. But i think that voxol made a very good summary.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Calebharrington
x3

Ship Mods/Scripts?

Post by Calebharrington » Fri, 18. Aug 06, 18:35

Ok I am a real newb to this whole modding/scripts thing so excuse me if I say something stupid. Anyways I was just looking for mods/scripts that ADD IN brand spankin' new ships to the game (new models/turrets/etc.). I have had no luck finding these and maybe I am just looking in the wrong place but if anyone has/made a script/mod that adds in brand new ships I would appreciate it if you could post a download link here pls. I am ESPECIALLY interested in Capital Ships, primarily destroyers and carriers (TLs dont interest me) but I am looking for any sort of new ships.

Thx in advance
---Caleb

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 16:39

The Community Mod/Script Index is Stickied to the top of the forum

Almost the Entire Scripts and Mods are listed there with links to their Threads,
There is also a Game Resource list of What Game resources are used by which script or mod

since Polls are limited to '10' Options (I think?) for all of them to be rated is somewhat difficult

theres was a post no to long ago about Which mods and scripts should be signed
a simple method was used to create a artificial poll

i.e

Code: Select all

Xtended Mod - [1]
DDRS - [0]
XFP - [0]
Firelance - [0]
The next poster would copy and paste the Code above in to their post and add to which they want to vote for.

the last post would have the most upto date ratings :wink:

eventually you'd have something like this:

Code: Select all

Xtended Mod - [84]
DDRS - [62]
XFP - [76]
Firelance - [52]
:P

If someone could be bothered to add all the scripts and mods into a list and then post you could do almost the same ;)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Which Mod Should I Download Guide

Post by LV » Wed, 23. Aug 06, 20:30

Multiple threads merged on this current repeat subject
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

freiman
x2

Which Scripts should I load and use?

Post by freiman » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 17:01

Guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or a waste of your time.

I am considering using scripts in my game.

I have never loaded or used a script before, but I am getting to that "end of game" phase, where you are looking around and thinking "what have I not done yet?"

I know that there are some scripts that add particular things to the game, either things that were there in x2 (like cockpits) or entirely new things.

I would love to add some stuff to the game, and I don't know how to do it, or what to add. I can get help on the first part (how to add it), but I figured that the wizards in scripts and modding would be the ones to ask on the second (what to add).

For my part, I actually really miss the Mandalays, Bayamons and Orinocos.

I am not particularly interested in automation scripts, or cheat scripts, and i don't want the universe to come apart (like having the borons attack another race or whatever).

I don't really want the cockpits back, but other than that, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

freiman

leloa
x3

Re: Which Scripts should I load and use?

Post by leloa » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 17:05

freiman wrote:Guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, or a waste of your time.

I am considering using scripts in my game.

I have never loaded or used a script before, but I am getting to that "end of game" phase, where you are looking around and thinking "what have I not done yet?"

I know that there are some scripts that add particular things to the game, either things that were there in x2 (like cockpits) or entirely new things.

I would love to add some stuff to the game, and I don't know how to do it, or what to add. I can get help on the first part (how to add it), but I figured that the wizards in scripts and modding would be the ones to ask on the second (what to add).

For my part, I actually really miss the Mandalays, Bayamons and Orinocos.

I am not particularly interested in automation scripts, or cheat scripts, and i don't want the universe to come apart (like having the borons attack another race or whatever).

I don't really want the cockpits back, but other than that, what do you guys recommend?

Thanks,

freiman
use program script installer

Kraven Kor
x3ap

So, new player, mods / scripts just a *little* confusing...

Post by Kraven Kor » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 22:18

Not so much on the "how to install them" but rather on the "what to install."

Anyone got a good list of mods / scripts to download for a n00b looking to mostly do fighting? I'm mostly worried about mod conflicts and such, and am looking into things like the "Commerce Agent" for my ST's and UT's.
"The will to be stupid is a very powerful force." - Miles Vorkosigan

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 22:57

personally I'd forget about the mods until you've experienced the original game a bit more.

TeveT
x3

what mods to download?

Post by TeveT » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 21:12

hi everyone.

I just got X3 from my brother.

I been on this site before and checked all the scripts and such.
but they are so many. and I have a hard time to take it all in as a newcommer to the game and the scripting.

so my question is if you more experienced people could maybe point me in the right direction of a few good and 'musy have' scripts/mods/add-ons.

I know this is a rather general question. but I realy need the help.

I will roam the forums some to try to get some more info myself but I leave this post as I hope to get a few pointers on the way =)

thanks in advance.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 10. Nov 06, 21:33

try looking through this most which i've merge it into.

also, as 2.0 has just come out, some of the larger mods will no longer be compatable, so u'll have to wait for them to be updated.

most if not all scripts should still work however

Derakarsis
x3

Just Reinstalled

Post by Derakarsis » Thu, 12. Apr 07, 21:29

So, I just reinstalled X3 with a new machine etc... I was wondering if theres a collection of scripts and mods they community view's as "Staple/must have" to get the maximum experience out of X3 (The game how it should have been released/maxium functionality)

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Thu, 12. Apr 07, 21:48

the search function is there for a reason!!! :roll:
and i wonder why the top most thread in the forum is never even looked at :shock:

take a look through the Sticky and see what tickles for fancy

and here. where all these types of threads (i.e. "Which Script...") get merged into

blazer1121

What is the best mod for X3? I want to know for when I get it in the future

Post by blazer1121 » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 02:13

I just want to know I you peoples opinions what is the best X3 mod since i am planning on getting X3 in the near future i wanted to have a good idea of what mods i should get for it.

Derakarsis
x3

Post by Derakarsis » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 02:25

I've been through the stickies, I was looking for opinions from the player base, not another hunt through the piles and piles of "This mod changes a button color"

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 13. Apr 07, 13:09

this entire thread is about the opinions of other players as to what they use

holtmart
x3tc

scripts/mods

Post by holtmart » Thu, 10. May 07, 16:46

can someone give me links to some good scripts/mods i dont know what i should take... its so many of them i dont know witch of them that are good

holtmart
x3tc

Post by holtmart » Thu, 10. May 07, 17:41

ah i already have that

PhantomDG1
x3tc

Post by PhantomDG1 » Thu, 10. May 07, 17:43

Then my young apprentice...

The world of scripting, you are on your way to !

:D

Phantom

Airship
x3tc

A sea of scripts?

Post by Airship » Mon, 21. May 07, 14:09

Looks like that, at least. I was intending to try X3 once more after it's been collecting dust for about a year, but I remembered how horribly bored I was of the vanilla game. :roll:

SO I look at the scripts stickies, and find this awesome amount of scripts. I dont know where to start looking for the ones I want :oops:

Anyway, can anyone here give me any good suggestions for good scripts I can use? I intend to mainly be combat oriented, perhaps building my own ships/equipment. So, any combat oriented mods, more ships, more combat stuff to do (BBS missions) sector takeover could be nice, wars, HQ enhancing stuff, ETC.

Thank you so much if you take your time to fling any suggestions into this thread :)

Regards
-Airship

Airship
x3tc

Post by Airship » Mon, 21. May 07, 16:12

Thanks alot for your reply Elias :D

I'll check those scripts ASAP, hopefully none of them conflicts

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”