[AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions v15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 18:52

Xenon Migration is taking me 2-3+ capital ships to keep things clean. Lets see what type of havoc this script will create :mrgreen:

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:13

Mailo, I mispoke. You will get credit for the ships that you kill, just not the ships that you don't kill. If you kill 2, and someone else kills one, you'll be paid for 2. I did test this script extensively on my own game with an increased spawn rate, and everything seemed in order.

I have completely written the AI on the ships themselves, and it's only search and destroy. If the ships are jumping out, either they weren't spawned by this script, or another mod is taking them over.

Mailo
x3

Post by Mailo » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:18

Ok, then something else went wrong, because I received no reward at all for my ~50 kills.
It is possible I left one ship behind that turned neutral, which would explain why I didn't find any hostiles but still didn't get a "mission complete" message. Only quite some time later, right before I was notified of the next invasion, did I get a message that the sector now was safe again.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 19:30

Ah, ok. Yeah, what happened is one of the following:

a) You did not kill the ships (regardless of how hard you looked, you didn't find them. I have never ran into that problem as I've always had 8 adv. sats in every sector, modded, so I can see everything.

b) You accidently capped a xenon ship.

If the following day you recieved a mission complete message, it means another race found the lone ship and destroyed it, thus completing the invasion. It's not likely to happen, because the search and destroy script has the ships returning to the center of the sector every so often to re-calibrate their search pattern, but depending on the design of the sector, these lone spawned ships could be lonely for quite some time.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 22:28

Litcube wrote:Ah, ok. Yeah, what happened is one of the following:

a) You did not kill the ships (regardless of how hard you looked, you didn't find them. I have never ran into that problem as I've always had 8 adv. sats in every sector, modded, so I can see everything.

b) You accidently capped a xenon ship.

If the following day you recieved a mission complete message, it means another race found the lone ship and destroyed it, thus completing the invasion. It's not likely to happen, because the search and destroy script has the ships returning to the center of the sector every so often to re-calibrate their search pattern, but depending on the design of the sector, these lone spawned ships could be lonely for quite some time.
I captured a Kha'ak carrier... will it work if i reverse-engineer it? (I capped it using heavy assault technollogy). Also got a m3 and 2 m5s.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 2. Apr 07, 22:37

If it was spawned by this script, and you find that you're not getting any invasions, that's probably the reason. You might have to turn off the plugin, re-start it.

DangerDave

Post by DangerDave » Tue, 3. Apr 07, 18:47

**Note on capturing these spawned enemies**
For some reason, the signal command -> capture for xenon ships is either bugged or simply doesn't work, so I can't attach a script for any ships that bail. If you see a xenon ship that was spawned by this script that had bailed, you will have to destroy it in order to close the current spawn. Sorry folks, but if someone can explain to me why it's not working, I'll fix it.

I assume by your description you are storing the enemy fleet in an array and checking $ship -> exists to tell if the fleet has been eliminated. You could add a second check for if $ship is no longer Xenon/Khaak, since abandoned ships change to I think neutral race.
Dave.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Sat, 7. Apr 07, 01:13

I lost the carrier (obviously) but also the 3 gamma kyon emitters that I got previously... How can I script them back?

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 23:51

Litcube wrote:I haven't requested it to be in the library. I figured if people liked it, it'd catch on by worth of mouth. Some of the self-promotion with mods is embarrasing, and I wanted to avoid it if it wasn't worthy for the community.
Litcube,

Thanks heaps for the time & effort you have put into these scripts. I am using both the Xenon and Khaak Invasion scripts, and although I have made a few minor mods to them, they are EXCELLENT!!

Top marks, and this does make the x3 universe a better place to be. This sort of thing really should have been in the vanilla game. Fancy having "enemies" who never really bother you!?!?

I would love to see this concept expended, to have the Xenon or Khaak start to build stations in their invaded sector (if they have been left to do so) and then after a bit of time, start to invade neighbouring sectors. How cool would that be!!!

AG.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Sun, 15. Apr 07, 23:56

Litcube wrote:It's not likely to happen, because the search and destroy script has the ships returning to the center of the sector every so often to re-calibrate their search pattern, but depending on the design of the sector, these lone spawned ships could be lonely for quite some time.
Is it just me, but I have found several Xenons with a speed of 0 just sitting around waiting for you to kill them. This includes J/Ks, as well as L/Ms etc. Sometimes they do nothing even when you shoot them. The Capital ships tend to activate when you get close enough though.

AG.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 18. Apr 07, 20:39

No, in the the search and destroy script, they're programmed to park themselves in a random location and wait for something to enter their scanner range. This decreases the system load significantly. When you start attacking them, they should awaken.

Are you sure they just sat there when attacked?

Also, I like your idea of establishing bases, and invading neighbours. You could have a real-time realistic war going on. Eventually, the whole universe could be taken over. Hmm..

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 18. Apr 07, 20:40

DangerDave,

I'm not using an "exist", I'm using a signal which captures the kill. Without that, I wouldn't be able to tell who killed the ship.

I'm using the same routines for the capture signal as well, but it simply doesn't fire.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 02:21

The invasion will not happen in any sector containing a shipyard.
Does this only include the normal shipyards or will additional shipyards spawned by other plugins (e.g. merc guild shipyard) "protect" a sector from a invasion, too?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 02:28

The check is for an object of type "Shipyard". So I imagine other mods spawning shipyards in systems will also render them unavailable for spawns.

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 03:01

Litcube wrote:Are you sure they just sat there when attacked?
The J/Ks always react when you get close to them, however squadrons of L/Ms etc tend to be idle right up until they get attacked. Perhaps their scanner range is really limited? I could have sworn also, that some squadrons remain static even when you kill their mates, but I really should check that out a bit more.
Litcube wrote:Also, I like your idea of establishing bases, and invading neighbours. You could have a real-time realistic war going on. Eventually, the whole universe could be taken over. Hmm..
Seriously, how cool would that be. I think you'll have a VERY popular script if you decided to give it a go. Is something like that a major project, or only moderate?

AG.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 03:12

Take the initial time estimate for a project and multiply it by a factor of 100 to get the amount of work required. I'll be considering this.

subaluigi
x3tc

Post by subaluigi » Thu, 19. Apr 07, 15:46

Salut Litcube, :)

your script sounds interesting, well, both ;)
Will check them tomorrow/weekend. I hope, it's working fine together with the other scripts i've installed:
1101 & Bzzztzzr by Redspot,
Bounty Hunter Guild by Cycrow,
Xenon Migration by Cycrow,
Pirate Guild Intelligent Pirate Behaviours by Serial Kicked,
YakiArmada by Serial Kicked,
Race Invasion by STM,
Race Response Fleet - jump to protect by LV + toastie
and another Kha'ak- invasion script I found in my X3 downloadfolder, but I'm sorry, I don't know anymore, who made it and where it can be found in the Forum again :-(
But they all together are making an end to the calm and peaceful vanilla- X3. :D - There is always some action in universe :)

Well, talking about to extend this script. The idea of invading enemies is really cool, but let's talk about somthing different. I've checked the "Fight Command Software MK3: The new fighting AI" by X-Freak Cartman [KBG] and it looks cool. I would be happy if u could talk to Cartman if it would be possible to take his script and combine it with yours -> would mean, tricky, quickly evading special enemies... :twisted:
The idea is, I think a complete armada is a bit heavy, but from time to time a "special-invasion" with maybe 10, 15 M3 using this fighting MK3- software would be really fun 8)
We all love competition ;)
But well, it's only an idea, think about it :)

Have a good time, à la prochaine, merci

Louis
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***modified***
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨and proud of it!!
'Cause X without scripts is like girls without tits...

another new video of the: >>Terran Conflict<<

agleave
x3tc

Post by agleave » Fri, 20. Apr 07, 14:44

Litcube wrote:Take the initial time estimate for a project and multiply it by a factor of 100 to get the amount of work required. I'll be considering this.
Hmm, fair enough! Well, its up to you!! I am more than happy to put my hand up as a "tester", but I'm sure you have plenty of other offers!

I think, if you feel you have the time for it, would be an amazing mod. I have not seen/heard ANYTHING along these lines. There are no mods/scripts which actually have enemies creating stations and expanding. This would be seriously popular I think.

There is an AI Competitor's script by LV, but unfortunately he's having to re-work some code, however that script I am very much looking forward too also.

AG.

Kalen

Post by Kalen » Wed, 1. Aug 07, 18:37

The invasions will only happen in any of the 5 major races sectors. The invasion will not happen in any sector containing a shipyard, or any sectors not found to have any stations.
I am playing with XTM and I would like to add the terrans to the script.
Would it be easy ?

Terrans need to know fear too :twisted:

Thanks

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 2. Aug 07, 01:34

Depends on how much scripting you know, I guess.[/quote]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”