[PROGRAM] Logitech G15 LCD Stats Applet V1.40 : Update 16/11/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Brockie
x3

Post by Brockie » Tue, 22. Jan 08, 19:21

Thanks for the help, I'd offer to test it however I'm not knowledgable enough about coding to do it properly. Seems a shame really as the main screen can be quite sparse at times and the extra info sounds handy.

JB

.crk

Can't get this applet to work...please help me!

Post by .crk » Wed, 30. Jan 08, 21:24

Hey!
First of all i have to say I'm really happy someone did an applet like this one.

But unfortunately, it doesn't work for me!
All the LCD says is "No Game Found".
I followed all the installation steps correctly, i think. Here is what I've done:

- I installed your applet and started it
- I installed the plugin through the X - Plugin Manager
- I opened the GamePanel Manager and set the path of the X3.exe (I didnt
touch the logfile number, it's still 09003)

Did I miss any step?

Well, I never worked with sripts before so this was the first time I activated it. In the AL options, it says "ReadText9003-1" and this option is activated. I found the 3 G15 scripts in the script editor and run them manually (through "r") but it still says "No Game Found"....

Please tell me what else i have to do!
I'm really looking forward to this applet!

Greetings, crk

EDIT: Can't believe it...THANK YOU VERY MUCH Osiris_sam!

He wrote some time ago, that you have to convert the spk file using the converter that comes with the plugin manager and it WORKED PERFECTLY.

I'm off, playing X3 :D thanks for the great applet!

Halfling
x3

Post by Halfling » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 04:21

Success! I have the G15 and have tried unsuccessfully to load. All I got is the "X3 Reunion No Game Found" screen. I thought this would be a good place to start my scripting experience but then I became discouraged. I may have missed something obvious but I just was not sure (Nicky New Guy). I've then read the thread and I saw the part about converting the spk file. BINGO! Took me a bit of time to figure out the mechanics as it's been a long time since I have seen the DOS Prompt! THANKS!

One thing that seems to jump out at me is that I don't know what the AL Plugins Menu is??? Sorry to be dummy but sometimes you just have to admit your ignorance, put away the pride and ask the dumb question.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:03

the AL Plugin Menu is in game, in the Gameplay options menu

it open appears when u've enabled scripts, and has various options for different scripts that u've installed

blackhawk92
x4

Post by blackhawk92 » Fri, 4. Apr 08, 22:27

Is it possible, that the script doesn`t work with version 2.5 of X3?
I did everything to bring it to work, but it says "no game found"
I converted the spk file, checked the AL-settings, and controlled the game location(and port) in the lcd Manager.

What could be the reason???

If my english is bad, I´m sorry, I´m from germany.
:oops:

EDIT: My problem is solved... I just restarted the X3LCD and... IT WORKS!
:oops: :oops: :oops:

mauxion

Post by mauxion » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 08:24

Hi thank you for making this applet.
I have two problems with it

combat computer shows in equipment dock without name

race ranks don't show percentage only trade and combat ranks have it

how i can fix it

sorry for my bad english :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. Apr 08, 17:53

mauxion wrote:Hi thank you for making this applet.
I have two problems with it

combat computer shows in equipment dock without name
this is usually caused when you havn't got EMP installed, which is required for the combat computer
mauxion wrote: race ranks don't show percentage only trade and combat ranks have it

how i can fix it
simple anwser, you cant :P
basically, i couldn't get the prectages to display correctly.

the numbers and display in the game simply didn't add up, so the pertages were always out. So i desicded to simply not display them

madprof
x3tc

Post by madprof » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 20:37

The basics of the log file work well with a quickly hacked together plugin for LCDSmartie, just one question - is the M7 included in one of the other ship classes?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 23. Apr 08, 20:56

no, the m7 wont be included.

as it was made before m7's were available its not be specifically added.

and it wont show up in the other classes either

MikeLucien
x3tc

Post by MikeLucien » Mon, 5. May 08, 16:39

Hi,
madprof wrote:The basics of the log file work well with a quickly hacked together plugin for LCDSmartie, just one question - is the M7 included in one of the other ship classes?
How have you done that? Because I've an a LCD-Display on my Computer and I also use LCDSmartie but I've no G15 :shock:
Der Mensch hat drei Wege, klug zu handeln:
Erstens durch Nachdenken: Das ist der edelste.
Zweitens durch Nachahmen: Das ist der leichteste.
Drittens durch Erfahrung: Das ist der bitterste.
by Konfuzius

Mic-Bus
x3tc

Post by Mic-Bus » Sat, 17. May 08, 09:45

so, a next german people need help.

I have problem to bring the applet to a function, i see only, x3 Reunion no game found display.

I take the next steps.
- I installed your applet and started it
- I installed the plugin through the X - Plugin Manager
- I opened the GamePanel Manager and set the path of the X3.exe (I didnt
touch the logfile number, it's still 09003) (copied from a post higher, thx for written.)

in X3, i activated the srcipteditor.
there i can find the X3 applet files:
al.logitechg15.main
al.logitechg15.timer
al.plugin.logitechg15
exampel.lcd.display

so, i think, the sripts are installed.

ive restarted the x3-applet for any times, and also i showed in the windows taskmanager, that there was only 1 times this X3lcd.exe task.

BUT, i becomes only the X3 reunion no game found displayed.

ingame, with activad scripteditor, i didn't found the applet in the AL game options. (ingame, esc, game, scrolled down to "Artifical Life-Einstellungen" and open it, there ist nothing.)

what am i doing wrong?

ive also looked that the applet in the x plugin manager was actived.

(sry for my terrible english. :()

P.S. I hoped, a german one, wo read this, and uses this applet fully functionally, can also help me.
TRADINGRANKING: just begin BATTLERANKING: just begin
PLAYING @ DIFFICULT: X-TREME TIME: 19-00:00
@Ahtlon 64X2 3800+ EE, 4x1GB DDR2-Ram, MSI K9N-Ultra, 5x HDD's (1370GB) (all Samsung Sata 2),
ATI Radeon HD4670, 23Zoll TFT
@ home on my S.TL (Split Elefant)

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Sat, 17. May 08, 11:53

Just out of curiosity, did you re-start your computer?

I found that after a restart the plugin worked for me, whereas it didnot work after installed..

Zero-nt-

Post by Zero-nt- » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:44

I'm having the same issues.

I followed every step to the t, and all I ever get is a "No Game Found" on my LCD.

The script is enabled according to X Plugin Manager.
I have the correct install directory set in the LCD control panel (c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 - reunion)
Use pilot name "Thereshallbewings" to activate all the scripts I use

but when I go into options and select the AL Plugin option, all I see is a bar that says "Plug ins", I imagine there should be a list underneath or something? But there's nothing there for me to select at all.

I've tried reinstalling, restarting, repatching, even did the whole SPKconvert thing even though I believe you said it had been updated in an earlier post (maybe not)

Regardless, I've taken every step short of reinstalling Windows XP, and nothing has made the plugin work.

madprof
x3tc

Post by madprof » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:50

@MikeLucien.

I'm using LCD Smartie http://lcdsmartie.sourceforge.net/ to drive the display, this can get information from extension dlls. Fortunately for me Cycrow made the log file nice and easy to parse, so I knocked together a quick dll in C#, quick in the fact hardcoded paths and very little error checking.

I'm using LCD Smartie as it can talk my Palm PDA connected via usb with it running an LCD emulation program.

If Cycrow doesn't mind me making using of his script I'll tidy the code up a bit and make it available with some instructions.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 18. May 08, 02:50

Zero-nt- wrote:but when I go into options and select the AL Plugin option, all I see is a bar that says "Plug ins", I imagine there should be a list underneath or something? But there's nothing there for me to select at all.
if its not being displayed in the al life settings, then it is a problem with the install of the script.

if its running correctly, it will show up there.

so i would check that you have the install directory correct, and that the script are present in your x3 directory

the game not found usually means that the program is unable to find the log file.

so either its not being created because the scripts arn't running, or your point the program to the wrong place so it cant find the file. So i would check these.

also, if the scripts are running correctly, you should find the log file in the X3 Directory

Zero-nt-

Post by Zero-nt- » Sun, 18. May 08, 06:33

Well, I'm absolutly stumped then.

The GameProfile settings are set to 'C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 - reunion'

The Plugin Manager's X directory is set to 'C:\Program Files\steam\steamapps\common\x3 - reunion'

When I install the scripts, for whatever reason, it's automaticly moved to the disabled folder (even though the plugin manager says its enabled).

I have to disable, and then enable again. Then the Plugin Manager correctly moves the scripts into the main script directory, and everything in the t/disabled directory gets moved into the base t directory.

Everything looks like it's installing fine. But it doesn't change anything in game. I still don't have any options show up in the AL Plugin screen.

I'm about to give up and just not run the logitech plugin since apparently it doesn't like me

Edit: I'm not sure what the log file will look like. I have two logfiles in the main X3 - reunion directory. logfile9001-2 and logfile9004, but I don't see a logfile9003 which I'm assuming is the logfile I need to see.

Edit more: Okay, I need to read the stickies before assuming I know what I'm doing. After I enabled scripts, I should have saved and then reloaded that save. After doing so, do I finally see the AL Plugin settings for the logitech lcd... however, I still only see "No Game Found" on the LCD itself. But at least I'm one step closer to finally getting this to work correctly :P

Final Edit: Okay, got it working.

As mentioned, I forgot to save my game before checking the AL Plugin options. Once I did, and reloaded, everything popped up.

In order for me to get the LCD to display correctly, I had to alt-tab out of game, end the current 'x3lcd.exe' process, and then restart the LCD application again (some users have said they had to do this when multiple copies of x3lcd.exe were found, but I think you have to do it regardless, if you encountered any problems)[/i]

Targoid-1
x3tc

Post by Targoid-1 » Sun, 18. May 08, 13:10

Slightly off topic:

I notice that the G15 gets stuck in Savage Spur. Made a little keystroke macro for hyperjump, but in Savage Spur the G-keys simply don't respond. The normal keys are also reacting slower there...

MikeLucien
x3tc

Post by MikeLucien » Sun, 18. May 08, 15:48

madprof wrote:If Cycrow doesn't mind me making using of his script I'll tidy the code up a bit and make it available with some instructions.
That would be very fine!

@ Cyrow: PLEASE
Der Mensch hat drei Wege, klug zu handeln:
Erstens durch Nachdenken: Das ist der edelste.
Zweitens durch Nachahmen: Das ist der leichteste.
Drittens durch Erfahrung: Das ist der bitterste.
by Konfuzius

Mic-Bus
x3tc

Post by Mic-Bus » Sun, 18. May 08, 21:43

Sry for the problem, the install was correctly, i already found the problem.

I forgotten the following step.

after scripteditor was started,
I doesn't save and reload the game.
that was the problem, and wasn't written in the readme or i didn't see it.

sofar, sry that I don't read the text correctly enough.
TRADINGRANKING: just begin BATTLERANKING: just begin
PLAYING @ DIFFICULT: X-TREME TIME: 19-00:00
@Ahtlon 64X2 3800+ EE, 4x1GB DDR2-Ram, MSI K9N-Ultra, 5x HDD's (1370GB) (all Samsung Sata 2),
ATI Radeon HD4670, 23Zoll TFT
@ home on my S.TL (Split Elefant)

Azaniah
x3tc

Post by Azaniah » Thu, 14. Aug 08, 00:23

After a few hours of hair pulling and forum reading...

If you are using Vista (in my case 64bit) make sure you run the X3LCD_Setup.exe as Administrator.

This appears to have resolved the issue of shared files (and the constant No Game Found if everything else has been done).

hope this helps someone...

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”