X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kriscorrie

Post by kriscorrie » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 11:15

moggy2 wrote:there's a readme that comes with the bonus pack with details on how to use the scripts. Alternatively, you can view the details of the different scripts by following the links in the first post of this thread.
theres a self extracting exe to download, that automatically installs the plugin, i dont see anywhere to install a readme.txt?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 18:44

when it installs it puts a readme document in the x3 directory, as well as on the start menu.

its an xml file

Commodore Fer-De-Lance

Crashes after bonus pack install

Post by Commodore Fer-De-Lance » Sat, 2. Sep 06, 23:19

Hello, I need some help please!

After having installed the bonus pack game frezzes after a short while and I have to restart my computer. I have updated to latest version and done the Mk3 trader fix too. I have tried earlier save games and starting a new game but same problem persisits.

I have no other Scripts or mods just Bonus pack.

Any help much appriciated, I was just getting back into the game after having left it alone for a while.

Specs.
Windows XP
Pentium 4 CPU 3.40GHz
2.00 GB Ram
Hard disk 331GB
ATI Radeon X600

Jakesnake5
x4

Post by Jakesnake5 » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 01:05

If you have Universal Traders running, and the game freezes at the same time point, try stopping them and see if the freeze happens any more.
Perfection is in the hands of God, we bags of dirt can only do the best we can©
[ external image ]
Modders are a source of ideas to help the Game Makers improve what they have made. Cherrish them, for they are the fruit of thy labors.©

Commodore Fer-De-Lance

Post by Commodore Fer-De-Lance » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 13:38

I have about 25 UTs running at anytime. I only have chance to stop 3 before game crashes. Any other suggestions?
Thanks

walkinash
x3

Bonus Pack Question

Post by walkinash » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:16

Is the All in one bonus pack recommended for the Game of the Year edition of X3?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:21

all versions of the game are technically the same, as the bonus pack will work on all of them.

Saint-Ashley
x4

Post by Saint-Ashley » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:23

Theirs currently a small bug in one of the .pck scripts released with the bonus pack.

If you find only useing signed scripts by Egosoft a requirement then thats your only choice if you wish to do any modifications to the Vanilla X3.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 3. Sep 06, 19:54

Commodore Fer-De-Lance wrote:I have about 25 UTs running at anytime. I only have chance to stop 3 before game crashes. Any other suggestions?
Thanks
reinstall X3 and use one of the backed up saves that are pre bonus pack. (the pack installer does backup automaticly)

Then you can try to stop all UT's and atempt to install bonus pack again.

BTW, is the CLS Mk1 even supposed to work with the -1 input as price? AS is said in the readme, because I can't seem to make it do anything (if I select ware and use -1 the command is ignored). (works just fine if I give it any other positive value, execpt no credit is moving one way or another during transfers)

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 00:49

- cheers, you guys..
- another one-up for the boffins, well done!!
:x3:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 08:34

Geggo wrote:BTW, is the CLS Mk1 even supposed to work with the -1 input as price? AS is said in the readme, because I can't seem to make it do anything (if I select ware and use -1 the command is ignored).
I have a guess, and I'll post it on the Mk1 thread.

Edit: What does the update require? Stopping of scripts? Or do some of them auto-upgrade on the fly?

Mythical
x4

Bonus Pack Blues any Advice?

Post by Mythical » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 11:46

Hi I've Already installed Bonus pack 3.1.00 and had started a fresh game using the latest patch and Deadlys Mod installed and I understand there are errors in both 3.1.00 and 3.1.01 bonus packs. I haven't as yet bought any stations or started with Mk3 traders. My question is will installing 3.1.02 cure all bugs or do I need to install 3.1.01 first :?

I really couldn't face uninstalling and reinstalling the game to start all over again having already competed the plot.

Cheers Mythical

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 12:46

I'm pretty sure they're all capable of autoupdating when necessary.

Mythical wrote:Hi I've Already installed Bonus pack 3.1.00 and had started a fresh game using the latest patch and Deadlys Mod installed and I understand there are errors in both 3.1.00 and 3.1.01 bonus packs. I haven't as yet bought any stations or started with Mk3 traders. My question is will installing 3.1.02 cure all bugs or do I need to install 3.1.01 first :?

I really couldn't face uninstalling and reinstalling the game to start all over again having already competed the plot.

Cheers Mythical
You only need to install the latest version of the bonus pack. You won't need to restart the game after installing the bonus pack.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 12:55

moggy2 wrote:I'm pretty sure they're all capable of autoupdating when necessary.
It probably was the unsigned versions, particularly the SM, in L3 Testing that were picky.

The first installation (3.01.01 in my case) did backups of 'save', 't', and 'scripts' folders. Will the 3.01.02 installer leave them untouched, or overwrite? (Not that it matters, I'll make my own backups anyway.)

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 13:05

it' makes new backups, and appears to remove the old backups.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 13:19

So the new backup would be a copy of the working directories, ie in my case the 3.01.01 installation. And the pre-current (ie pre-bonuspack) backup gets overwritten? No more rollback to pre-bonuspack state.

Unless, of course, the installation manage to spot the previous backups, do rollback to pre-bonusback state and then redo backups. But that would be null op. And waste any recent third-party additions.

Mindless babbling above. But more to the point, was there "uninstall bonuspack" option, or would that be a manual operation?

tomol
x3

Post by tomol » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 14:38

Which version of Trade MK3 has been included in BP 1.02?
AMD Althon XP 3000+ @ 2.4 GHz
nVidia Geforce 7600GT 256 MB
2 GB DDR400 Memory @ 267 MHz
No Extra Cooling

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 15:29

jlehtone wrote:So the new backup would be a copy of the working directories, ie in my case the 3.01.01 installation. And the pre-current (ie pre-bonuspack) backup gets overwritten? No more rollback to pre-bonuspack state.

Unless, of course, the installation manage to spot the previous backups, do rollback to pre-bonusback state and then redo backups. But that would be null op. And waste any recent third-party additions.

Mindless babbling above. But more to the point, was there "uninstall bonuspack" option, or would that be a manual operation?
backups on my system are marked backup3102. It does appear that I have no backup from the installation of previous versions.

There is an uninstall option though. in the X3 drirectory run unins000.exe
Which version of Trade MK3 has been included in BP 1.02?
one that works. It restores files overwritten by previous versions of the bonus pack. As far as I'm aware it's the same version of the mk3 as you had before the bonus pack.

Mythical
x4

Post by Mythical » Thu, 7. Sep 06, 16:29

Thanks Moggy2

I've updated to BP 3.1.02, now to start purchasing those factories.

Cheers Mythical

RRRoamer
x4

Possible bug in the recent bonus pack???

Post by RRRoamer » Thu, 14. Sep 06, 05:08

Something strange has been going on since I installed the latest bonus pack (along with the patch to fix the L3 traders). Basically, what is happening is that ships with my ships name (UT18: TS Mercury HS for example) have been showing up at the TC station in HOL with the name "Leiferservice: UT18: TS Mercury HS" owned by the TC station.

And they just sit there. This is starting to become a problem as they have filled up TC station and have a lot more flying around in HOL trying to dock.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Could it be due to other scripts I have running (I have a few such as the TCP, station trader, etc. running)? Does anyone have a cheat script I could use to clean up this mess? Frankly, it happens slow enough I wouldn't mind taking care of it manually from time to time if that is what is needed.
--RRRoamer

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”