[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tedbell

Post by tedbell » Mon, 4. Jan 16, 16:32

This is my fouth time through the plot, but I don't have enough credits for M2s.. I guess I will have to build up some cash first.

There are 9 Sohnen ships.

tedbell

Post by tedbell » Thu, 21. Jan 16, 16:39

Turns out I went though the wrong gate getting that M7 back - I ended up in a sector called "Last Frontier" which had some sort of glowing orb as a Sohnen base.

I took about 35 laser towers on a fully loaded Titan and we both blasted all oft the ships until I realized what an idiot move I made.

Well, it was still very fun and now I have that M7 again!

Thanks for the replies - they had me thinking that I had done something wrong and sure enough I did!

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 22. Jan 16, 13:38

thanks for the update!
I have learnt from it that you can even parry those fearsome Sohnen-ships with a bunch of LTs. I have never made this experience by myself. Goot to know :)

Yamato56
x4

Post by Yamato56 » Fri, 28. Jul 17, 13:44

Hi Ive being play Xtended for some years now and I always get to the part where I have to get the blueprints for the Valhalla but never can get them even if I use the player HQ and am wondering if I can get some help because I can't continue of with the plot and I have finished the main plot and have a larger amount of resources at my disposal so if some can help I would appreciate it

keo
xr

Post by keo » Thu, 22. Mar 18, 19:09

hello all and sorry for ask, but trying x3r xtm now and i cannot find the manual or an instruction to how intall it
all the link in this topic on the first message and all rest of xtm topic here and also in the txu forum are broken so i cannot figured out how to install it

nwm i found how to re-install on txu forum:

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/103 ... TM-Updated

bocap

Xtended Mod 0.7 -X3 reuion unowned ship>??

Post by bocap » Sat, 28. Jul 18, 10:17

I wonder if anyone had ever install Xtended Mod 0.7 in X3 Reunion, i wonder if there is any new unowned ships in this Mod that the players can claim. also in this mod at the beginning of the game just after you finish the patrol mission. if you go to Ore belt and try to trade back and forth between solar energy XL and ore mine in this sector for several times, you will see Kha'ak spawn 3 or 4 kha'ak destroyer and minion in argon ore belt and destroy the solar energy that you trying to trade. they also destroy any ship on their path. i don't understand why kha'ak invaded ore belt in argon and none of the argon ship can defeat them. i mean the kha'ak are so powerful. i saw many big argon ships were fight with them but they all get destroy... ship.. after ….ship. i think this mod need to balance the damage of the kha'ak and others races in the map. i mean the kha'ak cant invade ore belt in argon territories. and they did and spawn a huge fleet. powerful one. now iam afraid to put any station in argon ore belt.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 28. Jul 18, 14:40

@ bocap: Please post questions about mods in the relevant mod thread in the relevant S&M forum. Moving this now.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Aydan

Post by Aydan » Wed, 15. Aug 18, 15:29

Best thing to do... don't panic ;)

https://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/95 ... DONT-PANIC!

You'll find a lot of answers in this thread. The XTM mod is pretty much finished, and you won't find someone changing the balance there, but if you play for a little while, you'll find yourself getting a lot more powerful than you may think at the moment. Khaak ships... the normal ones... are later on just something nice looking, if you're an insectoid. Discover the terran exploration fleet mowing down the paranids... find the teladi/pirate fighter using khaak weapons, and yes... there are freebies.

The general invasions, like the khaak and the terran ones just happen once. Once the khaak ships are destroyed, you won't see them again. As long as they're there, it's not wise to build stations there. They happen in random sectors which will be different in each game. Other, smaller invasions, like those pirates invading a sector (where you'll be able to capture one of the famous pirate M1) happen regularily. You'll be soon enough strong enough to tackle this as well ;)

ChrisF0001
x4

Re: [XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

Post by ChrisF0001 » Thu, 6. Dec 18, 10:16

So - does anyone know if the www.thexuniverse.com site is still actively maintained?

I was thinking of trying to get hold of the XTM mods again, and couldn't remember my credentials for that site - But, it uses reCAPTCHA v1, which is actually shut down. It uses that for everything admin-related, registering, recovering passwords and mailing the admins to tell them that their site is broken.

So if any passing person who can get in there sees this, I'd appreciate it if that message could be passed on somehow... (I'm not sure if this is a good place to post this, but perhaps it's worth a try!)

Albaronin

Re:

Post by Albaronin » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 08:04

Yamato56 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jul 17, 13:44
Hi Ive being play Xtended for some years now and I always get to the part where I have to get the blueprints for the Valhalla but never can get them even if I use the player HQ and am wondering if I can get some help because I can't continue of with the plot and I have finished the main plot and have a larger amount of resources at my disposal so if some can help I would appreciate it
I'm wondering the same thing. Scrolling back through the messages the Goner guy on the Valhalla says "we're dropping out, we'll get in touch when you have the blueprints". I get the Valhalla, then nothing. If its left here then the plot is unresolved, like what about the real vs rogue Sohnen? What about the rest of the story? Did the XTM team stop updating it? I've got .7 and I've scoured the Xuniverse forums and I can't find any answers, like not even anyone asking "hey so what happens after Valhalla mission?"

Anyone who can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it.

unknown1
x4

Re: Re:

Post by unknown1 » Sun, 18. Oct 20, 23:39

Albaronin wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 08:04
Yamato56 wrote:
Fri, 28. Jul 17, 13:44
I'm wondering the same thing. Scrolling back through the messages the Goner guy on the Valhalla says "we're dropping out, we'll get in touch when you have the blueprints". I get the Valhalla, then nothing. If its left here then the plot is unresolved, like what about the real vs rogue Sohnen? What about the rest of the story? Did the XTM team stop updating it? I've got .7 and I've scoured the Xuniverse forums and I can't find any answers, like not even anyone asking "hey so what happens after Valhalla mission?"

Anyone who can shed any light on this I'd appreciate it.

Would like to know this as well. Is the plot finished ? Can we get an end and aquire the blueprint for the valhalla?

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 19. Oct 20, 16:02

Don't know about the plot. But there is a problem rebuilding the Valhalla (after reengineering, what takes ages): The Headquarter cannot hold all the stuff you need to rebuild that ship. So the building process won't start.
When I worried about that (iirc this was > 10 years ago ;) ) other players told me that it would be easy to mod the storage-capacity of the player's HQ. Easy for them ...

Magnate
x3tc

Post by Magnate » Thu, 29. Oct 20, 15:54

sorry.but when i search download "xtm mod."..there is a blank screen with few comment instead page of download

are there a change page or else?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 29. Oct 20, 16:24

The XTM Tech support thread, a couple of topics below, has working download links:
moggy2 wrote:
Fri, 27. Jul 07, 04:58
To install XTM you need to download both of the following:

Alternative links:
(Last updated: 07.08.2016. X2-Illuminatus)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Wed, 12. Jul 23, 21:33

In hope that anyone from the original modders or someone who knwos still read this forum..

I would like some advice and directions on modifying the laser bullets glow intensity in relation to distance from the player/camera/point of view etc

IIRC the modders implemented some change to improve FPS in large battle involving cap ships and large lasers aka PPCs, Beta-EMPCs, and heavy missile guns.
I don't want invisible bullets, lag is not an issue anymore, but even a 1v1 , a Titan vs a K , I can't see the Gamma PPC exect only when it's about to hit me, or only when they fire for a couple meters then they become invisible.

Anyone can help on what file controls this and how it can be reverted ?

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Fri, 22. Sep 23, 15:31

Im trying myself on the mission with the Boron Angle yacht. I went to the sector with the pirate courier and talked to him, he then leaves without handing out the hostage. When i try to follow him to the next sector he just stops midspace and nothing happens. Is the script bugged or what is supposed to happen next?

nvm just had to reload an older save for the ship to fly to its base.

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Sun, 24. Sep 23, 14:28

I just started the treasure hunt mission and now i am supposed to find a stranded boron near mi tons refuge. I looked around that sector and the sectors nearby (all near pirate sectors and even the nearby race sectors) but i cant find him. Some threat in the xuniverse.com said he messages me once i am in the sector he is in, but nothing happend so far. how far away from mi tons refuge can he drift off?

also for some reason the 2nd otas plot wont start for me, i read i have to simply land on their base in akeelas lighthouse after i finished the first one and receved their ship. even waited an ingame day but the plot wont start.

danadi712

Post by danadi712 » Wed, 14. Feb 24, 18:54

Hello
Is www.thexuniverse.com/ still up?
Because when i enter on page is just some menus and none of them works!
If not, is there an alternative link?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 17. Feb 24, 19:29

No, the website is longer available.

If you're looking for downloads links, I posted the available ones a few posts above. The manual can be found here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

danadi712

Post by danadi712 » Wed, 21. Feb 24, 22:23

Thankyou
but i was more interested in some guides.
For example XENON scenario.
Is that a complete scenario?
How to play with XENON?
XENON stations produce nothing.
I am friend with PIRATES and GONER but i cannot land on their shipyards and equipement dock.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”