X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 20. Mar 07, 15:37

if u want them to use jumpdrives, then yes u can use Commerical Agent.

however, if ur using unsigned scripts as well, u could use the Advanced Jumpdrive, and set the auto jump command ur your trader, then the station manager ships will also jump

halo112358
x3

Post by halo112358 » Tue, 27. Mar 07, 13:58

I've had some random lockup problems that seem to be related to Lucike's missile defense mosquito - when I start the command on other ships (not [PLAYERSHIP]) I eventually have lockup trouble. When I avoid using MDM my game is OK (zero lockups for many days).

Usually when I run MDM I use it on my TS's & UT's, the playership and other major targets (carriers: M6, M1/M2/TL). I notice that the lockup problems become particularly bad when I leave a ship running MDM docked for an extended period of time. I have never used the convoy MDM script.

I've looked at the code, I think one thing is missing - MDM doesn't check to see if [THIS] is docked, it just executes blindly. I think this is somehow related to the lockups I've seen.

If you'd like I can hack in some [DOCKEDAT] checks into the script and test to see if my lockups resolve. :D
*** modified ***

[ external image ]

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

Compatability Question

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 05:07

Is this Bonus Pack compatible with the Current version of DDRS? (or am I suppose to ask if: DDRS is compatible with this Bonus Pack (smile)).

Also... probably an obvious answer... But - If I'm using scripts which are in this bonus pack, should they be turned off first? Also... is it enough to Disable the scripts in the Cycrow Script Manager - or are there more aggressive steps which should be taken?

Advanced Thanx...
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 30. Mar 07, 14:46

DDRS, don't know. You're better off asking them. It should be though.

Yes, turn off the unsigned versions. Using the disable feature in Cycrow's mod manager should be enough.

ChemODun
x3tc

Post by ChemODun » Tue, 1. May 07, 13:28

Hi.
Are you now about bug in BBS messages (Bonus Package 3.1.0.5)about secret containers (exactly engine.tuning).
In script, what proceude bbs message about founded secret container exist next code

Code: Select all

$list = array alloc: size= 6
$list [ 0 ] = "...rudder.optimisation#1"
$list [ 1 ] = "...rudder.optimisation#2"
$list [ 2 ] = "...rudder.optimisation#3"
$list [ 3 ] = "...rudder.optimisation#4"
$list [ 4 ] = "...engine.tuning#1"
$list [ 5 ] = "...engine.tuning#2"
$list [ 6 ] = "...engine.tuning#3"
$list [ 7 ] = "...engine.tuning#4"

* Auswuerfeln welches Paket genutzt werden soll
$Random = = random value from 0 to 8 - 1
$...Var =  $list [ $Random ]
Becouse size of array $list defined as only 6, when $Random has value
6 or 7, variable $...Var had undefined or null value, and pylot never has
true message about two last engine tuning secret containers.

P.S. Some var and values are changed for security reason :-)

P.P.S. If it known baug and already fixed - sorry.

P.P.P.S. A was made some fix for this, if it's need - I can public.
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 2. May 07, 16:24

Hi, Just FYI.

Please read signature.

even though soon I will be purchasing X3.
but still , tiny problem with BTF v1.0 as signature informs.

Also, in your demos, there is alot of improper grammer and mispellings in the BBC's,
and only efx can be heard in audio and nothing else. no voices or nothing.
Just wanted to inform you about this.

thanks.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 2. May 07, 20:42

send a PM to The_Abyss or CBJ

ChemODun
x3tc

Post by ChemODun » Thu, 3. May 07, 19:14

LV wrote:send a PM to The_Abyss or CBJ
Sorry, it's reply for me?
Multiply entropy by absolute zero

Ñâîáîäà ñðåäè çâåçä / Freedom in space

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Fri, 4. May 07, 07:37

@ChemODun

I will fix this.

mnanderson
x3

Bonus pack manual

Post by mnanderson » Tue, 15. May 07, 20:06

I needed a printed reference for the Bonus Pack scripts that I can use while in game. I have formatted the documents for the Bonus Pack as a PDF which can be printed (double sided) and stapled to create a booklet style manual. I'd like to contribute the PDF to the community; any suggestions as to where I could upload the file? It's 391KB in size.

moggy2
x3ap

Re: Bonus pack manual

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 16. May 07, 00:05

mnanderson wrote:I needed a printed reference for the Bonus Pack scripts that I can use while in game. I have formatted the documents for the Bonus Pack as a PDF which can be printed (double sided) and stapled to create a booklet style manual. I'd like to contribute the PDF to the community; any suggestions as to where I could upload the file? It's 391KB in size.
Xai Corp. can host it.

If register and logon you can create a new handbook page and attach a file to it.

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 01:00

Has anyone actually been able to find the "cartel shield hacker" thingy yet ?
I've been to every pirate station I could find and not one of them had it!!
Is it offered in a BBS entry or as a ware in the station ?

Edit: I searched EVERY pirate base, also loaded up my game in scorp's map software and double checked EVERY damn pirate station.. no shield hacker =(

I got the logbook message that the script is installed.. I just dont get it =(
Edit: I am using XTM .7a, could there be a conflict of some kind ? Anyone else using XTM and the bonus package ? Any help / info would be appreciated!

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 02:00

mazzox wrote:...
It's a ware for sale.

It could be on sale at any pirate owned station, including the Pirate Base in Xenon Sector 597 and the Anarchy Port, in vanilla X3. For XTM I've no idea whether there are any stations owned by the Pirate race, but if there are it could be any one of them.

The location might also change each time you load the game.

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 05:05

moggy2 wrote:
mazzox wrote:...
It's a ware for sale.

It could be on sale at any pirate owned station, including the Pirate Base in Xenon Sector 597 and the Anarchy Port, in vanilla X3. For XTM I've no idea whether there are any stations owned by the Pirate race, but if there are it could be any one of them.

The location might also change each time you load the game.
..Which makes it pretty much impossible to find, then; Since XTM adds a a dozen pirate sectors and several dozen pirate stations. And on any given load it 's in only ONE of those stations.. :cry:
[Not very easy to find in vanilla X3 either, I must say..]

Does the ware appear only in explored sectors' stations or any that are in the game ?

Maybe i'll have to just script myself a shield hacker and remove say.. twice the normal price from my account.. Can you tell me what the price is :o ?

Maybe the script could be modified so that the ware appears only in the vanilla sectors' stations ? This would make life much easier for people using mods.

Edit: Scorps map program revels all sectors including all stations and the wares they stock. It even shows custom added wares from XTM like heavy missile launcher, 500mj shield ect fine, but I did not find anything searching for "cartel" or "hacker" ect. Its simply not anywhere to be found! I'd appreciate if you could tell me the ware-name of the cartel hacker, atleast =)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 08:34

mazzox wrote:..Which makes it pretty much impossible to find, then; Since XTM adds a a dozen pirate sectors and several dozen pirate stations.
My vanilla game has at least 14 Pirates Bases in addition to the Pirate Port. So even in vanilla the chance to find it from nearest outlet is one in fifteen. XTM sure sounds much more "fun". And, the Cartel has a chance to move on every reload. :P
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 15:16

you could try using Fleet Support Ship Software to find it.

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 18:33

moggy2 wrote:you could try using Fleet Support Ship Software to find it.
Thanks for the tip!
..but its not much help since you didnt tell me the ware name!
Like I said, thew bonus pack install went fine and I got the message that "cartel shield hacker is installed" ect. But using scorps map tool And searching !EVERY! pirate station its simply not anywhere to be found!
Also I tried using LV's cheat scripts to add myself one but its not in the "add ware" list at all! (yes I went thru the whole damn list)

I'd REALLY appreciate if you could tell me the ware name and/or the price of the device! Maybe with spoiler tags..

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 22:07

it's called Cartel Shield Hacker

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 23:23

moggy2 wrote:it's called Cartel Shield Hacker
Edit: Ok, I reinstalled everything from scratch and the shield hacker now appeared in my ware-list. Strange, but who cares, its working now :D
Now to find it legitly, i'll post further info at some point on if it works properly with XTM if anyone is interested. (Thought now I dont see any reason it wouldnt)

Edit2: Ok sorry for hogging this thread. After testing I can confirm Cartel Shield Hacker works with XTM .7a!.

To anyone with problems, first uninstall everything and reinstall in this order:
Install X3 - 2.0.02 patch - egosoft bonus pack - XTM datafiles (.cat .dat files ect) then finally the XTM script files with cycrows installer. Then you should be all set =)

Only problem is the shield hacker will not work with all ships. Specifically the piracy command is not available on bigger ships, specifically my M7. Is this intentional Moggy ?
I am hoping it will work with M6:s atleast? Would give me another reason to fly a nice corvette again ^_^

P.S. Sorry for hogging the thread so much!

Nova Scotia
x3tc

Post by Nova Scotia » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 12:29

OUCH !! Re installing from scratch again,
Just finished doing a fresh install :cry: :?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”