[SCRIPT] Trading Distribution Network V1.01 : Update 04/10/2006

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 21. May 07, 23:40

actually i have a better idea.

im currently working on a new feature that will be part of the Plugin Manager v2.0, which allows you to customize parts of the script via the plugin manager itself.

so that feature would be perfect for that kind of option

wanderer
x3tc

ship gets removed all wares including shields, weapons, ...

Post by wanderer » Tue, 22. May 07, 19:55

Hello Cycrow,

I found another problem with the TDN scripts.
Created a network between 2 Trade Stations and the HQ.
Assigned one Merkur with ff. inventory:
- Adv.. Jumpdrive
- ECs ~12000
- 3x25M Shields
- ASG

now, I set a homebase - ship is now flying to the nearest station. Fine. After it arives, I get rid of my inventory. Shields, ECs, ASG and the Adv.JD are gone. Well, not so good. The installed extensions e.g. normal Jumpdrive, NS1, ... is still there (all I installed). Only the ware's are gone.

To above wares:
Shields, ECs are traded inside the network, ASG and Adv.JD not.

regards

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 22. May 07, 21:31

were these wares that were on the ship when u assigned it to the network ?

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Tue, 22. May 07, 23:04

Hello Cycrow,

correct.
Now, I am testing an (nearly) empty ship. Only installed Navigation software, Jumpdrive (normal one) and trade software MK2. Restarted then the ship and TDN completly new.

He refills with ECs on my Tradestation but isn't jumping. Station are located in my own sector and in Trantor.

Also, I am trying to let another ship deliver upgrades e.g. Adv.JD. Therefore I use the FSUP. Will come back if I went through.

regards

Afterwards:
Confirm that all wares are gone, even when normal transfer. I had 3x25M and 5x5M Shields carried to Trantor. There 1x25M and 4x5M Shields where removed - curious...
Also, 2nd try. Similar ware load. Now I used FSUP to transfer an Adv.JD to the TDN transporter. After he got it, it jumped to Trantor, back again (!!) and then the Adv.JD was removed als all other wares ecept around 160ECs. Courious as well, because Adv.JD is not a ware in my network.

wanderer
x3tc

re: Problems with lost wares

Post by wanderer » Thu, 24. May 07, 00:01

Hey Cycrow,
...I found another problem with the TDN scripts.
Created a network between 2 Trade Stations and the HQ.
Assigned one Merkur with ff. inventory:
- Adv.. Jumpdrive
- ECs ~12000
- 3x25M Shields
- ASG

now, I set a homebase - ship is now flying to the nearest station. Fine. After it arrives, I get rid of my inventory. Shields, ECs, ASG and the Adv.JD are gone.
I think, I found the problem - its the HQ!

In case you select the HQ into your network it seems that your average calculation to supply the stations gets problems. The freighter will be empty.
But why it also removed the Adv.JD? - I still not know this.

regards

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 24. May 07, 01:02

im not sure about the HQ, as the script was made becfore the HQ was available

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 24. May 07, 08:57

HQ differs from Docks. If this script requests for "max the station can hold" from HQ, the answer is probably quite unlike any Dock. Skews averages. If one can hold thousands and all the others only two ...

This script could start using the "limit" variables that Dockware Manager can set for HQ. But still, the number from differ from 2.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Sat, 26. May 07, 00:06

Hey Cycrow,

he has one point,
jlehtone wrote:HQ differs from Docks. If this script requests for "max the station can hold" from HQ, the answer is probably quite unlike any Dock. Skews averages. If one can hold thousands and all the others only two ...

This script could start using the "limit" variables that Dockware Manager can set for HQ. But still, the number from differ from 2.
the other is:
'064 $average = $amt / $max.stations' inside plugin.tdn.logic. Assume you have 2 stations, then you may have products with an average count of *.5, if 3 stations *.33, and so one. Now, this also makes problems. I got a lot of wares left back inside the ship, all count 1. Also, had a look during unload in the stations warehouse. I counted up with the calculated average, but the ship had one ware more. This is the leftover. So, in case of several stations, you may experience more problems.
HQ I let out, after this much problems I described before. Still, sometimes I loose my complete inventory. This mostly when the script 'plugin.tdn.shipdeliver' runs. Also, after a restart of the game this happend. During the save before the restart, this script was running. I started the trader new, and all runs fine (will see how long :?: ). Will testing this behaviour further more.

Next. the jumproutine,
Hm, quite fine, you 'transport' the ec's from 'heaven' :D In line '048 = [THIS] -> add $needed.energy units of Energiezellen' of plugin.tdn.shipdeliver, so we get them for free...
Well, its ok for me ...
But, the problem lays a bit deeper in case you use the Adv.JD or other way scripts. Assume, I have a trader running TDM and he has ECs left.

Code: Select all

- Eg. we have 2000ECs loaded
040     $energy = [THIS] -> get amount of ware Energiezellen in cargo bay
- Eg. we need 200ECs for the jump
041     $needed.energy = [THIS] -> needed jump drive energy for jump to sector $to.sector
- Skipping, while 2000>200
042     skip if $energy >= needed.energy
043      $needed.energy = $energy
- now, we have eg. 500ECs free for possible upload
044     $free.energy = [THIS] -> get free amount of ware Energiezellen in cargo bay
- Also skipping, 500>200
045     skip if $free.energy >= $needed.energy
046      $needed.energy = $free.energy
- NOT skipping, 200<1 is false
047     skip if $needed.energy < 1
!! - and now we get some ECs for free again :-)
048      = [THIS] -> add $needed.energy units of Energiezellen
This may work in case you see the 2000ECs as load for a station. But, it isn't. Because I have this situation, all 3 stations have ECs a ware, and all 3 stations are empty. The ship is not unloading them. They are not in the array of products to transfer. If then, you use the Adv.JD this ECs count up, while they are not used anymore. My solution - I created a 'if' to check for the Adv.JD. and to avoid this/get around of it...

The ware adding is done quite well, its cool. So now I have my 3 Tradestations always filled up from my complexes. Also, when I dump an empty dock inside the network, it will be filled. For later version - possibility to lock/or delete wares?

regards

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 26. May 07, 00:14

im going to look into updating the script at some point, but im busy with other things right now

hopefulyl when i get chance, ill fix all the problems, and make it work ok with the HQ

Supguys

Post by Supguys » Wed, 19. Dec 07, 02:59

Thanks for this great script cycrow. It has been a while since the last update so I was just wondering if the jumpdrive usage issue was fixed in the current version.

dastaplur09

All links broken to one of your scripts.

Post by dastaplur09 » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 00:13

Hey Cycrow. I was out-of-my-mind excited when I found your script Trading Distribution Network in the script library. It is exactly what I have been aimlessly searching the internet for since I bought my first trading station. The only problem is that I can't download it. :cry: The first two links are broken and the third one links to a website that doesn't contain the script. Is there an alternate link and, if not, would it be possible to send me a copy of the script via email? My email address is dastaplur09@gmail.com

-Thanks.
Split ask: Why the heck do I get the crappy M2?!

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 00:48

Use this link for downloads of Cycrow's mods:

http://www.xpluginmanager.co.uk/scripts/

The TDN script from this thread is under the "Other Scripts" section, and I verified is a working download link. Whether or not all the script packages are as up-to-date as possible on this site I am unsure, but it is the only working site for me with his content on it.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 7. Sep 08, 22:57

all the mirrors are down :(

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 7. Sep 08, 23:59

first page updated with working links

xandalis
x3tc

Post by xandalis » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 06:48

Alright, I've encountered a bit of a problem with this one. The command to create a network isn't appearing when I goto the station's command console. Not sure if I have conflicts from other scripts I've downloaded or not as of yet. Code isn't my area of expertise, so I wouldn't really know where to begin looking. Though I have made sure that no files were being overwritten during installation of any packs, etc. And most of the ones I'm using are Cycrow's.

Though, one thought I just had, is this: I'm not entirely sure about the "jargon" in reference to trading stations. Does this mean specifically "trade docks" or is it just referencing any station you own that you want to be part of a network?

Edit: Okay, scratch that. So an actual "trading station" is required for this to work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 18:13

yeah its a way to evenly distrupt goods around the universe in trading docks.

normal stations can only hold the product they create, so wouldn't really work for something like this.

you can get the products from stations to be deleivered to the nearest trading dock thou so it can be distributes throughout the whole universe

unity100
x3tc

Post by unity100 » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:58

will this work with x3 ap xrm installations ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 27. Feb 14, 15:59

No, it won't.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”