[XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fenton bevan

Post by fenton bevan » Fri, 24. Jun 16, 00:08

Oh, i see my mistake.
X tension was a previous x game and not xtm.
Sorry.
Wanted to make sure i had the latest version before i got all into the game.
I hope there are more bbs missions.
Im sick of flying through countless sectors with hardly any bbs missions.

Thanks for replying.
F.bevan.

sulusdacor

Post by sulusdacor » Thu, 4. Aug 16, 20:57

hey, looking for a current xtm version, got the XTM_0.7.5_Full.exe from moddb, but cant find the XTM_0.7.5_Patch.exe anywhere on the net. Or if anyone would have a full version of the 0.73 xtm, i would take that too. None of the links seem to work sadly...

would be super cool if anyone still reads here ;)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 5. Aug 16, 09:40

Not sure, whether I understand you right. From my understanding the "XTM_0.7.5_Full.exe" installs XTM in its most up-to-date version (0.75), while the "XTM_0.7.5_Patch.exe" patches any (or some) later version to 0.75. If you install the newest version directly, you don't need to patch anything.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sulusdacor

Post by sulusdacor » Sat, 6. Aug 16, 14:23

the patch.exe holds all scripts and stuff to keep XTM running,quests,pirateships routes,and so on. the name is a bit of misleading^^ i installed the xtm full,without the patch version. result: no factorys at pirate shipyards, no big pirate ships, no xtm quests....

so if u just have xtm full you only hold the content so to speak and not the links to get most of it into the game ;)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 6. Aug 16, 17:05

Ah okay, I didn't know that. Thanks for the explanation.

I found the file and reuploaded it on mediafire.com: Link. Let me know, if it's the correct one.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sulusdacor

Post by sulusdacor » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 16:53

thx so much =) love x3 reunion with xtm. man love you.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 7. Aug 16, 17:30

I added the two working links (full.exe from moddb.com and patch.exe from mediafire.com) to the opening post now.

l1amk1ng

Post by l1amk1ng » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 15:15

Hi, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but in my game I can't create a fleet with my ships. Can someone help me out with this?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 16:17

Are you sure you posted in the correct topic? You previously posted in the XTended Terran Conflict forum thread, while you're now posting in the XTM thread for X3: Reunion.

In any way, you should elaborate your problem (in the appropriate thread) and describe more detailed what stops you from creating a fleet.

x3tc

Miranda Mission not happening

Post by 150147 » Sat, 1. Sep 18, 14:37

Hi Guys,
I'm not getting the Miranda rescue mission from the Goner shipyard after the Sonen plot ends and I collected my new Aran.

Can anyone help?

mhscrutton
x4

Re: [XTM - TECH. SUPPORT] Technical support for Xtended Mod

Post by mhscrutton » Sun, 10. Feb 19, 00:54

Electro-magnetic Plasma Cannon 02/09/2019

These have Never been shown in the Terran Ships in-game available weapons list though the laser (alpha and beta) are available as wares. Player provided research shows these as available on Terran capitol ships but again the ship weapons available to install weapons list does not include these. No ship of any race does. I'm running latest x3 Reunion, xtended. LV cheats and the bonus package. Any thoughts please let me know.

mhscrutton
x4

Post by mhscrutton » Thu, 8. Aug 19, 21:30

Ok, but every link I found everywhere are broken links to download the x3r XTM manual. Is there anywhere can really be downloaded? I'll pay for it too if desired. I'm at mhscrutton@yahoo.com. This is a great mod to a great game though some consider it dated and have withdrawn support. Please help.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 10. Aug 19, 17:52

mhscrutton wrote:
Sun, 10. Feb 19, 00:54
Player provided research shows these as available on Terran capitol ships but again the ship weapons available to install weapons list does not include these.
This might be because the ship weapons list is hardcoded in the way that only a certain amount of weapons can be displayed. I don't remember if this is only the case for the color coded list or the text list, as well. But if a game feature tells you certain weapons would be compatible with certain ship types, it's worth a short to try installing them.
mhscrutton wrote:
Thu, 8. Aug 19, 21:30
Ok, but every link I found everywhere are broken links to download the x3r XTM manual. Is there anywhere can really be downloaded?
I'm afraid, I had a look but didn't find any working download link.

Kalah

Post by Kalah » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 14:13

Crashing when loading autosaves.

I have recently started playing X3R (XTM) again, and a problem has arisen. The game crashes occasionally, and whenever I try to load an autosave, it unceremoniously crashes to desktop. All autosaves seem to suffer from this. Does anybody know what's going on?

EDIT: Looks like I found the cause. Seems to be happening only when running on my screen's biggest resolution instead of the standard.

Lwerewolf
x4

Post by Lwerewolf » Sat, 5. Feb 22, 03:11

Not sure if I should be posting this here or in the general tech support forum, and I know that it's a bit of a long shot to expect any kind of help given how old the game & mod are, but let's try:

I've been trying to play X3:XTM on & off for some years now (every... 6-7 months or so?) and every time I gave up due to inexplicable CTDs (no error message whatsoever, can't seem to find any sensible logging either) starting to occur. I just managed to (I think) pinpoint the cause - enabling "more dynamic light sources" crashes the game when certain ships are... well, rendered close enough or at all - no other graphics settings seem to affect this, although I haven't tried absolutely all possible permutations. So far, it seems like the Centaur MK3 and the Reaper are affected. Any clue as to what might be causing this? I didn't find anything while searching briefly.

Setup is W10 x64, 5800x, 5700xt, soundblaster ae-5, everything updated. I just managed to start reproducing it (noticed a CTD when f3-ing a Centaur MK3, later on during test attempts I crashed while a Reaper spawned nearby) but I'm pretty sure that this exact thing was happening with some of my older parts as well (3770k regardless of cpu/memory settings, rx480, 3770k with the 5700xt).

EDIT:
Nope, as soon as I start f3-ing everything in order, it's a matter of time (i.e. f3-ing the right thing / enough things) before the game crashes. I'm guessing a memory leak of some sort.

Lwerewolf
x4

Post by Lwerewolf » Thu, 10. Feb 22, 04:52

Disregard, it's the "famous" (I guess) target switching with camera set to f3 crash thing. In my case - happens on a fresh install, with XTM installed, on two systems (5800x/5700xt/etc & an 8770w with a 3620qm & a gtx780m in it), linux mint, windows 7 (on the 8770w), windows 10, with the steam version, with the superbox (v2.5 2007) version... Ah well.

EDIT:
Just tried on my surface pro 3 (i5/4gb/128gb i.e. nothing special) and... no issues whatsoever. This gave me an idea - I limited X3's FPS to 60 via rivatuner and... you can probably guess it - from my 2-3 minute long cycle through everything at lightspeed attempts, everything's working. As an added bonus, no coil whine coming from the GPU in the main menu. Might be a good idea to consolidate all this... For anybody wondering - vsync ought to have almost the same effect, with a bit of added input lag to spice things up.

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 20:26

Anyone know how to disable the performance improvement made by the mod ? I'm talking about the fact that the game renders bullets almost invisible to improve performance, even though modern hardware has no problem with such a game nowdays.

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Sat, 16. Sep 23, 21:46

Are there any .spk downloads for this mod so i can switch it on/off with x plugin manager?

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Thu, 21. Sep 23, 15:29

Need help, i just finished the Main X3R plot and entered heretics end again, for some reason the paranid special crystal factory is still in that sector and it is invincable. The unknown terran ships in that sector try to destroy it and cause heavy lags for the entire game. Is there any way to remove that station without going "thereshallbewings"?

Ok nvm that, its not that station being attacked that causes the lags.... the lags only start when i enter heretics end. As long as i stay away from that sector the game runs smooth. But once i have been there the game lags everywhere, even outside that sector. But i have to enter heretics end to be able to enter the terran systems. is there a solution for those lags?

aandrasandras
x3tc

Post by aandrasandras » Sat, 23. Sep 23, 12:08

It doesnt look like there is anyone left to support this thread anymore. im still trying it anyway. I just started the OTAS missions, I picked up some scientist floating in space. And where supposed to dock at the trading station in aladna hill but the incoming message just reads Text7214-2105.

Once again, the issue solved itself by reloading an older save state, i should start making more of these

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”