[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 20:16

I have a question. I tried to run the X3-X3 Converter after instaling XTM, but it doesn't work.

It's asking me for a file called "498758.xml". There is NO such file in my "t" folder. It cannot read the header of the file and mentions the word "null" several times on the in-game log.

When I used the Converter in my previous X3 installation, it created a file called "009880.txt", which I renamed - as the ReadMe instructed me - to "449880.xml" and dropped it in my "t" folder.

Renaming the .xml to the above number is useless, as it won't work either. XTM seems cool and such, but right now I want my empire back up and running.

Any help? I got advice from people to restart and such b/c of the more dangerous sectors, but all my complexes are in safe "Core" and main sectors, and I really don't want to cheat my way to glory.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 6. May 13, 09:17

OK so I have exported my X2 empire, copied the xml files in place, copied the log file from x2, copied into x3 t directory and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.

I start x3, change my name to Thereshallbewings, move to a sector where I have no stations or ships, then enter the script menu, and run the x2-x3 converter load files. This then gives me the piracy command slot, under which I find the x2-x3 converter decompress which I run and it crashes x3 everytime !

What am I doing worng ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. May 13, 09:55

and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.
Remove that. The .spk is a script archive, which can be installed using the Plugin Manager. It should contain the same files that are already placed in the scripts and t folder of the archive though. It's simply a different way of installing the script and t files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 13. May 13, 18:39

OK thanks for the suggestion, I removed the 10.dat file, but it still crashes.... any other ideas ?

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 14. May 13, 21:46

Hmmm... the output from x2 looks odd to me..

Heres whats in the log08758.log...
ReadText8758-1
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-2

Forgive me but that doesn't look like XML to me.... what should it look like ?

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 14. May 13, 23:51

OK I got it working... not running the command from X2 properly gave an incorrect log file....

wjones

Post by wjones » Fri, 17. May 13, 21:36

OK Just started X3, and used the x2 - x3 converter to bring across my old ships and stations. but now the sations aren't producing anythig ! yes they have resources, but the production time is set at 1 second, and the resourced needed is [0] !!!

Is this a bug, I can't find any references is to this problem on the net, please help !

starlight2098

Post by starlight2098 » Fri, 12. Jul 13, 16:23

Hello there all. Please let me tell my tale of woe.

I bought the X Series a few Christmases ago via Steam and whilst only playing some of the first game and none of X-Tension, I loved the more full-featured X2: The Threat and played it extensively. Many many hours were played before I got into modding the game and once I downloaded the excellent SymTec X2 Complex Kit mod (which created complexes using Goner transporters, liming the range severely and forcing very tight complexes) I spent an altogether insane amount of time constructing four complexes, the biggest topping out at around five dozen connected stations. It was beautiful.

So, after returning from a break, I finally got around to finishing X2's plot, very, very belatedly and decided to move on to X3: Reunion, since I'd seen this converter before.

After a bit of a struggle, I got it working (I was blowing cobwebs off the X universe part of my brain and moving to a new game) and to my unsurprised horror, the complexes did not properly import. Only the Hubs were there and whilst they had the appropriate ware bays, they did nothing. Essentially just trade stations. (Though at least I still had my Titan and Python, looking very nice. Though all carrier-based fighters had vanished.)

So, I took a deep breath and went back to X2, manually unhooked every station, costing a fortune and taking hours of RSI-inducing work, undocked every fighter from ships and reassigned them to stations, got everything tidied up and ready. Fuelled all jumpships, packed extra weapons.

I run the converter again. Everything seems fine. All the stations are present, as are the ships. I play for a while, getting weapons re-fitted and ships out of danger. I start to figure out how complexes work in X3... and then I notice my complexes aren't working, I look around my assets and realise something.

None of my stations are producing anything, regardless of stock levels. Not one, whether they were previously connected to a complex or not. In their resource fields, I also noticed that the amount needed field for every resource has been set to zero [0], whilst the 'resources required' display below the production counter also remains at 0%.

Does anyone have any theories? Have I obviously done something wrong? Has time and version numbers broken the converter?

I would really love it if there were just something I'd missed. Because that's rather a lot of asset that not longer functions and many hours of loving empire building, which doesn't feel like it should have vanished between X2 and X3. Hours of math and TL management reduced to clutter.

Worst case is that I run the converter again pre-unhooking, but with more work done to preserve my fighters. So I'll at least start with two destroyers, a TL, a dozen M3's, a handful of M6's and many TS. Which is not so bad, but is not my mighty trade empire, but rather a hollow shell. I'll actually have to go around shooting my own stations (apart from 1 per system, which I shall rename "Sensor Platform / Ship Depot / Waystation." just to reduce clutter in my assets tab.

So erm. Heeeeeeelp! Please help!

Thanks for reading.

TLDR:
X2-X3 Converter, despite being wonderful, broke my stations. They always say they have 0% of needed resources but also claim to need [0] resources to operate. I'm sad for my big complexes.
"It's easy to be miserable, being happy is tougher - and cooler." - Thom Yorke

seppii
x4

Post by seppii » Mon, 28. Oct 13, 23:00

Hi how did you fix it, I have the same problem

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 29. Oct 13, 18:59

Seppii

Do you have the problem where you can't import your x2 data ?

Or do you have the follow on problem where your stations aren't running in X3 ??

Let me know buddy, I can help with both !

seppii
x4

Post by seppii » Wed, 30. Oct 13, 03:35

Hey Wjones,

the factories won't start producing anything.

Also, there were no complexes in x2..now I wonder how to re-position all of my stations

Thanks for any hints buddy

wjones

Post by wjones » Thu, 31. Oct 13, 18:39

My inbox seams buggy, and I can't get into it to retrieve your email address so I can't email you my modified script.

PM me again, and I'll send you the files, don't post your personal email on this forum :)

How to build complexes and move stations ? you need a tractor beam....

http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/Tractor_Beam

Enjoy buddy !

seppii
x4

Post by seppii » Fri, 1. Nov 13, 19:08

Hi,

please send me the files to {Email address removed - Terre}.

much appreciated !

modernrocko
x3tc

Post by modernrocko » Mon, 24. Mar 14, 23:15

My apologies on necroing this thread, but I'm having trouble downloading the X3-X3 Converter from the download link in the original post. I can load the page just fine and see the file info, however I'm not able to actually download the file. I translated the page from German to English in the hope that I would see some type of error message and after doing so, I now see the hover text over the icon to the right of "Download:" states the following:

"You are banned and can therefore download any file!"

(I assume this is poor translation on Google's part and should say "cannot")

I don't understand why I would be banned from that site, though, as it's the first time I've ever visited it...Could be something to do with the fact that my computer's internet connection is via my tethered smartphone? A proxy issue perhaps, or something of that sort?

I can load the page on my phone's browser just fine and the download link is visible (with the captcha), but upon downloading the file it is only 48kb rather than the 128kb listed. Attempts at extraction prove fruitless as the compressed file is shown to be "corrupt or invalid" --likely a bad download.

I think my phone's internet connection is the culprit here. It doesn't seem to want to cooperate with that website. Strange thing is, I can download from just about any other page or site. (Just finished downloading the 'latest' version of the XTM mod 30 minutes ago in fact).

Anyone browsing this forum still happen to have the converter? If so, would you be able to email it to me, or post it elsewhere? I can provide my address via PM. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really hoping to try out XTM without having to lose my small empire! :)

EDIT: I've gone ahead and registered an account on that page in the hopes that being logged in will allow me to download, but no such luck. It seems that my computer must be IP banned for some reason. :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 25. Mar 14, 12:00

The X3-X3-converter is also available for download on Xdownloads.com.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Fri, 30. May 14, 08:51

Hey guys, I read through several pages and just couldn't find a straight forward answer for my question, so I'm sorry if it's been asked and I missed it :X

I started a X3TC campaign recently, was starting to gain momentum, then read about the XTM. Sadly I misinterpreted what it was, thinking it would just "enhance" the current X3TC with these new features and fixes and make my current game better. But yeah.....

Of course now I can't load my vanilla games and there's no real way to uninstall just the XTM to complete my original game first. So while I'm not totally opposed to just starting over, is there a way to at least use this script to convert my ships/credits from the X3TC game to a new Terran XTM campaign??

Thanks for any help!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 30. May 14, 17:17

Yes. No.

Yes, you can go back to X3TC and finish your "Vanilla"-game. Easiest way: Do a fresh install of X3TC, patch it to the exact same patch you have been using before, load original save. Enjoy.
A clean install is better than deleting scripts and folders from your installation.

You write about XTM - but that is a (fantastic) Mod for X3-Reunion. I think, you are speaking about XTC, the Xtended-Mod for X3-Terran Conflict (X3TC). There is no way to use a X3TC-savegame in XTC, as the Mod is kind of total conversion and changes the X3-universe completely. All the sectors are new, the map does not correspond in any way to X3TC and so on.

In other words: XTC is a new game, based on the X3TC-game engine. You have to start a new game. But it is worth it :)

k1ng r4t

Post by k1ng r4t » Sat, 31. May 14, 05:13

Ha, everything makes so much more sense now. Answered so many questions. Thank you for that zaz :)

And you're 100% right I was referring to XTC. I started a Paranid campaign, it's still great (though I'm off to a....slow start), but I was doing so well in my Vanilla game, feels like I'm cheating on it with this new mod :X

Thanks again

Nelkhael
x3ap

Post by Nelkhael » Thu, 12. Mar 15, 12:20

I'm trying to spend my departure from X2 to X3 and X2 part of this check well but can not find the "X2-X3-Converter command - Decompress this script in the X3.
How do I move my stuff from X2 to X3 Meeting ¿?

Kisty
x3ap

Stations not generating resources

Post by Kisty » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 17:07

Hi there!

Thanks for this amazing script! Have been able to transfer everything from X2 to X3:Reunion. My problem is, my stations from X2 aren't generating any resources. Have I missed something out?

Thanks!
"Press any key... where's the any key?" Homer J. Simpson

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”