[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 27. Jul 07, 04:54

About this Thread

This thread is for discussions and chat about playing the XTM mod. If you have a question about a specific mission or type of ship post it here.

If you have a technical problem with XTM, are having problems installing it, or think you've found a bug please post in the [XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] thread instead.

Why 2 threads? The shear volume of new posts related to this mod made containing it to one thread unworkable. With 2 threads we've split the discussions into two distinct types; those who want to talk about playing XTM and those who need technical help getting XTM to run properly. hopefully these two threads will better server the needs of the community.

The old thread can be viewed here.

About XTM

The Xtended Mod is a fan made modification for X3 that expands on the original universe in many ways.

- an incredible 90 new universe sectors, including the Terran Solar System and new race sectors
- over 90 new ships from all races, including the M0 and a selection of ships remodelled and brought back from X2
- new in-game effects, from weapons to soundtracks to planets
- new commands, new stations, new wares and commodities, even new ship types.

and much, much more.

A fuller list of features is available in the [XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] thread, along with information of installing XTM.

For further details about the Xtended Mod visit the Xtended Mod forums which include a set of FAQ's

links

Downloads: Egosoft host the download but do not support it, you should check the Xtended Mod forums to check for new versions and dedicated support

Further Information:

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 04:07

Great!....thanks for this, it's going to stop a lot of cross-post confusion (Vanilla/XTM/S&M-general).

I've got a question (spoilers appreciated in answers - if any)

Done various missions, seen various probs (bugs/unfinished-bits),
but mainly great fun & mostly completable.
But, the
Spoiler
Show
Boron Angel mission has me confused, even after reading a minor walk-thru on TheXUniverse:
'Fly octopus to pirate courier rendevous, get warned not to follow him, so
1 don't follow, & mission aborts 'you lost them'
or
2 follow & get shot at, kill courier & follow Galleon closely.... it docks at shipyard... nada, nothing else happens
What am I missing?

(btw this thread says started Fri, 27. Jul 07, 03:54, but this is the first time
I've noticed it - presumable a lag in setting-up the thread, or am I getting sticky blindess?)

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 04:51

Dave Toome wrote: (btw this thread says started Fri, 27. Jul 07, 03:54, but this is the first time
I've noticed it - presumable a lag in setting-up the thread, or am I getting sticky blindess?)
moderators have private boards. they can create a thread like this, take their time getting it set up then move it to the forum they want it in after it's all nice and formatted. which is probably what happened here.

Algoran
x3tc

Post by Algoran » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 05:18

Dave Toome: Basically,

Spoiler
Show
Dont kill the courier - he docks at the galleon, then the princess or whoever it was launches from it :)

avicenna
x3tc

Post by avicenna » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 05:48

Dave Toome
Spoiler
Show
Pirate warns you not to follow him, but the point of the mission is to follow him. So the solution, follow at a distance and don't get caught.
"A man may imagine things that are false,
but he can only understand things that are true."

Sir Isaac Newton

spoidz
x3tc

Xenon Station Spawning?

Post by spoidz » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 06:18

Just a quick question and an observation.

Question:
Spoiler
Show
Are the Xenon stations set to respawn if you destroy them in Allied race sectors? I keep killing one that seems to act like the "12th" pirate station that has to exist somewhere at all times. Or are Xenon stations now part of the "roaming Xenon patrols" that I have heard discussed.?
Observation:

One thing I don't seem to find in the XTm forums is the level of detail we have for Vanilla universe for things like station stats, wares, and weapons. I thought Xtm was being played for a while now but there don't seem to be the kinds of lists for stats/guides etc that we have here.

I have started a new XTM game with a vanilla plot start (never finished vanilla plot). Is XTM meant to have us find all that stuff as we explore? I wouldn't mind but most of the new items don't seem to have even any info in the ware screens (at least to me) and the fact that they haven't had time to update Betty and things like Sector Planner don't work yet for XTM. I know about the Terran data that must be acquired.

Are there guides somewhere that I can't find? The XTM manual is rather bare.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 09:54

Algoran, avicenna
OK thanks for that, I'll guess I'll have to try a delayed follow-on, cheers :)

spoidz, I get that I think it's cos I keep accepting the offered missions & forgetting to finish them,
or am I thinking of the Xenon-core one?

I think most XTM players are too busy finding things & playing to write guides,
there are some very specific ones (like HCF stuff)

Leke
x4

Post by Leke » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 14:33

I had this problem with the boron angel mission. When i take the octopus to the angel i got the location where i need to meet the pirates and the location was: split fire and the cordinates was something like x: 30, y: 0, z: 30.

Now tell me what is wrong with those cordinates? :rofl: :lol:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 15:26

The coordinates are picked at random, and looks like you got a set that was inside the planet in Split Fire. I would imagine a different random location will be chosen if you reload from before you started the mission and try again.

Dark Tech
x3

XTM and the Terran Sectors

Post by Dark Tech » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 17:58

So.. restarted after the mod was released. How can you gain entry to the terrans sectors now that the I have completed the plot??
Cheers

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 18:54

Go to options, game-play, artificial-life-settings and set 'Add terrans to non-plot game' to Yes.
At least with non-plot....

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sun, 29. Jul 07, 21:42

Also.....
to save frustration for anyone else doing Boron Angel:
Spoiler
Show
after passing ransom to pirate elite, if you change ships
(a must I think), if you change to a ship that can dock an M5
DON'T dock the octopus....this is what kept on keeping me from
succeeding - the elite detects the octopus even if docked & the mission
will fail

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 02:30

I installed XTM, and I really love all the new ships and goodies...

But I found the additions to be a real slower downer of my frame rate.

So I unfortunatly can't really play it until I upgrade my specs (since normal X3 runs fine for me)...

Any chance I can find a place that has the .xsp files for some of the bigger ships (which is what I really wanted)? So that I may have those, yet pass on the slower frames?

Personally I think the engine trails are what caused the frames, that and I was in Argon prime with the new shipyard which is... impressivly big.

I dont like engine trails anyway because you cannot really use most ships in 3rd person(err ship?) view since the camera just gets clouded in exhaust... lol... anyway since this is space should exhaust really cloud? Shouldnt it dispears or not exist in the first place?
This was left intentionally blank for formating purposes.

Persh0
x3tc

Post by Persh0 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 02:54

Exhaust makes it easier to keep track of ships on-screen.

And looks pretty.

Mainly looks pretty.

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 02:56

yes, I agree exhuast trails look pretty normally (expecially on missles) I just prefer it wasnt on the player ship since I cruise around in 3rd person most the time and the trail hits right into the camera.

Anyway, any clues on what is causing the framo dropo? Normal X3 runs like a champ.

Persh0
x3tc

Post by Persh0 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 03:29

Under God wrote:yes, I agree exhuast trails look pretty normally (expecially on missles) I just prefer it wasnt on the player ship since I cruise around in 3rd person most the time and the trail hits right into the camera.
Hit num2 or num8?

No idea on performance drop.. Just generally more ships in the universe?

I know that personally I am completely unable to go into Argon Prime/other race's home sectors [Other then Boron] because of the armies of M4/M3's that cover them. Wasn't like that when I started my game though, they just keep building up more and more now :(

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 03:51

Hey all. I bought X3 long time ago and have been a pain in the butt for a long time on these forums :) just ask the mods haha. Anyways been a while since played X3 in fact never played it much just tried it in game and that was it.

Id like to start again but I did not much like the storyline and it was a tad complicated on the normal game play.

My question is would this mod be a first time user friendly? Should they beat the main game first? This part of the main game story or almost a new game released inside X3?

Thanks

aka1nas
x4

Post by aka1nas » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 04:09

Under God wrote: Any chance I can find a place that has the .xsp files for some of the bigger ships (which is what I really wanted)? So that I may have those, yet pass on the slower frames?
Most of the big ships, like the M0s, wouldn't work well if you did that as they rely heavily on their XTM scripts to function.

Under God
x3

Post by Under God » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 04:50

aka1nas wrote:
Under God wrote: Any chance I can find a place that has the .xsp files for some of the bigger ships (which is what I really wanted)? So that I may have those, yet pass on the slower frames?
Most of the big ships, like the M0s, wouldn't work well if you did that as they rely heavily on their XTM scripts to function.
That makes me sad panda!

(any chance they would release a special M0 ships only version including scripts just for me lol?)

I do really wish I could play this but the slide show performance just left me crying... and then my tears caused a blurry effect that wouldnt let me see the really impressive Shipyard...

p.s... My ship danced around for 2 minutes trying to dock with the shipyard in argon prime until I manually flew around trying to dock on a few different sides and my ship found the docking strip.

ShadowSlayer56

where can i find plutonium ??

Post by ShadowSlayer56 » Mon, 30. Jul 07, 06:52

title is self explanatory.
Last edited by ShadowSlayer56 on Mon, 30. Jul 07, 07:09, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”