[Script][V1.3|2.5|1.0] X2-X3//X3-X3-Converter//Copy Ships and Stations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gobotron2030
x2

X2-X3 Converter help plz

Post by Gobotron2030 » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 08:35

Hi I'm trying to convert my X2 empire to X3Reunion. Using the Xplugin manager I install the spk files into X2 and X3 respectivley. When in X2 I type Thereshallbewings and I get the modified confirmation in the corner but I can't find a piracy menu or special menu . I tried docking in a station and autosaving with script enabled but when I reload the script enabled autosave X2 stops responding.

Any help would be much appreciated the chance to ressurect my X2 empire is one i don't want to miss.
I'm using X2 1.5 and X3Reunion 2.5 using XP SP3.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 13:45

Forum rules expect questions to be asked in appropriate threads. ***Merged***

Gobotron2030
x2

Post by Gobotron2030 » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 15:35

Sorry I didn't know. Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.

What if i can't get any help beause this thread went cold a month ago and the project seems to have been abandoned anyhow and nobody notices my question as its at the end of a very long thread and i've noticed in going through the thread that several requests for assistance were ignored as the thread seems to have mutated in to a scripting discussion. Wouldn't I be bettter off starting a new thread that directs possible solution providers towards my specific problem as there may be forum regulars that know the answer but just don't check that mod thread every day as it went cold a long long time ago? Still I'll try this as it'll atl least keep the boards tidy.

Where is this "special" menu is it in with the navigation trade and combat menus?

EDIT Nevermind I found the answer was old Kri'me SDS scrpits. I went back and reinstalled X2 to 1.4 with the bonus pack but not Kri'me SDS (droppped of the scene before the bonus pack so I had SDS installed before I noticed the bonus plugins) any way the converter showed up in the Special Commands menu in X2 and the converter was in the piracy menu in X3 after enabling the Script manager. I used the stationkick script to get my stations going again and now all I have to do is reassign my transports and get going again.

The_Lost_Marauder

Post by The_Lost_Marauder » Fri, 27. Nov 09, 19:28

I have a problem: my savegame doesn't run anymore, and I'm trying to find out why.
But since it's mostly compromised, I wanted to start a new - and possibly - final new game, which won't be touched forever.

However, if I've understood correctly, I need to create a .txt file which collects data of what I have. Correct?
So, if the savedgame doesn't work, it's all useless, uh? :(

Lawnor

Post by Lawnor » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 11:54

Ive just finished x2 and have tried importing my empire into x3 reunion and it works fine, except none of my stations work anymore. Looking at the details page on the stations it appears they all think they require [0] products of each type to run. They know what products they want but the number under each product is listed as [0]. Anyone know what i can do about this? I am running on windows 7 and i dont know if that will affect how this process works at all. When I have more time I will try earning enough to build a new factory to see if that works and i will try exporting from X2 again too.

skwardj

Post by skwardj » Mon, 5. Apr 10, 08:28

hello
this script looks really useful, but..
i heard when you transfer from vanilla to xtm.7 you dont get new sectors xtm offers
is it true? can i do something with it? i didnt try your script yet

erik nilsson
x3tc

SPK-fil: Where do you draw SPK file?

Post by erik nilsson » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 13:57

Where do you draw SPK file? (It was not where they should be!)

There are two!
X2X3Converter_X2.spk

X2X3Converter_X3.spk

It seems that one should be in the X2 and the other in the x3!
But the wound is not the directory!

erik nilsson
x3tc

When I tried to get it in x3 so I just get error message

Post by erik nilsson » Fri, 2. Jul 10, 15:21

When I tried to get it in x3 so I just get error message:

string null could not be read. storted with next line.

And then it will not go on!

dragongaruda

Post by dragongaruda » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 13:32

i get the exact same message, no idea why though

Danny-boy

Post by Danny-boy » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 01:53

For starters: great mod!

I had the luck of being recently pulled into the x games with X2. Now thanks to this I could finally continue into X3R.

But I have a question:

Did I get it right that the X3-X3 converter DOSEN'T transfer X3R progress to X3TC?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 24. Jul 10, 23:19

Danny-boy wrote:Did I get it right that the X3-X3 converter DOSEN'T transfer X3R progress to X3TC?
Nope, the X3-X3 Coverter doesn't do this. But there is a X3-X3TC-Converter for this purpose. ;)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Danny-boy

Post by Danny-boy » Sun, 25. Jul 10, 00:26

Alright, thanks for the info!

Didn't notice it on the mod list topic but it's probably just outdated (haven't scrolled throw the last pages):

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96340

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 17:47

ok complete newb here needs help, i activated teh script editor but cant find the special commands...where are they?

EDIT: This mod made my X3 crash...any ideas? I got the log file from X2 but i could only name it '448758.xml.txt'...as i cant change the file type...could this be the issue?

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 23:17

OK im getting pissed off now, ive read through this thread and cant make head nor tail of it, ive read the readme and gotten even more confused...

so can someone give me a baby-step by baby-step guide to using this mod (X2 to X3)...including how to find these bloody special and pirate menus (yes i have enabled SE in both games)

Im not an idiot (i have a certificate to prove it) and have modded other games but this one is a real PITA and i have no idea how to use scripts

shinobi2204

Post by shinobi2204 » Thu, 4. Nov 10, 11:20

bump

DevilDog_016
x3

Post by DevilDog_016 » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 20:16

I have a question. I tried to run the X3-X3 Converter after instaling XTM, but it doesn't work.

It's asking me for a file called "498758.xml". There is NO such file in my "t" folder. It cannot read the header of the file and mentions the word "null" several times on the in-game log.

When I used the Converter in my previous X3 installation, it created a file called "009880.txt", which I renamed - as the ReadMe instructed me - to "449880.xml" and dropped it in my "t" folder.

Renaming the .xml to the above number is useless, as it won't work either. XTM seems cool and such, but right now I want my empire back up and running.

Any help? I got advice from people to restart and such b/c of the more dangerous sectors, but all my complexes are in safe "Core" and main sectors, and I really don't want to cheat my way to glory.
Yo dawg, I heard you like plasma, so we put HEPTs in yo HEPTs so you can blast foos while you blast foos!

Proud owner of an original copy of Tachyon The Fringe.

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 6. May 13, 09:17

OK so I have exported my X2 empire, copied the xml files in place, copied the log file from x2, copied into x3 t directory and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.

I start x3, change my name to Thereshallbewings, move to a sector where I have no stations or ships, then enter the script menu, and run the x2-x3 converter load files. This then gives me the piracy command slot, under which I find the x2-x3 converter decompress which I run and it crashes x3 everytime !

What am I doing worng ?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 7. May 13, 09:55

and renamed it then copied the SPK as 10.dat in my main x3 folder.
Remove that. The .spk is a script archive, which can be installed using the Plugin Manager. It should contain the same files that are already placed in the scripts and t folder of the archive though. It's simply a different way of installing the script and t files.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

wjones

Post by wjones » Mon, 13. May 13, 18:39

OK thanks for the suggestion, I removed the 10.dat file, but it still crashes.... any other ideas ?

wjones

Post by wjones » Tue, 14. May 13, 21:46

Hmmm... the output from x2 looks odd to me..

Heres whats in the log08758.log...
ReadText8758-1
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-3
ReadText8758-2

Forgive me but that doesn't look like XML to me.... what should it look like ?

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”