[SCRIPT] Reveal Pandora Crate Positions V1.00

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Bunny
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Reveal Pandora Crate Positions V1.00

Post by Bunny » Tue, 15. May 07, 10:41

Reveal Pandora Crate Positions

What it does
Run this script from the editor and the location of all Pandora crates will be sent to the player log

Notes
Unzip the file and copy it to the scripts directory. Start the game, open the script editor and run the script. The locations will now be in your player log.
You can remove the file from the scripts directory after that.

Download
Hosted by Xai Corporation - Download

Step by step guide to running this script

1. Download the file, unzip it and go into the folder it contains called "Copy to scripts"..

2. Copy the file "cheat.by.find.pandora.crates.xml"

3. Now find your "scripts" directory in the X3 game folder. You should see it already contains alot of .pck files.

4. Paste "cheat.by.find.pandora.crates.xml" into this folder

5. Start X3

6. Rename your pilotname to "Thereshallbewings" to activate the script editor (press P, then select rename to do this).

7. Press Y and select orders, in the menu there should be the option to open the script editor (short cut key s)... open it

8. Hit return to skip the script editor intro screen

9. You should now see a list of scripts.

10. Use the cursor keys to move down the list to "cheat.by.find.pandora.crates"

11. Run this script by pressing r

12. The editor will now ask for an object on which this script will run or null. Select the ship you are in (sector map / then your ship), then press return.

13. The script will now run and the game wil lock up for a while (an autopilot X will appear on you HUD while it is running)

14. Wait till it completes (X will vanish).

15. Have a look in you player log. The location of the crates will now be shown.

16. After you end the game you can remove the script from the directory.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 15. May 07, 11:53

I just got the location of standard wares (like computer parts, slaves, PBE Alpha). 8 of them. I picked up the computer parts, and I got no upgrade, just cargo.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 15. May 07, 13:29

The script shows up any crate that is more than 75km from the center of the sector.

There is still a bit of a question mark over when the Pandora crates show up.
On a fresh game they are not there at the beginning, but after 1 day they had turned up.

The reports from other people may clarify when these things appear in the game.

Cheers

Bunny

[EDIT] The script will show up to 1000 crates that are outside 75km. Usually only Pandora and Treasure hunt crates are that far out.

P.S. The test run on my 4 day old game showed them up correctly.
The game state was:
M7 obtained but still saving for PHQ
Plot state was the asteroid mission (don't try it in an M7 :) ).

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 15. May 07, 14:28

I've finished the plot, my m7 is being reverse-engineered in the PHQ.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 15. May 07, 14:43

So now the question is, why don't we see the crates :gruebel:

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 15. May 07, 14:51

I've never seen a pandora message on the BBS... uhm this is, at least, annoying.

jumbled
x4

Post by jumbled » Tue, 15. May 07, 16:53

(trying not to sound like an idiot here...) :oops:

Um, what's a pandora crate? I'm going to assume it's NOT the same as the freebie stuff (the ships and boxes of missiles, etc.) you get with the standard game?

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:35

jumbled wrote:(trying not to sound like an idiot here...) :oops:

Um, what's a pandora crate? I'm going to assume it's NOT the same as the freebie stuff (the ships and boxes of missiles, etc.) you get with the standard game?
On the BBS, you sometimes get news reports of the Argon Discovery Ship Pandora finding something on it's long range scanners. They seem to be some kind of ship extension.
Spoiler
Show
They're a limited number of Engine Tunings (4), Rudder Optimisations (4) and an Express Hauler. (1 ;)) They overtune the ship's speed/handling beyond the maximum values when picked up.
The message only shows in which sector the Pandora has found them. Reports on the forum show they're only located on the six axis, -z, +z, -y, +y, -x or +x.
There are quite a few theories about the timing of placing and the locations.

I found some in my first game around by pure luck (after reading about the axis), but in my current game I only found one. I found a cheat script that wrote the sectors to your log, to see if they were moved by a "move freebie ships" script I ran one time. They reported the normal sectors though. (Although I only had seen three reports on the BBS, they were the same as the aforementioned cheat script.)

In another topic, I asked if someone could edit that script so it would tell me the axis positions as well, I couldn't figure how to script it myself.

Thanks Bunny!

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:37

Can't we just create pandora crates using a script command? It seems they won't be present in my game.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:43

IIRC Cycrow has a BBS script that allows the player to overtune a ship...for a suitable donation that is.

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:49

Bunny wrote:IIRC Cycrow has a BBS script that allows the player to overtune a ship...for a suitable donation that is.
Yeah, like I'm paying 16 million when I can get it for free. Several times! I'm at day 4 or such and I nearly have 25 million. :/ (Trying to get a bloody strategy going.. Planning on getting a TL so I can transport me a solar power plant xxl (from ashley's) over to argon prime, almost all factories seem to be out of energy cells, and random khaak m3's have busted local power plants!)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 15. May 07, 17:54

Skite wrote:Yeah, like I'm paying 16 million when I can get it for free.
If you don't agree with the price tag you can always change the price of overtuning... or forget about it and hack it.

Adding engine tunings is a grand total of 1 script line. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Tue, 15. May 07, 18:01

Cycrow's overtune can damage the ship, right?

Anyways I don't feel like cheating. But those pandoras are installed just like engine/rudder optimizations (bypassing the limit), special objects, or they do not appear in the cargo hold?

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Wed, 16. May 07, 01:15

Gazz wrote:
Skite wrote:Yeah, like I'm paying 16 million when I can get it for free.
If you don't agree with the price tag you can always change the price of overtuning... or forget about it and hack it.

Adding engine tunings is a grand total of 1 script line. =P
I'm no good at scripting. I'm just full of idea's and honest critics! (As is normal in The Netherlands!)

Plus scripting that feels too much as a cheat, as apposed to something that helps you find something when you have tried and tried and tried..

Bunny:
I've just used your script and it works like a charm. It found any crates outside the limit regardless of which sector I pick for a station, though. And picking my own ship didn't work. Also, I don't get the auto-pilot when it's running. Weird thing was that it posted all three remaining rudder crates, no speed crates and it posted a crate of 74 thorns and a crate with two gamma thingy cannons.. (those of nearly 1 million pricetags) But when I was done picking everything up, and ran it again to see if it found the speed crates, it still didn't, yet a new crate appeared! a crate of 2 or 3 aplha photon pulse cannons! :D All of these were way outside the 75k boundaries, btw.

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 16. May 07, 10:27

I think we have entered the crate twilight zone folks :)

(the script works quickly - so the autopilot X might not have time to show. I just kept that bit as a precautionary advice)

Maybe the game code throws these crates out as freebies to simulate the spoils of conflict or accidents :gruebel: .

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Wed, 16. May 07, 10:52

Bunny wrote:Maybe the game code throws these crates out as freebies to simulate the spoils of conflict or accidents :gruebel: .
That far out?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. May 07, 10:59

The original Pandora revealer script did just print the sectors from variables where the Pandora script had stored the locations.

Lucike listed on german thread the pivots that the Pandora script uses for placing those tunings in the first place. There are only a handful of pivot sectors and each crate is within couple jumps from those.

Btw,
1. Player A writes a script and executes it, receiving tunings.
2. Player B writes a script. Player A unknowingly installs and executes the script, receiving tunings.
Can you tell the difference? :P

cloppy007

Post by cloppy007 » Wed, 16. May 07, 11:10

jlehtone wrote: Can you tell the difference? :P
no :roll:

Bunny
x3ap

Post by Bunny » Wed, 16. May 07, 11:13

I think Lucike had insider information on those variables :).

(one meaning of Aijo is devotion :gruebel:)

[EDIT] I reckon this script should be renamed "Find remote crates"

RiSkE
x3tc

Post by RiSkE » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 14:22

This script doesn't work for me. It detects any crates in the game, but the Pandora crates don't appear. I assume it's because they aren't visible until you are very close to them, so they probably haven't been called into existence yet.

Can anyone link me to that script that tells you what the Pandora sectors are? I can't find it. I saw a Pandora BBS message when I started playing and thought nothing of it, and now I'm 16 game days in, and haven't seen another.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”