[Bonus Plugin] Commercial Agent

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 20:03

A ha after more digging if anyone else stumbles across this it seems Benco Trade School might do the trick:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=172865

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 20:20

I'm lost... it seems now they just wont trade after awhile. I'm so behind on my business its unbelievable. Game day 4 and I can just about make 200k.

Now it seems that they cant recieve their payment. It's really Pi$$in Me off!...

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 20:33

lincs_geezer wrote:I'm grateful for pointing that out, but either that script doesn;t work or it's just designed to train them faster not start them out a level higher.
The "does not work" question should go to the thread of the script, as well as feature questions, but as far as I can see that script adds 2 hours to accumulated flight time of CAG per call, and one call takes perhaps 5 seconds. So:
1. Start CAG
2. Stop CAG
3. Start Trainer
4. Restart CAG
should yield a second level CAG within seconds.

Myself, I train with CLS Mk2, vanilla. Takes 8 hours per pilot, but I can train several simultaneously, without owning a single station.

Quiker: Start new CLS2 at Trade Dock of Herron's Nebula. The pilot is randomly at level 1--3. For desperate: reload and try again, if not level 3.

Then stop CLS2 and start CAG, or Move pilot to production vessel. Rinse and repeat.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 20:39

Lord_Dakier wrote:Now it seems that they cant recieve their payment. It's really Pi$$in Me off!...
They do go to strike if you don't have enough money for salaries on your player account. Happened to me recently too. :oops:

Stop them (you can set them run as Trade Mk1 temporarily), gather enough credits, and them restart them.

Or is it the stations out of money? Stations cannot buy resources without credits. CAG would primarily sell, if station has less than 20k, but if CAG cannot sell yet ...

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 20:48

No the station has the credits and everything. It says that they cannot retract their salary from the station however.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:08

jlehtone wrote:
lincs_geezer wrote:I'm grateful for pointing that out, but either that script doesn;t work or it's just designed to train them faster not start them out a level higher.
The "does not work" question should go to the thread of the script, as well as feature questions, but as far as I can see that script adds 2 hours to accumulated flight time of CAG per call, and one call takes perhaps 5 seconds. So:
1. Start CAG
2. Stop CAG
3. Start Trainer
4. Restart CAG
should yield a second level CAG within seconds.

Myself, I train with CLS Mk2, vanilla. Takes 8 hours per pilot, but I can train several simultaneously, without owning a single station.

Quiker: Start new CLS2 at Trade Dock of Herron's Nebula. The pilot is randomly at level 1--3. For desperate: reload and try again, if not level 3.

Then stop CLS2 and start CAG, or Move pilot to production vessel. Rinse and repeat.
Many thanks for that the pilot name has indeed changed.

However they still sit there on standby. gutted. I'll start going through all the documentation again to try and see why. :cry:

Edit:

dam dam dam dam. They don't buy intermediate products until freighter pilot second class. This is like trying to chew bricks! Oh well I'll just have to train them like eveyone else, although it just seems such a tedious task and has no point to it. Even the bog standard Egosoft dumber then an amoeba who hasn't even learned to self divide yet can go out and buy stuff. Tantrum over.

Thanks

Edit2: a Ha that gives me an idea. I'll split out my complexes. I'll have one complex that doesn't even need my own frieghters to buy (i.e. sells stuff that the AI comes and buys) and let the AI trader squabble for docking ports. Then I'll set up a second complex using station manager for all the products that they don;t buy that i have to deliver....a debacle but it should work.
Last edited by lincs_geezer on Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:22

Just call the Trainer command a couple more times. Each call adds one level.

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:23

jlehtone wrote:Just call the Trainer command a couple more times. Each call adds one level.
lol really after that huge rant of mine?

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:27

lincs_geezer wrote:
jlehtone wrote:Just call the Trainer command a couple more times. Each call adds one level.
lol really after that huge rant of mine?

YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much!!! Jlehtone is the man!

I'm going to put all this in that script's thread so no-one else struggles with it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:35

Players always rant how the X-Universe lacks "life" and "immersion". Then somebody bothers to write a script that adds "pilots" that "learn". Isn't that "life"? Definitely not a sterile instant "I win" -button. (Well, CAG is almost such, it is simply masqueraded. ;) )

And what happens? "Oh noes, it is so complex. Why cannot it ... ?" :P

One simply cannot make everyone happy. :goner:

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Thu, 23. Jul 09, 21:40

jlehtone wrote:Players always rant how the X-Universe lacks "life" and "immersion". Then somebody bothers to write a script that adds "pilots" that "learn". Isn't that "life"? Definitely not a sterile instant "I win" -button. (Well, CAG is almost such, it is simply masqueraded. ;) )

And what happens? "Oh noes, it is so complex. Why cannot it ... ?" :P

One simply cannot make everyone happy. :goner:
Considering that most people set up "fake" trading runs to train their CAGS though....which is what I would of done....is hardly immersion. Surely you'd agree with that.

I didn't want to cheat, if the Egosoft released Station Manager worked properly I'd of een more than happy with that.

If they had put enough docking ports on I'd of been happy with that.

If AI traders didn't sit there waiting for the next cycle I'd of been happy with that.

If I simply alter the intermediate products to be resources I'd of been happy with that, and to start with CAGs at level one.

Sorry but get my drift?

whiteknight1234
x3

Post by whiteknight1234 » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 23:00

hi all, this is a great script, but could someone tell me step by step, how to edit it. I want to alter the default settings.

I have a 'training ground' but it is a real hassle to alter the settings manually (eg 3,3,x) when there is 10 ships at the same time to change.

thanx

WK

lincs_geezer
x2

Post by lincs_geezer » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 02:25

Save yourself a ballache and use the CAG trainer? Is cheating a bit but then setting up training grounds always seemed a bit to much to me....

barracuda231

Post by barracuda231 » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 12:55

quick question:

i have 3 cag assigned to my complex and they have been buying stuff for a long time. my complex is running nicely. problem: my CAG's are still at Apprentice level?

any idea why

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 10. Aug 09, 13:00

Search Bonuspack/CAG Readme section "Equipment and Prerequisites" for training.

dogdirt2000
x3

Post by dogdirt2000 » Thu, 17. Sep 09, 21:45

Hi all, I've had X3 for years now and have never got round to finishing it - have started from the beginning 4 times now and always get fed up with setting up stations... so, this time round i'm determined to see it through.

Not used and scripts or plugins on X3:R before, but CAG's seemed to be ideal for removing any headaches involved with station trading, so I jumped on board and downloaded the bonus pack.

I've had 2 CAG's running for about a day now, and they seem to be going alright. They are both top level too. I'm now trying to make them more efficient at their jobs through the configuration settings.

I've basically got 2 Caiman SF's as CAG's for my large Ore Mine, which is on a high yield asteroid (50 ore/min). I've got one of them set up to be an Ore Seller only by locking the E-Cells, and the other CAG both buys E-Cells and sells Ore. Ore is being produced so quickly that this seems to be the best way to set them up.

I've just got a few questions relating to the configuration options, in the aim of clearing up some of my confusion...

1. The read-me with the bonus pack doesn't clarify between the different stock types, ie. "Apprentice or higher: Resources are bought when stock is below A% (default 80%) ". Can I assume that in this case 'stock' refers to Resources stock, whereas, "Assistant Courier or higher: Products are sold when stock is above C% (default 20%)" refers to product stock???

2. What are Intermediate products in the context of an Ore Mine, or another Station like a SPP?

3. What is the point in the "Assistant Courier or higher: Products are sold if the pilot can load D% into his cargo-bay (default 30%)", as setting the "Products are sold when stock is above C% (default 20%)" seems intuitive and flexible, whereas I read previously that D% can only be a max 0f 101%, which is very limiting?

For example, my Ore Mine can hold 4150 units of Ore at Max, 24000 units of E-Cells at Max, and my CAGs both have 6800 units of Free Cargo Space. So, how do I get my dual duty CAG to only sell Ore when there's more than about 1800 units of Ore available? I could set C% to something like 45%, but as the 101% is the max value for D%, the CAG would still go on selling until there's much less than 1800 units of Ore in stock, surely?

(6800 Cargo Space / 8 (Volume of Ore per 1 unit)) = 850 units of Ore

1.01 * 850 = 858.5,

Therefore, the CAG will only stop selling Ore when there's less than 858.5 Ore in stock in the Ore Mine... Correct or Wrong?

As far as I can understand the CAG description, this is what is meant, but I know I may be wrong. If, however, I am correct, then I do not see the benefits of using the Cargo Space limitation rule (D%) where the Stock limitation rule (C%) seems more than suitable?!?

Sorry for the long post, but I am determined to understand this and get my upcoming industrial empire a slick and efficient one.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 20. Sep 09, 22:24

1. Yes. A for Resources, C for Products.

2. There are no Intermediates on single station. Not on all complexes either.

3. Good question. Somewhere within this thread (or one of the other CAG threads) are my ponderings on the topic. A low D% allows the ship to do a run even when it cannot fill its hold. Might be useful somewhere. At D%=101% the ship should always load to full (unless low C% lets it run anyway). Less frequent runs. But not all NPC can take full loads, even when their stock if totally empty. That is already a top dollar offer, so high D is useless.

Otherwise the D% does cause trouble if one wants to maintain a minimum stock of product at station/complex.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

dogdirt2000
x3

Post by dogdirt2000 » Mon, 21. Sep 09, 03:19

Thanks for the reply.

I ended up getting annoyed with the D% option, so just removed that particular part from the rule from within the script - not touched upon scripting ever before, but thought it must be easier than simple coding, which I found it is :)

After the last few days of running all my CAG's this way along with some testing, it's working how I want it too now, so I'm happy... now if only I could figure out why some of my UT's are landing at my PHQ with the intention (seemingly) of selling goods there, and getting permanently stuck there until I intervene, but that's another thread I think.

Thanks again :)

Knight Shadow Wolf

Post by Knight Shadow Wolf » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 14:16

Need some help here guys.
I'm getting a different second rank to the one listed on page 1
For the second rank I'm getting 'Assistant Courier'
Can someone tell me if that's the only change to the ranking system?
If not can they list the new ranking system please
What do you know of war?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Oct 09, 19:29

Knight Shadow Wolf wrote:Can someone tell me if that's the only change to the ranking system?
Yes. Inconsistent translation in various bits of documentation. The difference is only in the name of that rank.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”