[XTM - GAMEPLAY] Gameplay discussion for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sixense
x3ap

Post by Sixense » Mon, 21. Feb 11, 20:06

I have XTM 0.7.5, BSE, Cmod2 and MilitaryHud mods/scripts installed.

I managed to get Split Dragon MK.III to bail, but I couldn't claim it. Any idea why?

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 03:25

Were you space walking or using salvage claim software or something similar?

Sixense
x3ap

Post by Sixense » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 08:51

Yes, I tried to manually claim it by using spacesuit. It doesnt work for M6 and up? I was as close to Dragon as possible.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 12:05

I dont think you can claim M6 and up,i have tried myself a few times and no matter how close i got i cant claim them.

Your going to need salvage claim software or something like that especially if you want to claim the really big ships.

Phillip
x3

Post by Phillip » Wed, 4. May 11, 14:05

ok this may sound weird been trying for HOURS now literally but to no avail

I'm doing the Bala Gi mission towing the yacht for some reason and I dont know why the yacht(tractor beam activated) will not go through the gate to maelstrom at all I go through and then nothing im just sat there like a lemon I go back into the unknown sector and its either behind the gate or a few klicks from it. Is this a bug or am I being completely stupid???

I'm using Hydra mkIII to pull I know its not the Hydra thatsd the problem as It went through the first gate no problem.
Owner of: HeadQuarters x 1 SPP's x 5 Ironmine x 1 Cerebus x 1 Mammoth x 1 Nemesis x 1
Centaur x 1 Hydra mkIII x 1 Eclipse x 50 Xenon XL x 20 Nova' x 50 Dolphins x 20.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 4. May 11, 21:28

You need to sit for a while and it will come through. I think it can take anything up to a couple of minutes.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Phillip
x3

Post by Phillip » Thu, 5. May 11, 19:23

Really? I've waited a few mins gone back through to see where it is and sometimes the yacht is like 5km away from the gate or even behind it I cant even push it through the gate either.

Well strange.
Owner of: HeadQuarters x 1 SPP's x 5 Ironmine x 1 Cerebus x 1 Mammoth x 1 Nemesis x 1
Centaur x 1 Hydra mkIII x 1 Eclipse x 50 Xenon XL x 20 Nova' x 50 Dolphins x 20.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 5. May 11, 21:17

Phillip wrote:Really?
Yes. really. lol You may want to read this
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Phillip
x3

Post by Phillip » Thu, 5. May 11, 23:19

ty my friend will try it now

Phillip
x3

Post by Phillip » Fri, 6. May 11, 15:34

ok tried waited for a whole 5 mins with SETA on it just didnt come through just a damn Pirate Reaper guns blazing :\

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Fri, 6. May 11, 22:39

hmmmmm. What version of X3R have you got installed?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Phillip
x3

Post by Phillip » Fri, 6. May 11, 23:33

Buck you may now call me the BIGGEST NOOB ever.

Cannot believe I've been trying for bladdy days and the reason why it wouldnt come through is the simple fact I stayed too close to the gate LOL

As soon as I moved away about 1km it came through :oops:

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 7. May 11, 09:24

lol Don't worry about it my friend. We were all noobs once. ;) At least it's sorted now. Although I suggest you try and keep the actual beam attached to the Yacht, as short as possible. Especially if you have more gates to pass through. :D
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

human chancelor
x4

bigger, uglier and nastier than the Vallhalla from Xtended?

Post by human chancelor » Sat, 11. Jun 11, 13:00

so, my question is has there ever been a ship that is bigger, uglier and nastier than the Vallhalla?

im looking for something to put me in my place in the game and give me a good beating, because i have pretty much destroyed all of the split and paranid stations i can find, and now im moving onto the Argon. so now i think its time that something else ingame came along and took the power away from me.

i have the Vallahalla as the fleets flagship,but i dont fly it myself, my fleet is as follows; 10 Odins, 100 Nova Raiders, 3 Titans, 4 Raptors, 1 Hyperion [my ship], 64 Buster Vanguards.

if there is a ship out there that could beat that fleet and my even nastier battle tactics i want to fight it!

it wont be just that ship fighting the fleet alone, it will have the entire Argon fleet along side it.

i also read of a Sohnen M0 in Xtended, but i cant seem to find one so i cant fight it. if i knew where to find one i wouldnt be here :wink:

EDIT: i think i may have found what im looking for, only most of the description is in german. if anyone knows how to get this beast, theres a few free beers in it for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meQo5k2xNM8

{Keyword: XTM; Action: merge. :) jlehtone}
What do you mean you didn't do it? I just saw you! Now say sorry to the nice Boron...

Kekon
x3tc

Spoiler - capping question

Post by Kekon » Fri, 8. Jul 11, 20:18

Hi all and apologies for prior posts on incorrect threads. I think I'm in the right place this time,lol. Have a biggie, please don't read spoiler if new to XTM lke me.
Spoiler
Show
Picked up angel post princess rescue. Flying back through Sacred Relic and encounter 2 X Ancient Shivan dragons. Can destroy both eventually but really want to know, are these cappable in the bare XTM with bonus pack installed? Anyone done this?
Hope i have correctly raised this topic. Many thanks in anticipation and apologies to all for incorrect forum use prior. :-)
Killaofpoirates

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 00:22

**merged with XTM Gameplay topic as per [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=96292][b]X3R[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url]**
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Albrek
x3tc

[XTM] - plot Farnhams Legens mission, heeeelp!

Post by Albrek » Sun, 11. Sep 11, 04:55

Hi Everyone :)

Been a long time lover of the X series, but tend not to post much.. I've recently come back to make a good effort at finishing the plot of X3:reunion (I'd played alot, but barely touched the plot) and am finding it tough!

I'm only on the second mission, to Farnhams Legend to get back the Gem - Still in the original buster, with a bit of engine and rudder tuning, the standard Particle (beta) weapons and some Mosquito missiles, along with the Combat systems - as soon as the Pirates come out, I get absoloutely sledgehammered and blown to bits in about 15 seconds.

Now I'd been past this mission before, but that was not with the Xtended Mod... can anyone help with some advice? has anyone had this difficulty before? - it's only on Normal mode

Thanks

-Albrek

intolerantbass

Post by intolerantbass » Sun, 11. Sep 11, 05:01

Folks are going to suggest you ask this in the xtended forum .
Apparently this X-Universe is for unmodded Q&A

Albrek
x3tc

Post by Albrek » Sun, 11. Sep 11, 05:15

ahh.. my bad - The Mod and script sections looked like more on the actual modding than the playing of the mod, and the other was tech support- so im unsure where this would go

Could a Moderator please move this if that is the case? Don't want to repost- thanks :)

ShadowRouge

Post by ShadowRouge » Sat, 24. Sep 11, 00:28

can u capture ships like m6 or bigger in this mod with marines or whatever and do u get a repair laser cause that would be helpful

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”