[Mod] Roguey's X3 Mod (v3.3 released)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What would you like to see in future releases?

Poll ended at Mon, 7. May 07, 02:24

More BBS content (missions/quests)
26%
More sectors
9%
More capital ships
26%
More M6/6+/7 class ships
13%
More fighter class (M3 to M5) ships
22%
Nothing more, I'm with the way it is
4%

Total votes: 23

xxbluedragonxx

Post by xxbluedragonxx » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 12:32

Ok thanks! I have only Imps Cockpit Mod and nvidium's auto debri harvestor script. At first I got savegame corrupt when I tried to load an existing game post roguey install. Then I jumped to Unknown Sector, ejected and saved. Then installed roguey. Then loaded. Then it worked!

BUT couple problems: the galaxy map no longer responds to key presses (for example pressing A does not shift it around to A letter sectors.. I just get a beep sound)

Second: what are Xenon engine trails supposed to look like? For my LX and all other Xenon ships they look like large glowing rectangles which change length as the ship speeds up/slows down. Not like normal engine trails!

I suppose I could restart but I figured I could live without the extra sectors and just wanted the extra ships...

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 12:53

the engine trails of the xenon are nomal, the Xenon are not the only one with new engine trail ;)

and for the sectors, it's becouse Roguey colored the name by changing the name entry (ie. Kingdom end -> \033BKingdom End\033X )

\033X (end of coloring)
\033B (blue)
\033W (white)
\033C (cayan
\033G (green)

.....I'll skip that explanation x)

there is a script out there that will add all your properties an from a old save into a new saved game (dunno if it realy work, never tried it)

like the most would say..... I recomend to start a new game :P

and there are good reason (very good reason) why

-> 3 sectors can be purchased from the BBS, the jumpgate will be added via script (don't know what happen if jumping in a sector that does not exist)

-> some ships (gooooood ships :P ) can only be bought in the new sectors shipyard

->some mission/quest leads to the new sector

cnecktor
x3

Post by cnecktor » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 05:26

This is my first time hearing of this mod. I downloaded it to try it out but I get some strange text in the pilot message log unkown read text is this ok?

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 10:20

actually.....it is NOT ok x)

that mostly means a T-file is missing

This mod don't have any external t-file (afaik)
the t-file are in the .cat/.dat files

what means that the read-text error shouldn't apear if the mod is aktivated

to help you better finding out from what it is
can you please post what kind of read-text you have -> [read-text NUMBERS] ^^

mabe it is from a different script, which you forgot to add its t-file ;)

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Fri, 19. Feb 10, 03:06

Hey, eventually i got around to buying X3 after a little PC upgrade.

I was eager with anticipation because i knew it'd look great .... well, it kinda did, but i didn't like the thick fog, or even alot of the new ships and some of my favourite old sectors from X2 looked totally different!

I was dissapointed. The old charm and styling of the X Universe had gone.

- And then i found Rogueys Mod. Yay!!

This fantastic mod has given me EXACTLY what i wanted. ... the style and visuals and ships of X2 plus more. It's almost perfect. So good job!!

Anyway i have a question ... will this mod work if i install the X3 Reunion bonus pack? http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=191863 Or does it include the bonus pack already?

edit; Installed the bonus pack and everything is fine.

Sayin
x3tc

Post by Sayin » Sun, 4. Apr 10, 22:15

It seems the download is corrupt. Kindly inform me if i'm mistaken, but I tried downloading it a couple days ago, and after opening the finished ZIP, WinRAR spit back;

'Unexpected end of archive'
and
'The archive is eitther in unknown format, or damaged'

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:48

hey folks, downloaded your mod and went crusing in an arrow. iv found the kaack hive and tried to attack it. 3800km later and i got bored lol got some screenshots as i got closer but dont know how to upload or look at them. if anyone can help please pm me
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Thu, 6. May 10, 21:05

roguey can the khaak defense structures be r-e'd at the hq? just wanna check before i drag it all the way across the universe lol

cheers mate and well done, great mod
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 12:51

hi there,

sorry for not reply, I removed this thread from my bookmarks because for a long while did not receive any posts.
devilofbelfast wrote:roguey can the khaak defense structures be r-e'd at the hq?
It should able, because they are 'ships'. However they cant move: 0 m/s.
Sayin wrote:'The archive is eitther in unknown format, or damaged'
Just checked the file and it unzipped for me without any problems.

ps. I will re-add this to my bookmarks and check this thread for new posts now.
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 30. Jan 11, 23:44

I have done some more work to the mod if anyone is interested.

Today I have changed the Khaak start to be somewhat better, changed the loadscreens to high-quality pictures and changed all the backgrounds to my latest versions (ones like White clouds look a lot better).

Whilst here, does anyone have anything to add or like me to change a stat?

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 14:26

A status update:

V3.3 is being worked on!

Its been around a year since I worked on the X3 mod, however I am back working on the mod. The main focus of v3.3 will be the khaak start. In this start you are a khaak creature that can kill and destroy the X-Universe. Your able to buy/build all Khaak ships and build new khaak stations. Equipment now restocks and slaves can be sold for extra money. A new Khaak TL (based on the M1 model - unless someone can model an Khaak TL for me?) allows you to deploy stations. The khaak start has been in the mod for awhile now, but its been greatly expanded so its more playable. For those who dont know, the mod allows you to land on any khaak station as well. Finally dominate the X-Universe, the Khaak M0 makes light work of everyone (when your finally able to buy it)!

v3.3 also features some updated graphics: The khaak home-sector now looks like this:

[ external image ]

The khaak trail effect has also be changed to this:
[ external image ]

Come join in the battle at President's End with your khaak buddies:
[ external image ]

For the latest news, check here,

v3.3 wont be the biggest upgrade ever, but I hope you like the new changes.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 19:08

Ive recently returned to this game and while looking through the x3 mod board ive seen your mod.
Im going to ask some newb questions and i hope they are not too frustrating.

Im happy to start a new game as i currently play XTM,but what im worried/wondering about is.

I use Cycrow`s plugin manager installer and when i start the x3 exe thats the mod package i use (Plugin manager) in the "select mod package"

Im having trouble explaining what i want to ask here but is there a way i can switch between your mod package and the XTM one or do i have to have a fresh install of x3 if i want to try yours?

Ideally id like to have my save on XTM and have a save for your mod so that when i want to i can switch between games/mods when i feel like a change,the problem is i cant see how thats possible.

Also do the old scripts like CAG,Stevios,harvest rocks and Cycrows ship creator work with your mod.

Alot of questions but if you or someone could help me out here by answering a few of them as best you can id appreciate it as ive looked at the youtube links and id like to try the mod out.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 19:28

zdan30 wrote:Im going to ask some newb questions and i hope they are not too frustrating.
Okies, Ill try and help ya.
zdan30 wrote: Im happy to start a new game as i currently play XTM,but what im worried/wondering about is.
Its probably best to have two folders (nowadays space is nothing, unless you are limited on space?). That way you can have two different versions of X3: One with XTM and the other with my mod. This would stop any conflicts with the mods. The only trouble would be that the saves would use the same position. You could always copy your saves to another folder, like XTM saves and R Saves before switching games. When you switch mods, copy back the saves and start the game.
zdan30 wrote:Also do the old scripts like CAG,Stevios,harvest rocks and Cycrows ship creator work with your mod.
I dont know scripts other than my own, however most scripts should be fine unless they are especially for a certain mod.
zdan30 wrote:Alot of questions but if you or someone could help me out here by answering a few of them as best you can id appreciate it as ive looked at the youtube links and id like to try the mod out.
Id like to know how you get on :) any more questions, please let me know :)

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 20:03

Many thanks for the reply,im going to set up a fresh install tonight and wait on the release of v3.3,i had a quick read through the news link and im curious to how the testing is going and if you have a rough idea on a release date.

I love the idea of a khaak start where they migrate into conquered sectors,as i always play the non plot starts id love some kind of goal,i dont think ive ever played for an achievement in x3 other than make money and try manipulate the markets.

I`ll keep a close eye on this thread and i look forward to the v3.3 release.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 21:38

I am glad to hear. Well v3.3 is just into the first test release, hopefully jacer should be able to test it tonight/tomorrow. It all goes well, then a release could be a few days.

If the mod gets delayed then im sorry but I want to get v3.3 the best I can before releasing it. I hope you understand.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 13:55

Its been awhile but Id thought id give you quick update on the status of v3.3.

Since the first test release of v3.3, the mod has gone under a few changes. So a new test version has been released.

I have added a new script to the mod - Claim sectors. In the khaak start you claim for the khaak, while in normal games you claim for yourself. You can not claim unknown sectors in normal games. You can only claim a sector if there are no stations or ships owned by the owning race.

So far in the khaak start you can:

- Build ships and stations (a Khaak TL has been added),
- Buy ships from the khaak shipyard (up-to the Khaak M0),
- Deploy 3 new stations (High-tech fab, Goods fab and Metal fab),
- Buy equipment from the khaak equipment dock (restocks),
- Sell slaves for extra money (slowly are removed),
- Claim sectors and try to dominate the X-Galaxy,

Is anyone interested in being a Khaak? :khaak:

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Mon, 14. Feb 11, 12:59

Im more than keen for a Khaak start and im sure theres alot more people that are too.

My only concern with it would be the amount of trade oppertunitys,i see that youve added khaak trade goods but will we be able to build khaak weps and shields and also be able to mine and build spp`s.

The only reason i ask is, while i like combat i also enjoy a trade aspect alot more.

Really though as i havent tried your mod before the khaak start is one option so if i find the trade side isnt enough for me i think i could run several save games to fully take advantage of what youve made.

Once again from your youtube streams that ive seen this mod should be well worth several play throughs and im really looking forward to it,keep up the good work.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Fri, 18. Feb 11, 14:28

zdan30 wrote:My only concern with it would be the amount of trade oppertunitys,i see that youve added khaak trade goods but will we be able to build khaak weps and shields and also be able to mine and build spp`s.
Me and jacer thought about the khaak being more attack based rather than resources however they do play a role. The start begins with 4 or 5 NPC stations that can supply you with goods for your HQ. However your main role will be to steal, kill and capture. You can sell captured ships to the shipyard for money, equipment is automatically re-stocked and you can build complex (with the Khaak TL).

However your primary goal is to build up a fleet and take on the universe. So there will be a bit of fighting in this start, after-all your a khaak creature! Ships cost money or resources and arent freely given.

My newly coded claim sector allows you claim sector for the khaak. When you do, khaak ships come to re-force the sector.

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 16:37

I have released a trailer for the khaak start in v3.3. I hope you enjoy:
- Roguey's X3 Mod news

I plan to release v3.3 tomorrow, unless anything happens.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Sat, 19. Feb 11, 19:10

Just checked out the link,looks good and the fact it may be released tomorrow is even better :D

Another question if i may.

Do the Khaak scouts/interceptors and fighters come with energy free jumpdrives?
Or do they have decent size cargo holds to hold enough cells?

Also is there anyway to befriend Xenon or possibly pirates or at the very least gain some kind of mutual cease fire or will it be all out carnage?

I have so many question but i`ll limit myself to those and leave the rest to be found out by me when i finally get my hands on your mod :D

Im really looking forward to it,having never played one of your mods its going to be great fun finding all the added sectors and trying out the starts

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”