[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in future releases?

Poll ended at Mon, 7. May 07, 02:24

More BBS content (missions/quests)
26%
More sectors
9%
More capital ships
26%
More M6/6+/7 class ships
13%
More fighter class (M3 to M5) ships
22%
Nothing more, I'm with the way it is
4%

Total votes: 23

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 13:55

Its been awhile but Id thought id give you quick update on the status of v3.3.

Since the first test release of v3.3, the mod has gone under a few changes. So a new test version has been released.

I have added a new script to the mod - Claim sectors. In the khaak start you claim for the khaak, while in normal games you claim for yourself. You can not claim unknown sectors in normal games. You can only claim a sector if there are no stations or ships owned by the owning race.

So far in the khaak start you can:

- Build ships and stations (a Khaak TL has been added),
- Buy ships from the khaak shipyard (up-to the Khaak M0),
- Deploy 3 new stations (High-tech fab, Goods fab and Metal fab),
- Buy equipment from the khaak equipment dock (restocks),
- Sell slaves for extra money (slowly are removed),
- Claim sectors and try to dominate the X-Galaxy,

Is anyone interested in being a Khaak? :khaak:
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 12:59

Im more than keen for a Khaak start and im sure theres alot more people that are too.

My only concern with it would be the amount of trade oppertunitys,i see that youve added khaak trade goods but will we be able to build khaak weps and shields and also be able to mine and build spp`s.

The only reason i ask is, while i like combat i also enjoy a trade aspect alot more.

Really though as i havent tried your mod before the khaak start is one option so if i find the trade side isnt enough for me i think i could run several save games to fully take advantage of what youve made.

Once again from your youtube streams that ive seen this mod should be well worth several play throughs and im really looking forward to it,keep up the good work.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 14:28

zdan30 wrote:My only concern with it would be the amount of trade oppertunitys,i see that youve added khaak trade goods but will we be able to build khaak weps and shields and also be able to mine and build spp`s.
Me and jacer thought about the khaak being more attack based rather than resources however they do play a role. The start begins with 4 or 5 NPC stations that can supply you with goods for your HQ. However your main role will be to steal, kill and capture. You can sell captured ships to the shipyard for money, equipment is automatically re-stocked and you can build complex (with the Khaak TL).

However your primary goal is to build up a fleet and take on the universe. So there will be a bit of fighting in this start, after-all your a khaak creature! Ships cost money or resources and arent freely given.

My newly coded claim sector allows you claim sector for the khaak. When you do, khaak ships come to re-force the sector.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 16:37

I have released a trailer for the khaak start in v3.3. I hope you enjoy:
- Roguey's X3 Mod news

I plan to release v3.3 tomorrow, unless anything happens.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 19:10

Just checked out the link,looks good and the fact it may be released tomorrow is even better :D

Another question if i may.

Do the Khaak scouts/interceptors and fighters come with energy free jumpdrives?
Or do they have decent size cargo holds to hold enough cells?

Also is there anyway to befriend Xenon or possibly pirates or at the very least gain some kind of mutual cease fire or will it be all out carnage?

I have so many question but i`ll limit myself to those and leave the rest to be found out by me when i finally get my hands on your mod :D

Im really looking forward to it,having never played one of your mods its going to be great fun finding all the added sectors and trying out the starts

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 20:50

Hi there, ask away :)
zdan30 wrote:Do the Khaak scouts/interceptors and fighters come with energy free jumpdrives?
Nope they use the normal jump-drive however things arent too bad. When you claim a sector for the khaak, there is a chance that a khaak station is added to the sector. If a station is added, it will have energy cells which will re-stock. This can make you expand out from your home. The only downside is that you must use the mouse to click on the sector, as X3 wont allow you to select khaak sectors as normal. There is a smaller chance that a khaak shipyard is built. Both can lead to delay when playing, as the model is loading.

zdan30 wrote:Also is there anyway to befriend Xenon or possibly pirates or at the very least gain some kind of mutual cease fire or will it be all out carnage?
The khaak should be all you need, as you can build/buy ships, equipment, stations etc. without any other races. The main 5 races are hostile but the others are there normal levels. The start is mostly about fighting but you can build your own complexes for resources for your HQ.
zdan30 wrote:I have so many question but i`ll limit myself to those and leave the rest to be found out by me when i finally get my hands on your mod :D
Well jacer as been helping me out with it, however ive had no word from him for a week now. I pretty much added all he's idea's, so guessing he's happy with the start now.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 12:43

Version 3.3 released

Today, v3.3 of the X3 mod has been released. In this version there number of updates such as updated sector backgrounds, high resolution load screens, sector claiming and the updated khaak start. A big thanks to jacer for his help and advice on the khaak start. I hope you enjoy the mod!
- Roguey's X3 mod,

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 21:08

Ive had this working for a few hour`s now,but ive reached a point where i have a few small problems,im only posting them now as they are my problems i realise this but by posting maybe someone might see something obvious that im not.

Ive tried adding my fav scripts to this mod and so far its ok except for the khaak start,which when it starts just blows my fighter up,i will post a list of scripts im using at the bottom of this page.

When i start the game i have to select between either your mod package or the plug in manager package which has me worried that i wont be able to use the plugin manager to install scripts to your mod.

Also im finding it hard to get the universe map to move to the sector i want,what i mean is once i move it away from the sector i start in ( the one with my HQ) it rufuses to go back there,i just cant get the sector to highlight so i can jump back.

Apart from these minor things it looks great.

My scripts list..

Add Jumprdrives and Transporter Devices to EQ Docks :: -ITF- Uncle Dave :: Yes :: 1 :: 26/08/2008
Advanced Jumpdrive :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.50 :: 11/03/2007
Advanced Tractor Beam :: Bunny :: Yes :: 1.15 :: 25/03/2007
Assassins Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.60 :: 07/08/2006
Asteroid creator :: Fud :: Yes :: 1.2 :: 23/07/2006
Auto Debris Harvestor :: Nividium :: Yes :: 2.01 :: 20/10/2007
BBS Advertisement :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 11/02/2006
BBS Extras :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.61 :: 04/12/2006
BBS Offers :: LV :: Yes :: 1.3 :: 29/04/2006
BBS Project 2 :: moot :: Yes :: 2.5 :: 06/05/2008
BBS Race Reparations :: eladan :: Yes :: 1.01 :: 14/12/2007
Bail Signal Extension :: voxol/xfir01 :: Yes :: 2.1 :: 18/08/2007
Bounty Hunters Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.80 :: 24/07/2007
Combat Tractor :: Bunny :: Yes :: 1.30 :: 29/09/2006
Community Extended Mod Pack :: AalaarDB / Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.01 :: 11/11/2006
Deathmatch Arena Redux :: LV :: Yes :: 1.3 :: 30/06/2008
Dock TS :: LV :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 28/01/2006
Dynamic Trading System :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.42 :: 19/02/2006
Exterior Warehouse :: Blacky_BPG :: Yes :: 1.5.0 :: 18/07/2007
Extra Missions Pack :: al_main :: Yes :: 1.20 :: 27/02/2006
Factory Complex Constructor :: Dusty :: No :: 3.21 :: 22/09/2007
Freight Transporter Upgrade :: LV :: Yes :: 1.2 :: 03/10/2006
Jump To Me Command :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.20 :: 12/08/2006
Mercenaries Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 2.90 :: 13/03/2007
Merchants Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.50 :: 11/03/2007
Nividium Mines :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 28/11/2006
Nividium Spacefly Farms :: Nividium :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 09/09/2007
OOS Reward :: Nemeo :: Yes :: 0.9 :: 26/11/2007
Overtune BBS :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.50 :: 19/06/2006
Pirate Base Locator :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 25/07/2006
Player Friendly Equipment Docks :: Voxol :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 20/04/2007
Player Friendly Shipyards :: Voxol :: Yes :: 2.0 :: 09/11/2006
Race Military :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 15/08/2006
Racers Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 11/08/2006
RedStar Dynamic TradeNet :: Rob Vernon :: Yes :: 1.07 :: 16/03/2006
Report Enemy Action :: eladan :: Yes :: 1.12 :: 25/07/2008
Resource-Free Factory :: SlasherArcana :: Yes :: 2.0.2.2 :: 10/05/2007
Salvage Claim Software :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.05 :: 29/06/2006
Ship Jamming Device :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.00 :: 09/08/2006
Smugglers Guild :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.33 :: 10/04/2006
Stevio Fab Supplier :: Stevio :: Yes :: 3.02 :: 30/05/2007
Stevio Shipyard :: Stevio :: Yes :: 2.00 :: 30/05/2007
Stevio Weapons Dealer :: Stevio :: Yes :: 2.10 :: 30/05/2007
Treasurehunt Redux :: LV :: Yes :: 1.1 :: 20/03/2007
Warehouse :: Nividium :: Yes :: 1.40 :: 14/09/2007
Weapons Changer :: Bunny :: Yes :: 2.50 :: 15/07/2007

I havent installed pirate guild to this mod yet as i think that will deff crash it and i wanted to see if i could get some of these working first,so i`ll spend the rest of my time this weekend going through them one by one and see`ing if i can find the culprit.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 21:30

Ive fixed my scripts problem,i have to pick your mod from the load screen and not the plugin manager,all this means is i wont be able to import any of my ships should i want to try any of the other starts.

I probly could import my ships if i knew how to without using the ship creator/plugin manager but really its not a big problem as the main reason i got this mod was for the khaak start and i have to say so far it looks great and even with a ton of ships in the start sector its as smooth as its ever been.

Still having trouble getting the universe map to move where i want it to though,i will have to jump back to white clouds and manually travel back to my HQ sector.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 21:52

hi there,

im glad you got it sorted - blowing when starting isnt a good start :)

This 'plugin manager' is used to add ships to the game? that will cause problems probably because it wont understand the changes done. I wouldnt of thought scripts should be any problem however?

btw, the problem with the universe map - is it that you cant select the sector? If so, this is a problem in X3 not the mod. I did find that you could use the mouse pointer to click on the sector however.

let me know how you get on :)
- Roguey

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 20. Feb 11, 23:05

Great idea about the mouse pointer,i havent tried it as of yet but as soon as i finish this post i will.

So far all is well,ive been poking my nose into a few sectors and then running out with my tail between my legs :lol:

Ive managed to cap a few TS and ive sent them back to the sector with my HQ to do abit of running about trading between stations for extra cash to get some scouts.

The problem i had was when i capped ships i had to walk them back to the start sector as i couldt tell them to go there as the uni map wouldnt let me so i assigned the HQ as a home base to my scout and just sent it home and got the TS and anything else i capped to follow it,once they were back i used the property menu and then sector`s to open the area i wanted,it was getting alittle annoying but now i`ll try the mouse idea.

The plugin manager is just a nice and simple way for me to add ships,i use the ship creator to make them and save them into a X ship package file then just add it using the plugin manager,both programs were made by Cycrow i believe and they just take any thinking out of it,which is just how i like it :D

I have managed to take a sector and within 10 RL minutes the place is swarming with scouts,interceptors,fighters and clusters,its a real hit and hold mentality.

After the first 2-3 hours or so of playing im loving it,so much so that i might be taking an unplanned day off tomorrow,the joys of being self employed :D

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 02:39

Ive found a few more problems.

1. cant receive msg`s while in a khaak controlled sector (i.e your ship has finished its job and is awaiting orders) also any other type of msg isnt received,what happens is if i organise a few assualt groups and have freighters working in the inner sectors all on "notify me when job is complete" i get no msg`s until i go into a non khaak sector then i get about 20 or so pings within 5 seconds with a back log of msg`s.

2. Im leaking money,well its not so much a leak and more of a tidal wave of cash vanishing,i had 3.2 mill and i was just buying some alpha kyons for some scouts and it said " insuficient credits" :o i reloaded and this time it was fine but it seems to happen randomly and its not always so easy to reload,so far its happned 3 times in about 4 hours.

3. The equipment dock in the main khaak start sector just runs out of gear
to the point that i have to dock somewhere and save then reload and on the reload its stocked again.

4. I think this one is mainly as we start at the arse end of the universe but its slim pickings in the sectors,what i mean is its all defence ships and not enough juicy cargo ships,also once a sectors been taken forget about caps as the other khaak just swarm anything in seconds,for me its not so bad as ive now turned on bail system extension :D

5. I found some system overide software which im sure you mustve placed there but the problem is either ive forgotten how it works or it just dosnt work as i cant work it out,i havent used it in years as i have been using salvage claim software,could you tell me how to get it working as its abit scarey going for a space walk in a red sector :lol:

6. If you could look into fixing the map thing also that would be great.

7. Could you possibly make it cheaper to build from the HQ? Buying resources and then having to pay almost exactly what it would cost minus the resources added with the current map issue makes it just easier to buy the ship there and then.

I know it looks like ive picked holes where ever i could but that isnt the case i really really love this mod so please just take these as suggestions and its only my opinion,if you like it as it is then so be it im just throwing my 2pence out there :D

Im going to have a look at some of the other starts to get a better feel of the universe youve created as i feel ive jumped in head first with the khaak start.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 12:22

zdan30 wrote:After the first 2-3 hours or so of playing im loving it,so much so that i might be taking an unplanned day off tomorrow,the joys of being self employed
Dont take too much time off work :)
zdan30 wrote:cant receive msg`s while in a khaak controlled sector
I was wondering why I didnt get messages too - I just thought it was something to do with my game. Well, this sounds like a hard coded problem in X3. Although its bit odd thing to do.
zdan30 wrote: Im leaking money,well its not so much a leak and more of a tidal wave of cash vanishing,
That is odd. I personanlly havent written any code to do that. Could one of those script be responsible?
zdan30 wrote:The equipment dock in the main khaak start sector just runs out of gear
The re-stock is done on load, this saves having a script always running even for non-khaak games.
zdan30 wrote:I think this one is mainly as we start at the arse end of the universe but its slim pickings in the sectors,
Well the khaak home-world would be very secretive, and off the main routes. So putting you in the middle would be a bit strange. This is were sector claiming comes in. You can spread across the galaxy cut-off trade routes. There is a chance that a shipyard can be spawned (there will be a delay if this happens), so you can sell your ships there.
zdan30 wrote:I found some system overide software which im sure you mustve placed there but the problem is either ive forgotten how it works
Well I thought you get within 5km, then press I and claim?
zdan30 wrote:If you could look into fixing the map thing also that would be great.
That's something I love to fix but this is something in X3. I guess its to stop you from jumping to those 'special' khaak sectors?
zdan30 wrote:Could you possibly make it cheaper to build from the HQ?
Jacer said about this too, however if I change the price of the khaak ships then it will effect all starts. This could make capping khaak worthless. If the mod was solely for the khaak, if I would of adjusted the prices.
zdan30 wrote:I know it looks like ive picked holes where ever i could but that isnt the case i really really love this mod so please just take these as suggestions and its only my opinion,if you like it as it is then so be it im just throwing my 2pence out there :D
Its always great to hear people's thoughts and comments. I admit that khaak start isnt prefect, however its getting everything to fit correctly. Thanks to jacer the start is a lot more usable now.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 03:21

Spent a fair few hours playing the khaak start today,i managed to get the salvage claim software to work as the systems overide wouldnt work at all for me,i had to cheat abit to get it but its made the game more enjoyable ( for me anyway )

I installed pirate guilds and then installed salvage claim so i was able to dock at a pirate base and get one through the BBS :D

Im loving the new ships,im currently using the centuar Sentinel mk II with overtune BBS and the pirate guild overtune ive got this baby upto 129 :P

I also found a
Spoiler
Show
Cruiser tucked way waaay away in a sector near a xenon sector and i sold that to get a the transporter so i could jump into some juicey sectors that i found while scouting with a priest :o
I do have to ask though was it your birthday when you added
Spoiler
Show
Blue mist
or were you just in a very good mood?

Anyway all is well no crashes and im loving the mod :D

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 13:16

zdan30 wrote:Im loving the new ships,im currently using the centuar Sentinel mk II with overtune BBS and the pirate guild overtune ive got this baby upto 129 :P
I wonder what you will think of the new Split M7, Argon M7/M0! Xenon V (M0) then :)
I also found a ...
Bigger map with more danger, so nicer rewards :)
I do have to ask though was it your birthday when you...
Im not sure what you mean, is there something about that sector?

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 01:58

I found about 3 ships in that sector,no damage, all in mint condition and a P v2 in the next sector along and a few sectors back from that i found an engine tuning +10 just floating about so now my centaur is moving along at 162 :D

Minor bug to report...

I buillt a metals fab and while it seems to produce an amazing amount of crystals it refuses to build teladiadium*,the build bar goes up and past 100% but at the end produces nothing,also it dosnt matter what resource i put into the fab it still produces just crystals,ive maxed out the ore and silicon resource and still only crystals.

The only other minor problem ive got is the start sector with my HQ is now almost a slide show as it seems if im in a khaak sector every two-3 minutes it spawns scouts,fights,interceptors and clusters around me,now the start sector is a heaving mass of khaak ships,even OOS and looking at the sector is starting to get painful :lol:

The thing is i see why it does that on border sectors as the scouts get taken out quick but i think there should be a max spawn amount per sector and maybe by sector size.

I built a complex in one sector that was almost khaak free and by the time id sent the transporter back and forth from the ship yard enough times to build the complex that sector became unusable by me as there was just so many khaak every where.

Other than that its fair to say im addicted :D

I havent seen those ships youve mentioned but ive satyed well clear of prime sectors,ive literally found the gates and jumped too them and then through them on scouting missions looking for nice juicy sectors filled with transport ships :P

I have seen quite a few ships ive never seen before and i havent seen one i dont like the look of,ive also seen "Rogueys command ship " when i left it was holding its own.

There also seems to be alot of unique ships that spawn in the same sector like Doombringer in pirates paradise.

Ohh and before i forget love the complex hubs and the little signs,especially the one on the gate to the khaak home sectors.

I still havent been able to afford a juicy capitol ship yet but i`ll keep you posted :D

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 15:17

zdan30 wrote:I found about 3 ships in that sector,no damage, all in mint condition
I think those ships are only in the khaak start and getting them home is normally a problem :)
zdan30 wrote:I buillt a metals fab and while it seems to produce an amazing amount of crystals it refuses to build teladiadium*
Thanks for reporting, I will look into it soon.
zdan30 wrote:The only other minor problem ive got is the start sector with my HQ is now almost a slide show
There should be limits, but ill have to double check them! Claiming sectors should help?
zdan30 wrote:I have seen quite a few ships ive never seen before and i havent seen one i dont like the look of,ive also seen "Rogueys command ship " when i left it was holding its own.
There are lot of ships in the mod, some not even on my site - as some should be a surprise :)
zdan30 wrote:There also seems to be alot of unique ships that spawn in the same sector like Doombringer in pirates paradise.
That's normal.
zdan30 wrote:Ohh and before i forget love the complex hubs and the little signs,especially the one on the gate to the khaak home sectors
Hehe glad you noticed. The new complex hub will dock a capital ship, such as TL for loading/unloading goods.

Profit_EG
x3tc

Post by Profit_EG » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 18:06

Roguey, what can you tell about ClassicRules for v.3.3 ? :o

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 21:31

What would you like to know? :)

Profit_EG
x3tc

Post by Profit_EG » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 21:35

Is this mini-mod (ClassicRules) compatible with v3.3 ?
(sorry for my English)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”