[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 22. Sep 12, 11:01

So, it should be asked in the appropriate mod's thread.

*merged*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Chilli1981

Post by Chilli1981 » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 00:00

Hello. I just installed xtm mod 0.7.5. Started a new game, mod check ok. I started a new game in custom start...flight leader and i noticed that the weapons on the terran ship is unknown. Also the gates in terran sector shows me "GATE ???" Pls some1 can explain what i did wrong. Tnx.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Thu, 15. Nov 12, 20:12

Probably because you hav'nt bought the Terran info from the BBS.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

thelastslaith

Post by thelastslaith » Tue, 4. Dec 12, 17:44

Hi,

I need help!!!

HERES the background info:

Ive recently just modded my game just got to having my first capital ship (tital with ppcs for my ranged killer which is epic especially with my first 3 m7s following it) and I decided to mod out my game mostly after seeing a dagerous Khak mod making them start to take over sectors when I thought I want exactly that but with Xeon thus I found the Xeon border conflicts file and ive downloaded a few mods 6 of which are now showing on crows plug in manager these are:
Xeon border conflicts, Yaki armada, Xeon shipyard, Ring of fire (stealth LT ring), player friendly EQ and race invasions.

None of these describe putting in pirate bareclaws and xeon Qs or stuff like that which I believe are from when I tried to install X-tended.

So basically the problem is that im now getting random ships which show as no image and I believe I can hit them but the target acts like a normal ship such as a Q flying at 120 or a Bareclaw using evasion so its a much more dangerous universe than ID personally like.

I am assuming something went wrong with me trying to install X-tended which isnt showing in my plug in manager (or anywhere I can find other than the scripting)

So is there any way of me removing it or atleast completely disabling it so the universe acts like none the X-tended scripts work?

If anyone knows can you also just quickly PM me the response Thank you whoever you are!!!!
TLS

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 5. Dec 12, 10:27

Only solution imo: fresh install of X3R and then fresh install of the mod you want to play. The mix of different mods is always a bit hazardous as they often change the same files.

filippe999
x3ap

Post by filippe999 » Fri, 11. Jan 13, 19:20

Hi, i've followed the instructions of the moddb page regarding install of X-Tended, fresh install of X3R then patch to 2.5 then bonus package, then extract all to x3r folder. After all that i tried to launch the game and my main menu was like this
http://i48.tinypic.com/23uwggh.png
Believe it, that whole frame thing is my cursor :o
any ideas?

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 28. May 13, 20:31

@ Magnate
@ Helios01
@ Buck_Rogers

.. Bit of a Necro conversation, but reference those script fixes you were all talking about a page or so ago ..

I found something recently which I havent seen mentioned - LV is hosting them on google code

https://code.google.com/p/x3tcscripts/d ... p&can=2&q=

There are five plugin scripts in there which are newer than the XTM versions of the same scripts ( extract the zip, and have a look in the combined folder )

-------------------------------------------

Question for anyone :

Is there a XTM / CMODII / MARS T file still lurking around somewhere ?

( It was to make MARS compatible with CMODII if I recall correctly .. I know MARS is fine with XTM, its just when you throw CMODII into the mix )

I have had a good read and my search fu fails me ( even google fails except to show wayback posts also with dead links )

I have seen a few old posts where they were linked ages ago, but both have fallen down the interweb black hole ( links no longer working )

Edit: I have had a good read of the TXU CMODII topic too, the topic is locked for new posts. CMODIII has a MARS file link over there, but no use for CMODII obviously. Also had a read of MARS topic for X3R and similarly no joy with any usable link.

jhony95

Post by jhony95 » Tue, 26. Nov 13, 21:34

I need help. In some sector gates are leading me to other gates in the same sector, they show the name of the sector im in and when i pass through i get back to the same place

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 12:33

You should probably ask your question in the thread for the XTC-mod. This thread is related to the XTM-Mod for X3-Reunion.
(If you are playing XTC then you are experiencing one of the main featrues of the Mod: The original Universe (whose dimensions vary depending on the game-start you have chosen) expands. That means that in some sectors the gates may lead back to the sector itself - until the next step of the expansion opens the sector behind. Then, the Gate will change its name and give access to the new connected sector.)

jhony95

Post by jhony95 » Thu, 28. Nov 13, 19:23

thanks man. My mod is for X3TC and i didnt know of this feature. Thanks a lot

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Mon, 2. Dec 13, 17:00

alt3rn1ty wrote: Is there a XTM / CMODII / MARS T file still lurking around somewhere ?

( It was to make MARS compatible with CMODII if I recall correctly .. I know MARS is fine with XTM, its just when you throw CMODII into the mix )

I have had a good read and my search fu fails me ( even google fails except to show wayback posts also with dead links )

I have seen a few old posts where they were linked ages ago, but both have fallen down the interweb black hole ( links no longer working )

Edit: I have had a good read of the TXU CMODII topic too, the topic is locked for new posts. CMODIII has a MARS file link over there, but no use for CMODII obviously. Also had a read of MARS topic for X3R and similarly no joy with any usable link.
I thought Cmod was compatible with XTM, even the latest version was made for XTM I think, but you probably know this so maybe I'm missing something :oops: , so feel free to update me :P

I'm looking at this mods/scripts atm also, trying to find out what to use together with XTM.

Sniper_Ghost20
x3

Post by Sniper_Ghost20 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 19:56

I've recently come back to X3 reunion after having a lot of problems with running it on windows 7 in the past. But want to try and give it another shot.

Which order should I install XTM and Crycrows Plugin Manager? XTM first?
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum!" - Duke Nukem

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 21:46

Hi and welcome back. I just returned also to finally get a play-through :)

I dont think plugin manager install any files into X3, only the mods you install with it. You can even install XTM with plgin manager so it should not be any problem to install plugin manager even earlier. So i suggest this install order to make all mods/scripts more easy to uninstall.

Install X3R
Install patches
Install Plugin Manager
Install XTM
*Check XTM is installed correctly (start a game and use AL: Check Mod Status)
Install Official Bonus Pack - those you want to use.
Install any other scripts or mods

But Im not an expert on this, but I ha never had any problem with this install order.
Last edited by xxx73 on Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

xxx73
x3tc

Post by xxx73 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 22:18

Here is a post from X-universe about a starting a new game with XTM and install order, but dont say anything about plugin manager.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/11771-A-New-Start

jhony95

Post by jhony95 » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 23:18

Hi

im experiencing problems relationed to the shipyard control centre. No shipyards owned by me appear there, i have a hq and can only store ships in it because all other functions had gone.

thank for any help

Sniper_Ghost20
x3

Post by Sniper_Ghost20 » Sat, 7. Dec 13, 18:10

xxx73 wrote:Here is a post from X-universe about a starting a new game with XTM and install order, but dont say anything about plugin manager.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/11771-A-New-Start
Ok Thanks.
"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all outta gum!" - Duke Nukem

Adusad
x3

Can't buy atf ships

Post by Adusad » Thu, 9. Jan 14, 23:20

Hi,I have problems with terran sectors.Gates are not displayed on minimap and (what is worst :evil: ) I just can't purchage any terran ships.They aren't displayed in shypiards and,well,the shipyards have zero hull and shields :( .Any ideas for solving this problem?

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Sat, 11. Jan 14, 14:57

Sounds like an installation problem.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Huggins777

Post by Huggins777 » Wed, 12. Feb 14, 02:04

Hello all i have a simple issue...its no more dangerous than X3 vanilla. I do not have hoards of xenons trying to rampage the universe, Kha'ak are barely existant in the universe. There's the occasional xenon P+fighters patrol but nothing like i've read others encountering. Is this because my combat rank is only at Assassin? I have ran into Pirates with Carracks, Galeon, m6, plus fighter squads trying to destroy sectors though. So is it sort of hit and miss which faction/race is rampaging or should be encountering M1/2 attacks by the Kha'ak and xenon aswell?

Just looking for a little more lively universe. Thanks.

zdan30
x4

Sohnen warning message about stealing technology (disable?)

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 3. Aug 14, 16:13

As the title would suggest im looking for a way to disable the warning message when using the Sohnen ships
I realise and understand why it mightve been put into place but as its me playing my game for my own enjoyment id like to know if there is a way to disable it?
A script maybe or possibly an even simpler way?

Would appreciate some help if any one knows anything

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong place
Sorry if this post offends anyone and how they play the game

Thanks for reading

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”