[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Persh0
x3tc

Post by Persh0 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 03:29

Under God wrote:yes, I agree exhuast trails look pretty normally (expecially on missles) I just prefer it wasnt on the player ship since I cruise around in 3rd person most the time and the trail hits right into the camera.
Hit num2 or num8?

No idea on performance drop.. Just generally more ships in the universe?

I know that personally I am completely unable to go into Argon Prime/other race's home sectors [Other then Boron] because of the armies of M4/M3's that cover them. Wasn't like that when I started my game though, they just keep building up more and more now :(

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 03:51

Hey all. I bought X3 long time ago and have been a pain in the butt for a long time on these forums :) just ask the mods haha. Anyways been a while since played X3 in fact never played it much just tried it in game and that was it.

Id like to start again but I did not much like the storyline and it was a tad complicated on the normal game play.

My question is would this mod be a first time user friendly? Should they beat the main game first? This part of the main game story or almost a new game released inside X3?

Thanks

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 04:09

Under God wrote: Any chance I can find a place that has the .xsp files for some of the bigger ships (which is what I really wanted)? So that I may have those, yet pass on the slower frames?
Most of the big ships, like the M0s, wouldn't work well if you did that as they rely heavily on their XTM scripts to function.

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 04:50

aka1nas wrote:
Under God wrote: Any chance I can find a place that has the .xsp files for some of the bigger ships (which is what I really wanted)? So that I may have those, yet pass on the slower frames?
Most of the big ships, like the M0s, wouldn't work well if you did that as they rely heavily on their XTM scripts to function.
That makes me sad panda!

(any chance they would release a special M0 ships only version including scripts just for me lol?)

I do really wish I could play this but the slide show performance just left me crying... and then my tears caused a blurry effect that wouldnt let me see the really impressive Shipyard...

p.s... My ship danced around for 2 minutes trying to dock with the shipyard in argon prime until I manually flew around trying to dock on a few different sides and my ship found the docking strip.
This was left intentionally blank for formating purposes.

ShadowSlayer56

where can i find plutonium ??

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 06:52

title is self explanatory.
Last edited by ShadowSlayer56 on Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:07

In the 40's they stuck a few fins on some plutonium and dropped it on Japan. (sorry, but the typo was just too amusing :D)

All seriousness, I think its an XTM thing. Havent done it yet myself, still too many toys to play with.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:08

Go to the sector the guy suggests and check around the BBS. you'll eventually find a guy with plutonium, but he wont give it up for free (of course!)

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:09

yeah i wasn't sure if it was an xtm thing or normal game and i just realized the typo in my title xP

spoidz
x3tc

Follow up to Xenon Spawning - New Pirates?

Post by spoidz » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:27

Well I've just explored
Spoiler
Show
all those new Pirate sectors off of the old alley, and farther East.
Anyone know if you can kill/push the vanilla 12 pirate stations into new XTM pirate sectors? Or might they be hardcoded to only respawn in vanilla areas and not recognize XTM sectors as available?

Just trying to find out what parts of Vanilla interact with XTM as far as hardcoded behavior.

Thanks

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:32

Kane Hart wrote: My question is would this mod be a first time user friendly? Should they beat the main game first? This part of the main game story or almost a new game released inside X3?
Well, most of the additions are combat oriented. There are a load of extra missions and an extra plot, but this has nothing to do with the X3 plot and can be played at any time. In fact, you can also play through the normal X3 plot with XTM enabled.

ShadowSlayer56

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:35

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 08:46

spoidz asked:
Anyone know if you can kill/push the vanilla 12 pirate stations into new XTM pirate sectors? Or might they be hardcoded to only respawn in vanilla areas and not recognize XTM sectors as available?
good question - it might take a while to find out... on the same subject I did wonder about assass. missions and was getting the idea that they only occur in "standard" sectors - but then I got one in a new sector and had to go after a mark in Nsts Retreat or thereabouts - so there is some interaction but it'd be nice to know more ...

rick1974
x3

Post by rick1974 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 19:52

Hi, installed the xtended version and I have completed the fetch and carry mission, but I or any of my ships cannot dock at any space port/dock or at the dyson sphere. Is this normal or have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance

Gammel

XTM Related Race Rep Question.

Post by Gammel » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 02:20

I am thinking of taking over many of the pirate sectors next to the Argon main sectors. In particular Bala Gi's Joy, and Olmancketslat's Treaty.
The only problem is in those sectors are a few stations that seem to belong to other races. In particular the 'Teladi Syndicate Shipyards' which pump out annoying pirate ships.

I want to destroy all these stations. Will I get the nasty race rep drops, particularly with the Teladi, for doing so?
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

sartha
x4

Post by sartha » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 02:29

If you destroy a Teladi station, the Teladi will hate you :P

When I want to clear out a sector, and I'm feeling lazy, (wich is most of the time), I just use LV's cheats... the Destroy command lets you destroy anything with impunity (and no rep loss... though no rep gain either)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: XTM Related Race Rep Question.

Post by Nanook » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 02:35

Gammel wrote:I am thinking of taking over many of the pirate sectors next to the Argon main sectors. In particular Bala Gi's Joy, and Olmancketslat's Treaty.
The only problem is in those sectors are a few stations that seem to belong to other races. In particular the 'Teladi Syndicate Shipyards' which pump out annoying pirate ships.

I want to destroy all these stations. Will I get the nasty race rep drops, particularly with the Teladi, for doing so?
You want to destroy the Syndicate Shipyard??? You do know that you can buy all those nice, nasty pirate ships from there, don't you? And the higher your combat rank, the more ships they offer, all they way up to the awesome Galleon. :D

And yes, you'll suffer significant race rep drop for destroying a station claimed by them. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 02:56

gee...make sure im not around or ill pound ya for scratchin my ships paint job...lol...yea if u blow the station you can say "good bye rep"...
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Gammel

Post by Gammel » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 04:09

Gee, looks like my post/thread got moved....twice.
Sorry for sticking it in the wrong place.

Hrmmm, if I'm going to lose race rep for blowing up those stations, then its going to be a real pain getting rid of the pirates. And yeah I know what those stations sell, but Id rather not have any dealings with the pirates, regardless how good their ships are.
Its a matter of principle. :D
!!! Caution!!!
Signature lost!
Please contact your Admin!

Sparx40

Post by Sparx40 » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 10:06

sorry for my bad english, but is there an excel document giving all the characteristics of the new ships and weapons?

Adlantis
x4

Post by Adlantis » Tue, 31. Jul 07, 11:05

Sparx40 wrote:sorry for my bad english, but is there an excel document giving all the characteristics of the new ships and weapons?
Something like this ?
Weh mir Frevler, dass ich schoss
den Schicksalsvogel Albatros!
Dreimal wehe, dass ich traf!
Dafür trifft mich des Schicksals Straf’!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”