X³ Reunion - Bonus pack 3.1.06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 15:16

you could try using Fleet Support Ship Software to find it.

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 18:33

moggy2 wrote:you could try using Fleet Support Ship Software to find it.
Thanks for the tip!
..but its not much help since you didnt tell me the ware name!
Like I said, thew bonus pack install went fine and I got the message that "cartel shield hacker is installed" ect. But using scorps map tool And searching !EVERY! pirate station its simply not anywhere to be found!
Also I tried using LV's cheat scripts to add myself one but its not in the "add ware" list at all! (yes I went thru the whole damn list)

I'd REALLY appreciate if you could tell me the ware name and/or the price of the device! Maybe with spoiler tags..

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 22:07

it's called Cartel Shield Hacker

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Fri, 15. Jun 07, 23:23

moggy2 wrote:it's called Cartel Shield Hacker
Edit: Ok, I reinstalled everything from scratch and the shield hacker now appeared in my ware-list. Strange, but who cares, its working now :D
Now to find it legitly, i'll post further info at some point on if it works properly with XTM if anyone is interested. (Thought now I dont see any reason it wouldnt)

Edit2: Ok sorry for hogging this thread. After testing I can confirm Cartel Shield Hacker works with XTM .7a!.

To anyone with problems, first uninstall everything and reinstall in this order:
Install X3 - 2.0.02 patch - egosoft bonus pack - XTM datafiles (.cat .dat files ect) then finally the XTM script files with cycrows installer. Then you should be all set =)

Only problem is the shield hacker will not work with all ships. Specifically the piracy command is not available on bigger ships, specifically my M7. Is this intentional Moggy ?
I am hoping it will work with M6:s atleast? Would give me another reason to fly a nice corvette again ^_^

P.S. Sorry for hogging the thread so much!

Nova Scotia
x3tc

Post by Nova Scotia » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 12:29

OUCH !! Re installing from scratch again,
Just finished doing a fresh install :cry: :?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 15:12

mazzox wrote:...
I am hoping it will work with M6:s atleast? Would give me another reason to fly a nice corvette again ^_^

Glad to hear you got it working.

The biggest ship you can use it on is a TS. iirc, the bigger ships could get close enough to the targets anyway.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 18:44

Im not sure if this has been posted already but the what menue should i look under to find the "scrap ship option?" should i look under special commands or what? im a bit confused and im not sure if im reading it correctly.
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 18. Jun 07, 18:54

when the ship is docked at the HQ it should have 2 extra commands in the special menu

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 00:40

so im assumeing that I

A) must be in the ship i wish to salvage

B) the salvage crap option is under the "special command" menu (the one that reads special ship commands or what ever?)

If thats not correct please correct me...

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 00:50

defiant1 wrote:so im assumeing that I

A) must be in the ship i wish to salvage
you must not be in the ship you want to scrap.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 02:06

ok...what menue should i look under? would it be under a ship command/menue or the station menues?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 02:23

It's in the ship menu, under special commands (HQScrapyard: Scrap Ship).

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 02:32

hmmm...i installed the bonus addon thing so im starting to wonder if i need to download it or if it wasnt installed or somthin like that...

I downloaded it and installed it (the script) and still seem to find it...do i need to start a new game and is it supposed to be in "additionial ship commands" or is it in the manut that sais "special" (option 4)...or is it in some other blasted menue? or do i need to buy somthin at some station or some ware?

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 04:42

moggy2 wrote:when the ship is docked at the HQ it should have 2 extra commands in the special menu
Carlo the Curious wrote:It's in the ship menu, under special commands (HQScrapyard: Scrap Ship).
for the Scrap Ship at player HQ that comes with the Bonus pack, the 2 commands for this script are in the Special Commands menu of any ship docked at the player HQ, except for the ship you're in.

If you're going to install and use the unsigned version of the scrap ship at player HQ script, please refer to that scripts thread and documentation, because it is different.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 05:19

well if its supposed to be in the special commands area of the ship im scrapping why doesnt it show up (and yes its not the ship im in)?

is this one of thoes "you need to start a new game type things and buy somethin" type of thing?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 05:32

When you installed 3.1.06, was the Scrap Ship package ticked for installation? I think it selects to install all packages by default, but you didn't perhaps edit the selection?

You don't need to start a new game.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 14:45

yea i had all options ticked for the install...should i try installing it again or what?

EDIT: i installed it again and it now works...yeaaa\o/

But now every time i try to recycle any ship (no matter what it is) it always says "cant compleat not enough storage space"...does anyone know how i can make enough room and clear out what ever is causeing this to occure so i can start scrapping ships?

I am almost to the point of distroying my current HQ and cheating a replacement back in to see if this resolves the issue but i really dont want to loose the blueprints i gathered...can some one explain what to do so i can get more storage space or what ever so the scrapping will work???
Last edited by defiant1 on Tue, 19. Jun 07, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.

mazzox

Post by mazzox » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 16:50

moggy2 wrote:
mazzox wrote:...

Glad to hear you got it working.

The biggest ship you can use it on is a TS. iirc, the bigger ships could get close enough to the targets anyway.
well, the smaller M7:s (esp. the paranid M7 from the Bala Gi missions) are so small that its quite possible to get close enough. It would be a nice thing to have =) Unless you consider it unbalanced..

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 16:52

But now every time i try to recycle any ship (no matter what it is) it always says "cant compleat not enough storage space"...does anyone know how i can make enough room and clear out what ever is causeing this to occure so i can start scrapping ships?

I am almost to the point of distroying my current HQ and cheating a replacement back in to see if this resolves the issue but i really dont want to loose the blueprints i gathered...can some one explain what to do so i can get more storage space or what ever so the scrapping will work???

PS: It seemes I posted at the same time someone else did so i reposted to make sure it wasnt missed :P...

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Tue, 19. Jun 07, 16:55

defiant1 wrote:But now every time i try to recycle any ship (no matter what it is) it always says "cant compleat not enough storage space"...does anyone know how i can make enough room and clear out what ever is causeing this to occure so i can start scrapping ships?
It won't run the process if you don't have enough room for all the resources that the ship would give. You presumably have quite a lot of space used in your hq already - try moving some of the wares to a docked TL or some TSs to free up some space.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”