[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in future releases?

Poll ended at Mon, 7. May 07, 02:24

More BBS content (missions/quests)
26%
More sectors
9%
More capital ships
26%
More M6/6+/7 class ships
13%
More fighter class (M3 to M5) ships
22%
Nothing more, I'm with the way it is
4%

Total votes: 23

Roguey
x4

[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

Post by Roguey » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 00:28

last update to this post: 20th Feb, 2011.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please note:
All versions of this mod are compatible with X3 v2.5 existing or new games.
The only thing not in existing games are the extra sectors - not my choice.
This mod is built with X3 v2.5 files. Very easy to install, unzip, select mod and its ready.
No additional programs are required to install or play this mod.

Do not combine this mod with another

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aim of this mod
The aim of this mod is not to dramatically change X3 but to add new, missing and fix features from the original X3 game. This mod should not affect the original game-play too much, keeping the whole X3 galaxy very similar to the original. In many ways you could call this mod a ‘bonus’ mod for X3.

Links
- Roguey's X3 Mod homepage,
- Roguey's X3 Mod, Wiki page,

Videos
- Roguey's X3 Mod v3.3 - Khaak Start (HD)

- Roguey's X3 Mod v3.2 - Trailer (HD)
- Roguey's X3 Mod v3.1 - Trailer (HD)
- Roguey's X3 Mod v3.0 - Trailer 2
- Roguey's X3 Mod v3.0 - Trailer 1
- Roguey's X3 Mod v2.0 - Trailer (HD)

- Classic Rules - Trailer (HD)

please leave me any comments.
Last edited by Roguey on Sun, 20. Feb 11, 12:49, edited 109 times in total.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

A Team
x3

Re: Roguey's X3 Mod v2.00 (Info)

Post by A Team » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 00:40

Roguey wrote: Media
· Screen-shots.
· Trailer - Mk1 (youTube)
Roguey the links are not working.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 00:43

A Team wrote:Roguey the links are not working.
strange, they working for me. Anyone else having troubles?

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 00:56

Roguey wrote:More information
· Detailed description of changes and additions.
· New ship statistics.

Media
· Screen-shots.
· Trailer - Mk1 (youTube)

The mod's 'home' page
· Here.
These links do not work from me and i get redirected to http://www.ueuo.com/404.html
Roguey wrote:· New ship statistics.
This is the only link that works for me.

Running AOL with Internet Explorer 6.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 01:10

strange, just tested with Fire-fox 2 and IE6 - both ok for me. Maybe its a dns? - my host might of moved servers and updated their name - it will probably be fine soon :) think there is still around 5/6 ships planned.
Last edited by Roguey on Thu, 22. Feb 07, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 11:01

the links all work fine for me so not a clue whats going on there, its all looking good :D might start playing x aggain now :D
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

i was born and raised argumentative i dont mean to offend ...... sorry

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Thu, 22. Feb 07, 11:47

I just re-balancing attacks from xenon sectors - they come from many Xenon's sectors to attack! Not an Invasion, but they could do a lot of damage to a sector! Basically some Xenon's don't sit in their own sectors any-more!

Calebharrington
x3

Post by Calebharrington » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 00:55

What music did you use for the Trailer (nice job btw) or did you make the music yourself?

A Team
x3

Post by A Team » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 00:59

Its the soundtrack is from the Original Egosoft Trailer. It can be found here

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 23. Feb 07, 01:22

the soundtrack is ego's. Its a really nice piece of music. Should be able to get the Mk2 video out soonish - shows much more :)

I can make a large full screen version of the trailer, however its too big for any of my web space, so I doubt many of you will ever see that version.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 01:40

Mk2 of the trailer is now live :) what do you think?
- Roguey's X3 Mod v2.0 (Trailer - Mk2)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 12:55

well, ive just looked at the trailer and have to say stop teasing us lol, one question, did you upgrade the basic m6 turning to like what it was in X2 like you mentioned you might?
About the name - i was lost for a name on the forum and looking round, then a Bob Hope film came on, and i thought "that will do nicely"

Slugworm X
x3

Roguey

Post by Slugworm X » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 13:20

Keep up the great work!

Like the new spaced guns on the M6's and the actual working turrets on the smaller fighters.

A question - how is the game balanced now? I am playing DDRS rebalanced in his Wakazashi (M3+) and I do not need help against 3 M1's and the associated fighter fleets (LV's Arena). They end up dead. I dont like the idea of overwhelming firepower in an M3 to take down large vessels. Sure, a squadron of M3's, now that is something to be bothered about. But one? thats a little off. The other problem I have due to the above fact is that M6's are little more than targets. They do not bother me at all, which considering the premise behind their creation, is a litlle off.

I guess I'm trying to ask, is life going to be a little harder. IE if you're in an M3 youre a danger to M3-4-5, maybe to a slow M6 but not to a Titan or a Colussus?

Oh, love some of the effects as well.

SlugwormX

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 13:38

this has been mine and a few others problem with m6 class since X3 started, the original m6`s from x2 were classed as sluggish moving and not enough firepower until the osprey turned up, but in X3 speed is more usefull than shields, especially when they recharge so slowly, also the move away from 2 or 3 mounted weapons was a bad move, makes ships like the bayamon obsolete, where in thier origin they were one of the best ships out there (barring docking which could be a nightmare in x-tension)

add to this ive always thought split ships were designed wrong, all the guns to the front but minimal to the rear .... on a fast ship like thiers i would put the guns to the rear with minimal front guns lol

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 14:27

Hi,

I did boost the M6 rudder speed as simply when I looked at it, I felt it was more or less a fighter with some extra shielding. To me it was too slow for the front guns, and 90% of the battles I saw it in, it lost due to lack of turrets. Really bad when you see an M6 fighter worse than an Nova - specially when costing that much extra. Now double the rudder speed should help a bit with that - cant be too fast as it would replace M3/M3+.

The M6+ range is a different set-up. It feels very much like the older X2 M6 ships but with X3 shielding (loads but slow to charge). Normally there is a good cover of turrets, a docking slot or two and either 1G or 2G. 1/2G of shielding may seem a lot of a M6 type of ship, however its rather slow at recharging. The M6+ bridges the gap between M6 and M7. With the M6+ there are X3 M6's and even X2 ships which have been upgraded to M6+ stats including X2 Dragon, X3 Dragon, X3 Centaur etc.

As for capital ship fighting, the flak cannon should help defend against fighters - they work like real flak cannons you see in Battle-star. Probably you best weapons for capital ships would be PPC/Beam vs capital and flak vs fighter.

There will be a couple of M7's, however most of them will be enemy ones to offer a greater changelle.

A Newest sector called "Battlegrounds", is a place you can find many M3/4/5 Xenon, Khaak and Pirates fighting each other. In the normal X3 enemy sectors would only have large groups of M1/2/3/4/5. I thought this would be a good place you can find some fights without capital ships.

In the past day or so, I have spent a lot of time balancing out the attack from Xenon sectors. Xenon's now dont just sit in thier own sectors doing nothing. Now they send attack parties. I had to add some special named ships to defend key sectors. Every so often an weak M1/2 will be sent to mix up things, the AI will take it out but it will take time - unless you can help.

The amount of jobs in the job-file has near on doubled - to give more life to the universe.

many thanks

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 16:07

as long as its jobs that do something, ok civilians do exist, but the fact they are there just taking up space and not doing anything is just too much.

its all looking good anyway

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 16:28

Most of them add something useful to the universe :) from random pirate/khaak/xenon spawns, new ship spawns, re-enforcements to sectors, xenon attacks (from sectors), battlegrounds etc. Even the civilians ships have been greatly reduced to improve performance.

They maybe one completely useless job, your have to find that one for yourself - depends if you like comedy ;)

bob hope
x3

Post by bob hope » Sat, 24. Feb 07, 16:48

i will look for it when you relese version 2 of the mod lol, until then ill wait and play rpgs and stuff, just started with kotor2 but getting sick of it keep crashing out

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 01:55

I'd starting messing around with the effect file, and starting some basic stuff. So far ive manage to kind-of combine the X2 and X3 explosion together. At the moment blowing up an M3/4/5 looks like this (better in-game):
- M3/4/5 Explosion

I've also added trail smoke to all missiles - at least might be able to see them now. Khaak missiles have a purple trail. Seen here:
-Missile Trails

Oh and I removed the light-up effect from PAC - remember someone asking about that. When you shot a ship with a PAC it lit up a ship like a Christmas tree.

Dragon Mk1 has been re-textured too by PJM:
- Dragon Mk1

Some pics of a couple of the BBS stuff:
- BBS 1
- BBS 2
- BBS 3

Do you guys want a terran sector or two?

ps. forgot to say there's even a video board in the pirate home-sector:
- Pirate Utopia

and some great presents in the Xenon home-sector. The Khaak 'home-sector' features a weird moon! Ill have to add something in there too :)

hope you like,
Last edited by Roguey on Sun, 25. Feb 07, 02:17, edited 2 times in total.

exelsiar
x3tc

Post by exelsiar » Sun, 25. Feb 07, 02:02

woah! now thats the kind of explosions this games really missing!

visible missiles, now that is good, tho with the mosquito missile defence that might get a smidgin laggy at times... meh i'll just keep dog fightin till they run outa missiles :P

huzzah for no pac effects

-nods- tis about time terrans got back to expanding!

-returns to keeping tabs on your thread-

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”