Which Mod/Script Should I Download Guide

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 23:50

hmmm What would i say..... :P
Oh btw Welcome back to the forums euclid ;)

as mentioned in lots of threads Both mods are completely different...

Xtended offers a wide range of features and ships that are all kept into the style of X.
i.e. no imperial star destroyers and X-Wings :P

it also offers performance tweaks that give a fps increase, which include new Graphic FX for ship explosions, ship trails, weapon FX etc.
and also we reduce the number of Civilian ships

as said above all our ships are Original designs in-keeping with the Original game. all are designed and built by Mox
Many new Missions, features, enemies and toys to play with make this mod *A MUST HAVE*

:wink:

-XTM-
x3

Post by -XTM- » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 23:52

You dont have to follow that procedure for a new game Euclid, it will work just fine from your rusty Merc ;-)

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Fri, 1. Sep 06, 23:53

if you are starting a new game you can just install the packages select the mod in the splash boot and play

the empty sector business is just for upgrading from a save game, or another version of Xtended :wink:

:edit:
Damn!... You win this round Mox :P :twisted:

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 13:20

Wow, this mod is awesome. Had little sleep last night. This Sohnen (?) dude kept me going until the early hours :grin:

I like the engine trails, the new models (Xenon Q is very nice) and the explosion/gunfire effects.

However, the cockpit is somewhat strange. Need to get used to it. Also there seems to be a graphics glitch after passing through a gate - kind of strobe flashing which faints out after a while.

You guys must have put a lot of hard work into that mod - well done!!!

Cheers Euclid

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 8. Sep 06, 19:05

you should check the main community scripts sticky, not only does it have links to most mods here, but it also has the link to this thread that i have just merged urs too.

which has various ppls oppionons on scripts and mods

ewokshaman1
x3

Post by ewokshaman1 » Fri, 15. Sep 06, 21:51

X-tended is amazeing... i can't really think of any other way of putting it. it's possibly my favorite mod i have running.

four others that are just Good and add alot to the game in my opinion:
*Race Response fleets
*Shield batteries and Nanobots (because it's a lifesaver)
*Mercenaries guild
*assasins guild

araviel
x3

what scripts to get?

Post by araviel » Tue, 26. Sep 06, 05:55

hi, im new here,

i got my copy of X3 on the release day, but i havnt had any computer that could handle it untill now,
im really glad that i do now :D

ive been looking at the scripts library and im amazed, there is so much scripts out there i dont know what to get.

im looking for good scripts that change the AI behaviour and some good helpfull trading scripts,

i saw several scripts that can create sector skirmishes and i think that sounds really sweet, i just dont know wich one to get :S

can sombody recommend some scripts for me that works well toghter?
i would be very greatfull :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 5. Oct 06, 23:17

With 1.4.0.3 and the bonus pack you have already some nice scripts. If you find during your game that a particular feature would be nice to have, then look for a corresponding script in the sticky thread here.

Concerning mods there are 3 major on offer: the xtended mod (new ships, quests and graphic tweaks), the xfusion project (new sectors, almost every script out there, new ships) and DDRS ships mod (huge number of new ships, player HQ, quests) . They are not compatible with each other, so pick one and only one, play it until you get bored, then uninstall it and install another.

Hope that helps.

Cheers Euclid

Edit: the mod descriptions I gave are far from being complete. Check the mod threads and the websites given there for more details. E.

airport
x3

Which scripts or MODS add?

Post by airport » Fri, 6. Oct 06, 13:22

I`m shortly going to get X3 and like in X2 I just want to fly around doing a bit or trading here and there and just generally exploiring looking for wrecks and containers. I`m not bothered about buying ships to build up a fleet or building space stations and factorys (IE just me as a lone trader making just enough money for my own needs).

Can anyone suggest any scripts and or MODS which will add more wares and wrecks and containers to the game the more of each the better also any scripts or mods which add more ships would be nice too.

airport (Keith).
There`s no such thing as Gravity.
The Earth just sucks!!!

Harry Tuttle
x2

XFusionProject or Xtended mod? I seek your guidance, learned ones!

Post by Harry Tuttle » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 22:22

Jeepers... this game is not short on community support!

I have been desperately waiting for the right supermod to take X3 that (necessary, I feel) step beyond Vanilla patch 1.4b and I reckon either XFusion or Xtended is what I have been waiting for.

There seems to be a colossal amount of activity around the Xtended mod, but the XFusionProject sounds very appealing, too. Please could you help me judge which to go for? Or can they be combined???

Yours, just waiting to leap into this vast gaming universe (and probably cause a huge rift in my family life!)

Harry
p.s. And, or, the Bonus Pack too... come to think of it?!

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 22:43

Personally, I use DDRS.

I tried Xtended, uninstalled it after first 5 minutes (my screen was looking like after crazy kid's drawing session with thick markers). It probably can be turned off, but this bad first impression is still in my mind (only explosions were nice).

DDRS is very nice, but IMO still need some balancing (M4 X-wing is less manevr. than M4 Y-wing...).

Anyway, ill gladly read some opinions on Xtended, too.

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 22:44

Have a look here http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=151357 this will most likly gte merged with tha tthread then a modorater sees it.

Well you can guess by my sig that i am a XFP man my advice is try both and see what u like best, but the XFP is still in beat its not full of bugs its just its not the complet mod yet there is much more to come.

Stevio
x3tc

Post by Stevio » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 22:50

sepa wrote:I tried Xtended, uninstalled it after first 5 minutes (my screen was looking like after crazy kid's drawing session with thick markers). It probably can be turned off, but this bad first impression is still in my mind (only explosions were nice).
Thats abit harsh. You only gave it 5 minutes and decided its rubbish :?
you won't get the feel of the mod and less you actually use it y'know :sceptic:

sepa
x4

Post by sepa » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 23:00

Sure i know :)

I just had bad impression (those ship/missle trails were supposed to look nice, ya know...) so i tried another mod. DDRS was looking nice (Star Wars ships!) so i gave it a chance - and i am not dissapointed.

I just can't play 2 mods at same time :)

Harry Tuttle
x2

Post by Harry Tuttle » Sun, 8. Oct 06, 23:27

Many thanks for your thoughts, guy. Especially as I can now see what an over-asked question this is. Especial thanks to A Team for that thread link. Lots of questions answered there.

T'would seem XFP is the one for me. Option, options, options. :-)

Do you know whether a new version of XFP will mean a complete restart? Don't really want to commit myself if there's a danger of having to restart. With two kids and a 4-hour commute every day, time is somewhat precious at the moment!

Thanks again, one and all.

Harry

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 01:34

the main reason for the restart of XFP is the new universe map, but this will remain the same in future version, so you shouldn't need a restart to upgrade it

Syklon
x3

Post by Syklon » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 04:04

sepa wrote:those ship/missle trails were supposed to look nice, ya know...
which the majority of people think they do look nice, and are a major improvement over the stock game, as actually being able to see missiles and/or fighters is a major plus, especially if you are in a larger ship

theyre also a very small part of the mod's content, one which can be removed easily enough simply by overwriting the Tmissiles and Particles3 w/ the stock versions for those who just can't stand having a little bit of chaos in battle

i would recomend people looking at some of the battle screenshots on our websites and deciding for themselves

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 04:07

Syklon wrote:
sepa wrote:those ship/missle trails were supposed to look nice, ya know...
which the majority of people think they do look nice, and are a major improvement over the stock game, as actually being able to see missiles and/or fighters is a major plus, especially if you are in a larger ship

theyre also a very small part of the mod's content, one which can be removed easily enough simply by overwriting the Tmissiles and Particles3 w/ the stock versions for those who just can't stand having a little bit of chaos in battle

i would recomend people looking at some of the battle screenshots on our websites and deciding for themselves
Start a topic with a Poll: "Do you like/hate the ship trails in X-tended?"
I'd do it, but I think more people would vote if it was posted by an XTM member. I bet you more people would vote "hate" than "like" though, but that's just my opinion. I like to use the trail 1 on all my ships, I like the trail of black smoke.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 9. Oct 06, 04:28

Just to confirm what Cycrow said that XFP won't require restart for any forseeable new releases since our huge Galaxy map allready has just about anything you could want. We are beginning a new beta test cycle for next release which will include lots of amazing new goodies as if the current version didn't already have plenty of exciting unique features. :)

Chivalryy
x3

What add ons for a newcomer?

Post by Chivalryy » Fri, 27. Oct 06, 22:14

Just installed X3 and done the first 2 missions... then saw this huge modding community have made lots of extras for the game :)

can anyone reccomend any "essential" mods i should get that will improve my gameing experiance first time through? or should u not use any mods, and the games fine as it is?..

thnx for any advice and opinions :)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”