[AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions v15

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Litcube
xr

[AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions v15

Post by Litcube » Mon, 8. Jan 07, 02:38

Litcube's Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions V15

Updated August 20th, 2007

:arrow: http://litcube.com/X3/LitcubesKhaakXeno ... onsV15.spk

Since version 14, this script package includes both invasion plugins (you can enable either or), and are both XTM & Vanilla compatible.

The universe, I thought, was a little too safe. And I've always complained in the forums how there's not enough to do with the vast millions of credits / war ships. Or rather, it’s too *easy* to gain vast amounts of credits. Couldn't have done this without Cycrow and Voxol.

Each plugin, while enabled, will, under certain circumstances, launch a Kha’ak or Xenon invasion to a semi-random sector, with semi-random ships. You are sent a distress call upon the launch of the invasion. Upon any of your ships destroying all or some of the invading ships you will be rewarded with both credits and a small notoriety bonus. And a thank you letter. The random timer will then start again.

You will not be paid until all invader ships within the sector have been destroyed. Credit and notoriety rewards depend on the type of ship destroyed.

*ChangeLog At Bottom*

*Upgrading from a previous version*
Load your save game. Set the plug-in to OFF, wait for 2 minutes for it to unregister itself. Save your game. Quit. Uninstall the previous version using Cycrow's Installer. Load the new version. Load your game.

If you want invasions, and don’t want the surprise spoiled as to what conditions your character has met, when, or where, or what the invasions will spawn, read no further. Also, know that the conditions will eventually be met by every player, as they’re simply trade and fight ranks. So, spoilers below.

Please post bugs.

The conditions:
- You have achieved trade rank: Economist
- You have achieved fight rank: Fighter Chief

Once these two conditions are met, the game will count down in time before the first invasion.

There is an approx. chance on when the invasions will happen:

Kha'ak:
- ~70% chance anywhere between 10 hours - 24hours.
- ~22% chance anywhere between 18 hours - 30 hours.
- ~6% chance anywhere between 3 hours – 8 hours.

Xenon:
- ~70% chance anywhere between 5 hours -10 hours.
- ~22% chance anywhere between 8 hours - 16 hours.
- ~6% chance anywhere between 1 hours – 2 hours.

Once the time has passed, a number of Kha’ak or Xenon ships will be spawned.
60% chance they will spawn either group 1, 2, or 3 (Easy)
35% chance they will spawn either group 4, 5, or 6 (Difficult)
15% chance they will spawn either group 7, 8, or 9 (Hard)

Groups are as follows, the first ship being the leader, the second its wingmen. Note that the XTM versions also include XTM ships in their spawns not included here. Please see the readme within the SPK file for further details.

Kha'ak:
1: 1-2 Fighters, 6-8 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 6-8 Interceptors

2: 1-3 Fighters, 6-8 Interceptors
1-2 Fighters, 2-4 Fighters

3: 1 Carrier, 4-6 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 3-4 Scouts

4: 1 Carrier, 4-6 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 2-4 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 2-4 Interceptors

5: 1-2 Carrier, 4-6 Interceptors
1-2 Fighters, 4-6 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 4-6 Interceptors

6: 1 Carrier, 4-6 Interceptors
1 Destroyers, 4-6 Interceptors
1-2 Fighters, 4-6 Scouts

7: 1-2 Carrier, 4-6 Interceptors
1-2 Destroyers, 4-6 Interceptors
1-2 Fighters, 4-6 Scouts

8: 2 Carrier, 4-6 Interceptors
2 Destroyers, 4-6 Interceptors
2-4 Fighters, 2-4 Scouts
2-4 Fighters, 2-4 Interceptors

9: 2-3 Carrier, 4-5 Interceptors
2-3 Destroyers, 4-6 Interceptors
1-2 Fighters, 2-4 Scouts
1-2 Fighters, 2-4 Interceptors

Xenon:
1: 1-2 P, 2-5 N
1-2 N, 2-4 N

2: 3-4 P, 2-4 M
1-2 M, 2-4 M

3: 4-5 P, 2-4 M
1-2 P, 2-4 LX
1-2 M, 1-2 M

4: 3-4 P, 2-4 M
2-3 LX, 2-3 L
1-2 M, 1-2 M

5: 2-3 P, 2-4 LX
1-1 J, 2-4 N

6: 1-2 P, 2-4 M
1-2 J, 2-4 N

7: 2-3 P, 2-4 M
2-3 J, 2-4 LX

8: 1-2 P, 2-4 N
1-2 J, 2-4 LX
1-2 K, 2-4 L

9: 2-3 P, 2-4 M
2-3 J, 2-4 LX
2-3 K, 2-4 L

Once the group is spawned, you will receive a distress call from the owner race of the sector in which the spawns took place.

The invasions will only happen in any of the 5 major races sectors. The invasion will not happen in any sector containing a shipyard, or any sectors not found to have any stations.

**Change Log**
V15
- Kills were not being reset properly, causing the player to receive the current reward plus all previous rewards. This has been rectified.
- Kills are now ship specific and are paid differently per ship type instead of class.

V14
- Integrated XTM with Vanilla version. Checks for XTM via XTMOD.ACTIVE global variable.
- Whoopsie! Those noticing long wait times for an invasion noticed a bug. This should be fixed. Follow the updating to new version instructions at the top of this thread to reset this.

V12
- A near complete rewrite of the framework. Smaller, cleaner, faster.
- No more global scripts. Those are messy. Should drastically increase performance
- Optimized attack scripts for performance over realism.
- Added XTM 0.7.2 versions.

V11
- Thanks to goulchewer again, I packaged the scripts incorrectly. Rewards should show up correctly, randomly generated sectors should work. Sounds should now function correctly.

V10
- Removed a testing flag that shows up in the player log. This was embarrasing because it happens to be a swearsie. My sincerest apologies to all who saw this.

V9
- There was a serious error with the global attack scripts run on the spawned ships. Several spawns were taking place when they should not have, and were not terminating properly. For all current users, go into the script editor and choose "Global Scipt Tasks". If there's anything in there, hit the delete key on everyone. This might cause the current spawn to behave poorly, but it will resume properly once the next invasion occurs.
- When capturing a ship, the script would not sense that you have defeated all enemies. I have increased the priority of the capture and it should work properly now. For those currently using captured ships, destroy them, and the reward script should work.

V8
- The previous version what somewhat of a slide show on some spawn groups. Decreased the amount of ships a little and optimized my attack script.
- Rewards much higher.
- Plugin now automatically enables itself on install. Turning the plugin off unregisters the script.

V0.6
-Fixed bug with reward script, now no longer erroneously hands out massive notoriety.
Last edited by Litcube on Sun, 16. Sep 07, 17:33, edited 11 times in total.

dostillevi
x3

Post by dostillevi » Mon, 8. Jan 07, 04:09

looks great! I'm curious now to see if the race rapid response fleets will finally be overwhelmed. They've lasted through the xenon invasions and the yaki armada.. this might do them in, we'll see :D

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Tue, 16. Jan 07, 00:35

Version 9 posted. See change log.

Realspace
x4

Re: [AL Plugin] Litcube's Kha'ak Invasions v8 / Litcube's Xenon Invasions v8

Post by Realspace » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 05:31

Litcube wrote:
The universe, I thought was a little too safe. And I've always complained in the forums how there's not enough to do with the vast millions of credits / war ships.

.... I agree ... so this is a very welcome plugin !!!!
I'll try it and report.

Great work!

goulchewer
x2

Post by goulchewer » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 14:16

Litcube,
version 9 packages do not contain al.plugin.LitQB.xxxxInv.Registr.xml files, should we use the ones included in packages of version 8?

Nice plugins (and nice rewards :D )

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 17:27

Whoops! Oversight on my part! I reuploaded the package. The files are in there. Thanks for the spot, goulchewer.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Wed, 17. Jan 07, 23:09

goulchewer wrote:Litcube,
version 9 packages do not contain al.plugin.LitQB.xxxxInv.Registr.xml files, should we use the ones included in packages of version 8?

Nice plugins (and nice rewards :D )
Hi Litcube: Is this is already fix?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 00:29

Yes, the new package was uploaded this morning. It should have the register files in the package.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 01:03

Thanks I will try it right now....

dazzoefc77
x3

Post by dazzoefc77 » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 01:38

Should this show in the AL settings (its not), i installed it using CSI and just want to make sure its running.

Sounds great BTW
No silly Teladi i dont lose profit, I get your ship

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 01:48

I accidently forgot to include the register script in the previous pack of V9. Download it again, install it, and ensure the al.plugin.LitQB.KhaakInv.Registr.xml, and the al.plugin.LitQB.KhaakInv.Registr.xml are in your scripts directory. I just tested this with a new game, and they both show up.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 01:52

**Note on capturing these spawned enemies**
For some reason, the signal command -> capture for xenon ships is either bugged or simply doesn't work, so I can't attach a script for any ships that bail. If you see a xenon ship that was spawned by this script that had bailed, you will have to destroy it in order to close the current spawn. Sorry folks, but if someone can explain to me why it's not working, I'll fix it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 02:50

V10 - Turning off the plugin, turning it back on, not required.
- Removed a testing flag that shows up in the player log. This was embarrasing because it happens to be a swearsie. My sincerest apologies to all who saw this.

Puruco
x3

Spawning time

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 15:18

Hi Litcube: How I can shortern the spawning time of the invasions?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 17:33

If you're familiar with scripting, edit the .main file of both of these scripts. Look for an array called Time[x] (it could be called Timer[x]). It's an array of seven integers, if I recall, each depicting the range of time that the scripts will randomly spawn for a countdown until the next event. The numbers represent the number of "ticks" that the script counts down until the invasion. A tick is equal to 60 seconds.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 19:18

Litcube wrote:If you're familiar with scripting, edit the .main file of both of these scripts. Look for an array called Time[x] (it could be called Timer[x]). It's an array of seven integers, if I recall, each depicting the range of time that the scripts will randomly spawn for a countdown until the next event. The numbers represent the number of "ticks" that the script counts down until the invasion. A tick is equal to 60 seconds.
Thanks, this can be made in the script editor?

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 19:53

Er.. If you're asking if the changes I've outlined above can be made in the X3 script editor, then yes.

Puruco
x3

Post by Puruco » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 20:36

Ok, I thougt you where refering to the script itself. thanks again...

goulchewer
x2

Post by goulchewer » Thu, 18. Jan 07, 21:14

Litcube,

LitQB.Lib.FormatNumber.xml is not included in the packages and I am getting rewards with null quantities (although they pay me the right amount of money :) ). LitQB.Lib.GetSoundNumber.xml and LitQB.Lib.Gen.GetSectorArray.xml are also not included but I got them from 0.6 version. Finally, I found out that, in the khaak package, there is a al.LitQB.XenonInv.EnemyKilled.xml instead of a al.LitQB.Khaak Inv.EnemyKilled.xml; so I guess that something is not working as it should (although I have not check it)

I hope the feedback can help you. I also think that the x-universe is quite boring and need some extra action :D .

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 19. Jan 07, 00:39

Oh crap. Thanks again, goulchewer. I'll upload the proper package. All these careless errors I'm making packing this thing.

Thanks, man. I would have never known if you didn't do the research into what was missing.

Give me an hour.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”